The New York Meet: Dys, Diane, Lola, Blathan, and Joe Nation

Ethel2

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 04:57 pm
It would be lovely, Roberta if you joined us. We'll make sure Frank, Joe and Blatham behave.........and I'm always on my good behavior. Seriously, it would be fun.

BTW, Joe and Frank, when WILL we get together since we had to cancel our Halloween party?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 05:45 pm
Damn! We still have a bottle of champagne in the frig that we forgot about in our hour of misery after the election. Why don't all of you fly out here and we will by more champagne and drown our sorrows? We could also howl at the moon and find other trouble to get into...I seem to remember that Lola and I left some jewelry in Santa Fe for the other wives to buy, so come on down!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 05:47 pm
{{{{{{{{{{JOE NATION}}}}}}}}}}

That's the goodbye hug you didn't get when you disappeared on us after handling all the details of Frank's hospitalization and paying the bill at the restaurant. What a guy!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 05:52 pm
wee willie blurted

Quote:
Blatham expelled from Canada? Yeah, right. I heard hell was going to kick out Satan too.

You know, bill, I was taking everyone's advice...well, not everyone's, but all the brightest folks herein - foxfyre, timber, gungasnake, and yourself, of course, and I've been looking through the holy book (capitalized) and reading about the beginning (though I was tempted to go right to the end to find out what happens) and it was revealed to me that Satan was the world's first disgruntled former employee. Of course, there wasn't any 'Whistle Blower Protection' legislation at the time (and labor laws...sheesh...when you are talking Adam, you are talking MINIMUM wage, even for an immigrant gardner) and so we don't really know what happened because the media (King James owned everything) gave us just one side of the story. And I got to thinking that christianity (capitalized) has this flaw because it really should have been retroactive...like on the mercy thing, Yahweh being just about the meanest boss anybody ever bumped into what with the smiling as smoke rose from all those burning people who, you know, were born in Indonesia and didn't get the word and all. But I'll keep at this reading because we democrats gotta get straight on all this stuff.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:14 pm
Shocked The holy book (capitalized)? Are you sure you got the right one? Does it look like this?

http://www.satanicrituals.com/mybible.JPG

If not, maybe you have me mixed up with someone else... because that's the one we use here. :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:20 pm
Bernie is not Satan. I've met both of them...

well, Bernie, anyway.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:23 pm
Hmmm...hadn't really considered the question...pondering...am I goat-like? Check. Gee, maybe something too this.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:28 pm
psst...portrayals of satan are really quite interesting. Two characteristics stand out:

1) look at the face...it's a jew

2) look at the horns and hooves...it's a goat (animal sexuality)

Nothing personal to the literalists out there, but my goodness, some strands of christian belief are big fukked up.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 06:29 pm
Roberta wrote:
Olga, Diane came this close to meeting Mikey. (By "this," picture your thumb and forefinger almost touching.) Had to cancel the visit to my apartment. Too much paperwork and frenzied activity lately. When I invite people to visit me, I like to provide a place for them to sit down. I'm funny that way. But I promised that next time they would most assuredly come to my place and meet the monster cat. And we would sit and schmooze indefinitely.

Oh damn, Roberta, I would have loved a second opinion on the "evil one"! :wink:
jespah

Reply Thu 26 May, 2011 05:27 pm
@msolga,
Bumping this up today.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 04:40 pm
How come we never made a movie out of this?
It was the Hangover before The Hangover.

Joe(oh what a night)Nation
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 07:40 pm
@Joe Nation,
I had to read this thing through. Jonathan, you comments are an absolute delight. I was honored you let me be your straight man throughout. As I said early in the discussion, you should have written comedy for a living, because you are absolutely terrific at it.

By the by, I was looking for something Dys said to me when I read this thing. In another thread, ci and I were discussing the way Dys use to do the busting balls thing...and I was trying to find an example. When I read some of the stuff I damn near wet my pants. GREAT STUFF!

Anybody interested should read the posts Jonathan wrote in this thread...with me playing the part of the other guy! This is some very funny stuff.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 09:31 pm
I'm glad I wasn't there. Dys and I never liked each other.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 10:07 pm
Hard to reread this and not thumb scads of posts up! Still laughing..
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 10:39 pm
@Thomas,
But, did he do a whole thread on "I dislike Thomas"?

http://able2know.org/topic/97907-1
Thomas

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 10:43 pm
@roger,
Kinda. It was titled: I sent Thomas away. That goes to show he disliked me so much he was willing to donate his care to the cause of getting rid of me. Can you top that?
roger

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 10:47 pm
@Thomas,
Rats!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 08:58 am
I always avoided threads like this one, based on my inability to participate. The emotions I felt were a mix of depression, perhaps jealousy, don't know the full measure - But I am much better these days. Peace.
JLNobody

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 08:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
I understand Edgar. I had time to read this entire thread today. I wish (in my jealousy) that I was there--some of the most enjoyable A2Kers were there. And I might have accidently stepped on Frank.
0 Replies