The New York Meet: Dys, Diane, Lola, Blathan, and Joe Nation

Ethel2

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 06:34 pm
............did you have to tell the truth? What's wrong with you anyway?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 06:42 pm
Topic: fun we had.

How many here have always wanted to slap Frank repeadly while yelling "Wake up...Wake up, damnit!" I got to do that last night.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 06:53 pm
that's right, Bernie..........I forgot you were slapping Frank around a bit........
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:00 pm
Frank:

You can't cross over to the great beyond until I whip you in a round of golf.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:05 pm
It was a grand evening, a perfect mix of french cuisine, fine friends and pandemonium. Over dessert (Frank missed this course) Dyslexia regailed us with tales from a previous life when he was an Aztec virgin. Lola, Dianne and the waitress sang a song about kilts. Joe Nation (not his real name) tried to convince us that companion Bubbles (not her real name) was a cousin. There was marijuana in plenty and sirens and police and a few rich moments in a Manhattan gutter. A wonderful evening, all around.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:12 pm
<I remember Jean Claude, he's a cutie..>
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:15 pm
blatham wrote:
Topic: fun we had.

How many here have always wanted to slap Frank repeadly while yelling "Wake up...Wake up, damnit!" I got to do that last night.
LMAO Laughing
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:22 pm
yes, Osso..........I thought Diane was going to faint when he arrived at our table, explaining the wine list, etc.

And Bernie.........Frank did have his dessert, didn't you Frank?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:32 pm
My only disappointment is the copious notes that I took during the dinner wherein we solved the problems of World Hunger and Nuclear Proliferation, rewrote an equitable plan for Peace in Middle East and came up with might have been a solution to Paget's Query were lost in the scuffle with the baseball fan with the big hat. She scattered the notes all over 47th Street right after Frank made some comments regarding the shape and size of the hip boots that her mother might be wearing. I've seen some left hooks in my day but the one she threw was a thing of beauty, an arc from out of nowhere. Frank got a much better look at it then I did, he watched it from the time it left the station till it arrived in the middle of the right side of his head. She regretted her action immediately, not out of pity for the man crumpled up on the pavement, but the hardness of his head had just about busted her hand.

So I decked her with a rabbit punch to the back of her neck.

By the time I turned around Frank was already back at the table talking to Bernie after that it was just about like Lola said.

And........... it was scary as hell. For those of you not lucky enough to have spent several many nights in Manhattan with Frank you have no idea of how fit the guy is, (try walking sixteen blocks just to get a burger.) Golf every morning does not make a wuss of a man, so it was very bizarre to see him prone.

Kudos to Bernie for his ministrations. I did think the slapping was a little excessive but it did look like fun.

Joe

{Some portions of the preceding paragraphs are the fig newtons of the mind of me. I'm a little unsure which parts.)
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:41 pm
maybe I can help you out a bit, Joe..........slap you around and see if we can find those figs. Here, let me get my hip boots.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:45 pm
Thanks for filling us in.

Frank, are you around to be filled in, too?

Has to be freaky, waking up in an ER without knowing what happened -- you took it in stride.

I know how that works though that people can be lucid in the middle but then not remember later, can see how the group thought Frank was fine enough and on his way to get care. That happened with my hubby when he had an appendectomy, I had conversations with him in the hospital that he had no memory of later.

Glad that everyone seems to be fine now!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:47 pm
what a story!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:51 pm
One question. Will there be pot next time too?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:54 pm
do you want there to be pot?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:55 pm
I was in need of a pair of shoelaces. Fortunately, Frank didn't see me standing in the shadows, never noticed as I raised the blowgun. Pffffft! The dart struck home, right behind Frank's left ear.

I raced over, removed the dart and shoelaces, and disappeared into the night.

(I wish I would have known he had pot in his pocket)
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:58 pm
Frank wrote:
Quote:
I'd like to think that I was talking coherently...and entertainingly...right up to the end...but I will have to wait until some of the others post comments.

You were very entertaining, Frank, lucid, coherent and all. And you did only have two beers. But maybe it was the black and blue steak you ate..........
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:58 pm
Lola wrote:
do you want there to be pot?

Yup!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 07:59 pm
Quote:
(I wish I would have known he had pot in his pocket)

He didn't, Gus...........it was long gone by then. Shoe lace thief.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:00 pm
wishes have a way of coming true, Kicky
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 08:01 pm
There was pot????
0 Replies