And wives, I am all for adding wives.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 12:17 am
I would LOVE to meet Roberta .... & the rest of you, of course! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 12:26 am
Roberta is worth the rest of us in a pile...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 12:42 am
Very Happy I'm very, very fond of her, too! Very Happy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:31 am
Diane wrote:
Hey sweet Frank--I'm a little slow about getting back to a2k, but it is wonderful to see your handsome face again. You can't realize how worried we all were---seeing you on the pavement was not part of the game plan, although Bernie did get a lot of play out of slapping you. Did you realize that your eyes swam around as if you had entered a parallel universe?

Hey, Diane.

Great to "see" you again too.

We did have a wonderful time...until the "falling out!"

One question if I may...something that has been troubling me:

When Bernie was trying to slap me back to consciousness...did he have his hand open...or clenched into a fist?

I'm still having lots of trouble understanding the shiner...although as I've mentioned, it was a beauty...and I got a ton of mileage out of it with very interesting stories!

As for the spinning eyes...hey...that ain't nothin'. Good thing I didn't do my Linda Blair impression! Watching my head do a 360 can be rather unsettling.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:17 pm
Frank, Bernie's hand was open, but his smile was closed, if you know what I mean...a little scary, eh? Those Canadians seem so gentle and sweet, hmmmm?

Msolga and Osso, Dys and I got to see Roberta on Tuesday night. We wanted to see her alone, all to ourselves. She is that wonderful--and that much of a night owl. The next day at lunch, we also got to meet a couple of women I had met before, Susan and Phyllis--both native New Yorkers with that incredible humor and wit that Roberta displays so easily.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:26 pm
hey frank

As a Canadian, the hand would be open.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 08:42 pm
Hee, hee, hee...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 12:03 am
blatham wrote:
But of course, I'm now living in New York.
Shocked I guess you guys weren't kidding about the need to tighten them borders.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 12:42 am
Hah, OBill. Bernie was like a courteous and helpful Canadian Mountie. Too bad he wasn't wearing those sexy high black boots.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 12:53 am
You guys are a riot. I'm glad you're ok Frank :-D
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 12:55 am
Diane met Roberta and I didn't? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 09:05 am
Diane wrote:
..Msolga and Osso, Dys and I got to see Roberta on Tuesday night. We wanted to see her alone, all to ourselves. She is that wonderful--and that much of a night owl. The next day at lunch, we also got to meet a couple of women I had met before, Susan and Phyllis--both native New Yorkers with that incredible humor and wit that Roberta displays so easily.

Thanks for that, Diane. I wish I could have been there, too, to meet you all! Very Happy

ps ... Did you get to meet Mikey (Roberta's cat)? Smile
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 12:57 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
blatham wrote:
But of course, I'm now living in New York.
Shocked I guess you guys weren't kidding about the need to tighten them borders.

I didn't want to come. I was expelled. Actually, I'm funnin ya. My home shall always be the land of the maple leaf and gay marriage.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 01:04 pm
Msolga, we met at a restaurant. I still await a meeting with the formidable Mikey.
BTW, the restaurant was Italian with little separate rooms so we got to talk for a couple of hours without ever feeling rushed and, on top of that, the food was delish!

Obill, in case you've never met Bernie, he is one of those typical Canadians, always recognizable by their sinister, terrorist look-alike appearance. All that pish about their being so polite and gentle is hogwash. That Bernie is one of the most terrifying nuts I've ever come across. Really. Would I lie?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 01:38 pm
Diane, I have little doubt you speak the truth. Growing up in Wisconsin, our parents tried hard to shelter us from the awful truth about the Canadians... but we overheard the stories about puppies disappearing and they couldn't explain away the demented cackling that could be heard over the border when tragedies struck. We learn to see through that passive-aggressive front and know those maniacs are hell-bent on world domination. I'm relieved to hear you survived your unfortunate encounter with one of the scoundrels. I implore you to be more cautious in the future. Blatham expelled from Canada? Yeah, right. I heard hell was going to kick out Satan too.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 01:54 pm
Just want to add that I survived a couple of dramatic combats in discotheks about girls with some Canadian soldiers/children of them.

(Just thinking: has that been the reason, why I left my home and joined the navy? Laughing )
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 04:17 pm
I'm wandering around the cyber halls of a2k looking for something and voila. I didn't find it. But I found this. Frank, glad you're ok. It's a good thing I wasn't there. I would have just stepped over you and kept going. We Noo Yawkers can't be bothered with minor obstacles like bodies on the sidewalk. We're in a hurry.

Also found a few folks saying nice things about me in this thread. Aw shucks. Embarrassed Thanks for the kind words.

Olga, Diane came this close to meeting Mikey. (By "this," picture your thumb and forefinger almost touching.) Had to cancel the visit to my apartment. Too much paperwork and frenzied activity lately. When I invite people to visit me, I like to provide a place for them to sit down. I'm funny that way. But I promised that next time they would most assuredly come to my place and meet the monster cat. And we would sit and schmooze indefinitely.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 04:23 pm
Roberta wrote:
I'm wandering around the cyber halls of a2k looking for something and voila. I didn't find it. But I found this. Frank, glad you're ok. It's a good thing I wasn't there. I would have just stepped over you and kept going. We Noo Yawkers can't be bothered with minor obstacles like bodies on the sidewalk. We're in a hurry.

Also found a few folks saying nice things about me in this thread. Aw shucks. Embarrassed Thanks for the kind words.

Olga, Diane came this close to meeting Mikey. (By "this," picture your thumb and forefinger almost touching.) Had to cancel the visit to my apartment. Too much paperwork and frenzied activity lately. When I invite people to visit me, I like to provide a place for them to sit down. I'm funny that way. But I promised that next time they would most assuredly come to my place and meet the monster cat. And we would sit and schmooze indefinitely.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

So when you gonna meet some of us for a libation or two.

If you play your cards right...I will do another swan dive onto my face...and you can step over me.

But first...we gotta meet.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 04:32 pm
Frank, Things are a bit hectic now. Paperwork still strewn. Life still frenzied. Maybe after Thanksgiving. I'd like to meet you, but please, no swan dives. I don't have a cell phone. And my yelling skills ain't what they used to be.
0 Replies