The New York Meet: Dys, Diane, Lola, Blathan, and Joe Nation

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 12:03 am
A good respite to all of you...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 12:23 am
BBB
Frank, at least your little flop got Gus out of the shadows, so all is not lost.

BBB Laughing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 02:59 am
Lola wrote:
Bernie,

You have a totally one track mind.

Glad to hear you're doing well Frank. We'll have to do it again soon.

I hope so, Jane. We were having a ball right up to the point where I felt a need for some air...and you wouldn't believe how much mileage I am getting out of the shiner.

Sorry you had those bad moments while I was down...but if ya don't regularly practice that rising-from-the-dead move...ya lose it. :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 03:43 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Frank, at least your little flop got Gus out of the shadows, so all is not lost.

BBB Laughing

I'm happy to see Gus back.

Hey, BB...any chance you've got ci's email address? I want to write to him...but the address I have is old and my mails are being returned as undeliverable.

I wanna find out what's going on with him...and if coming back to A2K is still in the books.

If you have it.... [email protected]
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 04:19 pm
Frank:

We met c.i. in Austin this past weekend for the A2K Gathering there.

I'm sending you his e-address right now.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 04:23 pm
Well, This makes my efforts academic, Frank. <smile>

Hey, PDiddie. Someone said that you were on the campaign trail. Razz
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 04:31 pm
Hi, Let!

Yes.

Arguing with A2K rabble doesn't seem to provide the same satisfaction that registering people to vote and getting them to the polls does.

Fancy that...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 04:35 pm
I can understand that, PD. A lot of problems with registering folks here in Florida. Fancy that. <smile>
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:05 pm
Letty, I can just see it ... major De Ja Vue! Are we going to be the laughing stock of the world again? You bet, I'm sure of it:)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:16 pm
Well, Misti. We have been true. And in between there's me; there's you.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:26 pm
Oh Letty, our poetess and queen of the song du jour!

I just wish I wasn't associated with "people who don't know s .. t about voting:)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2004 08:37 pm
Crying or Very sad I know, Misti. Can you believe that my son was asking me how to vote tonight? Sweet man, as if I could tell him.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 07:00 pm
Letty, we can't tell anyone how to vote, but we can educate them on our own perspectives, and they can take it or leave it.

How is your son doing Letty?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 07:32 pm
Misti, He sent me eight glasses of lead crystal and a picture holding the last of the litter, Admiral Byrd. That dog is 117 in doggie years. Dave's handsome face had the look that I remember, one of perplexity but with a touch of grace.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 07:46 pm
Awwwwwwww Letty, it sounds like your son is doing okay, I am so glad for you!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2004 10:48 pm
Letty
Letty, sounds like good news. I'm so happy for you.

BBB
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2004 09:06 am
There was an a2k gathering in Austin last week end? Waaaaaaa!! How did I not know that? <Pout>
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:15 pm
Hey sweet Frank--I'm a little slow about getting back to a2k, but it is wonderful to see your handsome face again. You can't realize how worried we all were---seeing you on the pavement was not part of the game plan, although Bernie did get a lot of play out of slapping you. Did you realize that your eyes swam around as if you had entered a parallel universe?

I was quite impressed that the emt and the cop weren't at all impressed with all of us telling them how much pot you had smoked (even though they were taking notes). New Yorkers are sooo blase about minor misdemeanors--even adult mis---well, they were good sports.

Osso, you guessed my intentions...Jean Claude was as wonderful as he was when we met Roberta at the same restaurant last year. I sat there in a state of euphoria as he listed all the wines in his exqusite accent. Jean Claude, ah, Jean Claude. Oh, and the other men we met like Joe Nation and the flighty Frank were impressive--well worth the trip to New York. Next time, we should all try to make it a buddy system when going outside for a smoke or for fresh air. Next time, I want to meet the wives of these marathon men!

Joe, I didn't get a goodbye hug--you just disappeared. Where did you go? When did you go?

It is clear that this needs to be done again with a little editing to remove the sidewalk scene. Next year OK?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 11:20 pm
Hey, Diane, are you going to meet up with the fabulous Roberta? Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 12:14 am
Diane did, Msolga, she and I met Roberta at the same restaurant... the restaurant was Robbie's idea in the first place.. She and I and R met in '03.

But surely we need to remeet and add some folks.
0 Replies