Paul Johnson: Quite simply, Kerry must be stopped

McGentrix

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:02 pm
Thanks Cycloptichorn. You have given me further insight into the mind of the left.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:04 pm
Cycloptichorn:

I remember your succinct post on why we are all so terribly concerned regarding the oil in the Middle East, and why we are currently in Iraq. The image of Saddam shaking Rummy's hand only confirms our policy of securing the oil at all costs, even if it means looking the other way while Saddam killed his own people using weapons that we sold him.

This reality isn't even a blip on a neoconservative's radar screen.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:05 pm
I would like you to expound upon your statment, McG.

In specific, which part of 'the mind of the left' is inaccurate in any way?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:06 pm
Quote:
Thanks Cycloptichorn. You have given me further insight into the mind of the left.

I believe it is the further mindset of the dangerous pricks who are running this country right now.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:10 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

It's not like we didn't know Saddam was bad when we sold him weapons and chemicals in the 80's.... many of the 'most experienced, smartest, shrewdest' leaders that you point to were proponents of Saddam just 20 years ago, WHILE he was gassing and killing all the people that we now condemn him for.

The picture highlights the inconsistencies in what your ' most experienced, smartest, shrewdest' leaders have done over the years.

Cycloptichorn

The kinds of contradictory policies you mention got us through the cold war without any sort of a nuclear holocaust. Any process like that leaves mess and debris to be picked up later, which is what the present administration is doing. This is after an eight year leave of absence from the world stage, during which the American presidency was hijacked by a collection of psychopaths headed by a narciissistic Don Giovanni wannabee, and nothing got done.

The basic reality is that four years has not been quite sufficient to repair the damage; another four should be.

Also in the area of basic realities, we've ultimately got to either get rid of the democrat party or relegate it to some third-party obscurity, or split the country up.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:11 pm
What the hell are you talking about?

Your post had nothing to do with mine, why did you quote me?

You should probably stick to posting multiple links in multiple threads, conspiracy theories, religious crackpottery and the such. Leave the politics to people who aren't crazy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:19 pm
I'm positive Gungasnake is smoking something...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:20 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
What the hell are you talking about?

Your post had nothing to do with mine, why did you quote me?

Cycloptichorn

You and I were both talking about policies which are meant to resolve an immediate problem which is sufficiently serious to justify leaving mess to clean up later, and this includes things like our entire policy towards the middle east since 45, our supporting the mujahedeen against the CCCP, our support for Hussein against the Mullahs who have ruled Iran since 79 due to the criminally inept policies if Jimmy Carter, etc. etc.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:22 pm
What you fail to mention is that we KNEW about the atrocities that Hussein was committing. Without a doubt. And yet we still supported them. The same people who today condemn Saddam for the same atrocities. It doesn't make any sense.

I suppose your point is that atrocities are okay, as long as the person committing them is siding with the US?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:28 pm
What was the alternative and what would the results have been?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 01:34 pm
Well, I'm sure there was some alternative other than the gassing of thousands of people, aren't you? It's not like we were in the dark about it, yet because they were fighting our enemies (Communism) they get a free pass on atrocities, and hell, we'll even let American companies sell them the chemicals to do it? We'll go shake hands with the murder?

Stop being an apologist, McG...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:27 pm
.... speaking of being an apologist ....

Can someone explain to me why it is that liberals constantly point to what they view are transgressions of the US from the past, instead of focusing on the actions of the terrorists and terrorist supporters in the now? Instead of blaming Saddam for the atrocities, they want to spin the blame around on the US.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:31 pm
I think that the 'liberals' bring these things up whenever the 'conservatives' start wallowing in self-righteous indignation.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:34 pm
Speaking of self righteous indignation, how is it that when Saddam kills thousands of his own people it is consider an atrocity, but when WE kill thousands of innocent Iraqis, it's known as collateral damage and well worth the cause (whatever the hell that cause may be)?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:37 pm
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is the fact that Saddam was intending to kill thousands of his own innocents.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:39 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Well, I'm sure there was some alternative other than the gassing of thousands of people, aren't you? It's not like we were in the dark about it, yet because they were fighting our enemies (Communism) they get a free pass on atrocities, and hell, we'll even let American companies sell them the chemicals to do it? We'll go shake hands with the murder?

Stop being an apologist, McG...

Cycloptichorn

Why would our government sell weapons to someone like Saddam? Have you looked into the reasons?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:40 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Speaking of self righteous indignation, how is it that when Saddam kills thousands of his own people it is consider an atrocity, but when WE kill thousands of innocent Iraqis, it's known as collateral damage and well worth the cause (whatever the hell that cause may be)?

I may be missing something, but the first time I ever heard the term "collateral damage" was four or five years ago when Clinton and Wesley Clark were bombing targets in Serbia which were totally unrelated to any military objectives.

Can I assume that was cool with all you lefties or was Clinton also guilty of some sort of a thought crime in that regard?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:45 pm
Certainly it was okay. That was for "humanitarian" reasons. Rolling Eyes

Edit: Sorry ... I shouldn't have responded ... not a leftie. :wink:
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:46 pm
Why would the US look the other way when Saddam gassed his own people using weapons we sold him?

Here's a substantive link on what was happening back in '83:

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 03:13 pm
Are you saying the US sold chemical weapons to Iraq?
0 Replies