Paul Johnson: Quite simply, Kerry must be stopped

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 02:28 pm
Lash wrote:
You have an itinerary of everyone Lay met with, vacationed with, eveyone who used his jet...? Don't think so.

Oh good lord. It's common knowledge that Ken Lay loaned his corporate jet to Bush during the 2000 campaign. If you mean to tell me that he loaned it to Al Gore too, by all means do demonstrate.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 02:32 pm
FreeDuck-- We know he loaned a jet to Bush. That doesn't mean they screwed, or compared notes on swindling investers... It really doesn't mean anything.

Lay spread money and stuff around, trying to buy some influence. When he tried to call in a favor of Bush--Bush said No. He got no special treatment.

We know he "contributed" to Dems and Repubs. We DON'T know if he called in a favor of one of them, and got a better response--before OR after the Enron imbroglio.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 02:35 pm
Lash wrote:
FreeDuck-- We know he loaned a jet to Bush. That doesn't mean they screwed, or compared notes on swindling investers... It really doesn't mean anything.

Lay spread money and stuff around, trying to buy some influence. When he tried to call in a favor of Bush--Bush said No. He got no special treatment.

We know he "contributed" to Dems and Repubs. We DON'T know if he called in a favor of one of them, and got a better response--before OR after the Enron imbroglio.

I don't actually care about this subject at all. It's pretty clear that everyone with money to spread around contributes to both sides so that their bases are covered in case their preferred side loses. It's also pretty clear who Ken Lay's preferred side was. What this means about George? Nothing we didn't already know.

...and now for something completely different. The LARCH!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 02:40 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Thanks for adding that Frank, it's adds so much to the conversation. I had almost forgotten that you think Bush is a moron.

Hey, no problem, McG...I have problems with remembering occasionally myself.

Glad you liked it.

In fact, out of friendship, allow me to repeat it:

George Bush is an incompetent moron...and his adminsitration has been a disaster for our country and the world.

We need regime change in the United States...and George Bush, quite simply, must go.

Laughing
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 04:06 pm
Joe Republican wrote:
Gunga, I'm personally getting sick of all the propaganda you're posting.

Yes it is Propaganda!!! Look at the source at the bottom of the page, http://www.nationalreview.com/ IT'S PROPAGANDA!!!!

It's also true. Pat Buchannon uses the tem "political windsurfer" in describing Kerry; a Kerry presidency would be a disaster which there isn't enough luck in the universe for us to recover from.

Voting for Kerry is basically an irresponsible act.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 05:05 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Joe Republican wrote:

Yes it is Propaganda!!! Look at the source at the bottom of the page, http://www.nationalreview.com/ IT'S PROPAGANDA!!!!

It's also true. Pat Buchannon uses the tem "political windsurfer" in describing Kerry; a Kerry presidency would be a disaster which there isn't enough luck in the universe for us to recover from.

Voting for the moron, George ADumbyaOL Bush, the most ignorant president in American history and leader of the most incompetent administration...is damn near treason.

Hey...it is a free country...and if you want to give these incompetents more time to screw up this country and the world...you certainly are entitled to do so.

But don't mind if I do a belly laugh over your notion that a person would be irresponsible to vote for Kerry because he might precipitate a disaster...but you advocate voting for a man who already has been a disaster.

Egad! With reasoning like that...no wonder you are conservative and voting for the moron.

It figures!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 06:21 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
gungasnake wrote:
Joe Republican wrote:

Voting for the moron, George ADumbyaOL Bush, the most ignorant president in American history and leader of the most incompetent administration...is damn near treason.

Hey...it is a free country...and if you want to give these incompetents more time to screw up this country and the world...you certainly are entitled to do so.

But don't mind if I do a belly laugh over your notion that a person would be irresponsible to vote for Kerry because he might precipitate a disaster...but you advocate voting for a man who already has been a disaster.

Egad! With reasoning like that...no wonder you are conservative and voting for the moron.

It figures!

I forgot how tough Clinton was on terrorism, North Korea and Iraq. Not to mention he made the world a much better place with his taking money from China and other such places. I forgot he was the man of the hr. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 12:15 am
McGentrix wrote:
Thanks for adding that Frank, it's adds so much to the conversation. I had almost forgotten that you think Bush is a moron.

Frank is right of course. GWB and his administration are the worst disaster ever to have befallen America.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 01:33 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
George ADumbyaOL Bush

Care to explain what the A and the OL signifies? Just wondering.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 07:01 am
Einherjar wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
George ADumbyaOL Bush

Care to explain what the A and the OL signifies? Just wondering.

Think AWOL!
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:52 am
ADOL = AWOL. Got it.

<would begin to think something is really remiss if we didn't get Frank's daily dose of "Bush is a moron, etc.>
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 08:58 am
Dumbya = W

Frank is a sly one I tell ya! :wink:
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 09:16 am
'Frank is right of course. GWB and his administration are the worst disaster ever to have befallen America.'

hmmm...I would think the stock market crash of 1929, WWI, WWII, Vietnam...9/11.......were MUCH bigger 'disasters to befallen America'....

I hope Clinton giving technology to NK doesn't make it on our list of 'worst disasters...'

If GW Bush is the 'worst disaster'....then we should all be OK.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 10:52 am
neue regel wrote:
'Frank is right of course. GWB and his administration are the worst disaster ever to have befallen America.'

hmmm...I would think the stock market crash of 1929, WWI, WWII, Vietnam...9/11.......were MUCH bigger 'disasters to befallen America'....

I hope Clinton giving technology to NK doesn't make it on our list of 'worst disasters...'

If GW Bush is the 'worst disaster'....then we should all be OK.

I disagree. GWB has dragged the country to the lowest point in its history in terms of its morality and its disregard of ecological restraints and observance of international law. He has murdered tens of thousands of innocent people in an illegal war, and lied to justify it.

Despite all the smug selfrighteousness you will see here, the USA has now reached its lowest point in terms of its standing internationally, thanks largely to our boy.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:02 am
I agree with McTag.

The erosion of American morals has reached the breaking point. I'm not talking about same-sex marriage, or abortion, or anything trivial like that; I'm talking about our morals as a nation. We emphasize greed above all other values; We refuse to help with world-wide problems; we set ourselves above everyone else as if we are better.

Tell me, if you knew someone who acted personally the way America acts as a nation, would you like them? I think not, they wouldn't be a very nice person, after all....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 11:39 am
You guys are entitled to your opinions. I think your opinions are wrong though.

Cycloptichorn, you discuss the erosion of America's morals, yet in the same breath you decry the ban on homosexual marriage. That is a moral issue and not a small one, as is abortion.

We don't emphasize greed, we emphasize freedom. We emphasize prosperity. I have no idea where you get the notion that we "refuse to help with world-wide problems; we set ourselves above everyone else as if we are better. " That's just a steaming load of BS.

McTag is from Britain, I can understand his bewilderment. You have no excuse however.
0 Replies

neue regel

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 12:15 pm
'now reached its lowest point in terms of its standing internationally'

hmmm...well....I'm not really sure what to say here. I guess I should feel bad that we as a country are doing what we see fit to protect our national security? Sorry...but I don't.

So I apologize to all who don't like what we are doing. We will try and forget just how much you don't like us the minute you need something....like protection from an invading country or disaster aid.
0 Replies

jdr56789

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 12:23 pm
Kerry's statement to Congress
I just finished a terriffic class called American History Since the 60's. In it I had the chance to read the full text of Kerry's statement before Congress. I don't believe anyone could read his statement and still vote for him for President/Commander in Chief. The highly publicized beginning in which Kerry lists war crimes and atrocities is the tip of the iceberg. He basically proceeds to glorify the enemy while ranting about the evils being perpetrated by the US.

If Osama bin Laden or Ho Chi Minh or Kim Il Jung or Yassir Arafat or ... could vote, who do you think they would vote for???
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 12:26 pm
Not sure if I welcomed you guys to A2K, but glad to have ya aboard!
0 Replies

owl

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 12:36 pm
There were 200,000 people demonstrating against the RNC when it selected Bush. This must be a record. Those of us that dislike the policies of Bush are many. What kind of numbers can you pro Bush people come up with to support your cause?
0 Replies