The "When will Donald Trump leave office in disgrace?" Pool

MontereyJack

Tue 17 Jan, 2017 02:30 pm
@Frugal1,
Trump will enter the presdency already disgraceful as Obama leaves with far higher honor, 1-19-17.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 17 Jan, 2017 02:35 pm
@oralloy,
Haven't heard anybody use "kooky" in 30 years. Hillary was the voters' choice.

0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 17 Jan, 2017 11:08 pm
@JoannaWood,
Good luck kid. I hope you can put up with the vitriolic critics here. Especially if you are a liberal.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Wed 18 Jan, 2017 12:26 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
Thank you for your service and yes I am surprised. I'm for a President who will strengthen the military not weaken it.

Thank you for your service as well, Gooey.
As a veteran you are for a stronger military?
Stronger than what? How do you decide when our military is strong enough?
The US military has expanded and contracted many times over the years based on need. I agree it's foolish to have a military force that's not strong enough to meet our nation's objectives. It's also foolish to keep a force that's too strong. It's wasteful. You have a lot of guys sitting around doing busy work and getting into trouble. Even the Romans 2000 years ago understood this.
Now how exactly are you privy to the knowledge of how strong our military needs to be at any given time? Do work in the Pentagon? If so, should you be sharing this sensitive information?
I'm betting you don't work in the Pentagon. So you have no clue (neither do I) as to how strong our military needs to be.
You think it should be increased nonetheless. By how much? 20% per year? 50% ? 200% ? When will you be happy with the strength of our military? Should we maintain a standing army at the level it was during WWII ?
Leave it to the joint chiefs of staff, will you?
TomTomBinks

Wed 18 Jan, 2017 12:28 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Fuggl oesnt red anything. He just posts what his apparatchik tell him

I think I'll take him off ignore. I'm reading his posts anyway!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 18 Jan, 2017 01:26 pm
@stickystan,
You might not be quite so "sticky" if you stopped pleasuring yourself with these fantasies.
RABEL222

Wed 18 Jan, 2017 10:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
fantasies.

Fantasies? What fantasies?
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 03:51 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

Quote:
Thank you for your service and yes I am surprised. I'm for a President who will strengthen the military not weaken it.

Thank you for your service as well, Gooey.
As a veteran you are for a stronger military?
Stronger than what? How do you decide when our military is strong enough?
The US military has expanded and contracted many times over the years based on need. I agree it's foolish to have a military force that's not strong enough to meet our nation's objectives. It's also foolish to keep a force that's too strong. It's wasteful. You have a lot of guys sitting around doing busy work and getting into trouble. Even the Romans 2000 years ago understood this.
Now how exactly are you privy to the knowledge of how strong our military needs to be at any given time? Do work in the Pentagon? If so, should you be sharing this sensitive information?
I'm betting you don't work in the Pentagon. So you have no clue (neither do I) as to how strong our military needs to be.
You think it should be increased nonetheless. By how much? 20% per year? 50% ? 200% ? When will you be happy with the strength of our military? Should we maintain a standing army at the level it was during WWII ?
Leave it to the joint chiefs of staff, will you?

I'm sorry but I am barred from disclosing what agency of the federal government I work for. I don't ever want to be accused of speaking for the agency. But I don't have to work in the Pentagon to know that our military is depleted and in my opinion in shambles.

How strong should it be? The answer is simple. Strong enough to put fear into the hearts and minds of our enemies. Strong enough to be any 2 hotspots any where in the world, in force, in just a few days. Strong enough to have up to date technology and material and the best and brightest personnel.

Wastefull? You'd like a cost benefit analysis? Because I have to tell you it would do nothing to strengthen you position. Sitting around doing nothing? Just imagine if we applied that attitude to fire departments and EMS.

If I had my way there would be a mandatory 30 month tour peace time draft with a 4 year ready reserve commitment...For every one would reaches their 18th birthday.
giujohn

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 04:17 pm
             http://livehdwallpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Proud-To-Be-An-American-Pictures-Photos.jpg

I'll be back after the Inauguration...C-ya.
wmwcjr

Thu 19 Jan, 2017 11:56 pm
@giujohn,
Don't drink too much. Smile
TomTomBinks

Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:10 am
@giujohn,
Having an all-volunteer military is why we have the best in the world. Only those who want to serve are there.
0 Replies

Angelgz2

Fri 20 Jan, 2017 02:56 pm
@stickystan,
The day when the Media stops twisting everything into their left-winged propaganda causing America to become an increasingly divisive nation. People are worried about WWIII, I say there'll be another civil war long before WWIII if this continues. In a way left-wingers are part of the reasons why Trump won.
layman

Fri 20 Jan, 2017 02:58 pm
@Angelgz2,
Angelgz2 wrote:

In a way left-wingers are part of the reasons why Trump won.

Yeah, in a BIG-ASS way, eh?
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 20 Jan, 2017 06:40 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

Don't drink too much. Smile

I only drink Vodka martinis... And as you may know martinis are like breasts on a woman... one is not enough and three is too many🍸
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:21 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
If I had my way there would be a mandatory 30 month tour peace time draft with a 4 year ready reserve commitment...For every one would reaches their 18th birthday.

So with nearly 4 million people turning 18 every year, and assuming 75% of them would be fit for service, that's 3 million new soldiers a year. With a 30 month tour we would end up with 7.5 million active military, not counting career soldiers. So add another 10% to that and you have 8.25 million in the military. 4 years of reserve service would put the reserve number at 13.2 million (including career soldiers). We currently have 1.4 million active duty military, so your talking 6 times that.
You know, soldiers have to be trained, housed, fed, equipped and paid. The military, while providing protection and security, doesn't actually produce anything. It is an expense that doesn't pay off unless there's a war.
Where do you suppose the money to pay for this grand army would come from?
giujohn

Sat 21 Jan, 2017 05:41 pm
@TomTomBinks,
That's where you are wrong. First I think the 75% is too low. Second deterrence by our strength is cheaper than the cost of war in $ AND lives.

Find the $?? By cutting back all wastefull spending and entitlements, and reducing bloated gov. Agencies and ending those that are unnecessary like Dept of energy, education, commerce, labor, SBA, AND IRS.
TomTomBinks

Sat 21 Jan, 2017 05:51 pm
@giujohn,
The 75% is a conservative estimate. (for your benefit). Deterrence by show of force is fine, but eventually someone will call the bluff.
Do you think today's military isn't ready for any challenge they're presented? I say they are ready, willing and able to defeat any enemy. The USA has the best, smartest, best trained and equipped, self disciplined, healthiest and most capable and enthusiastic military the world has ever seen.
TomTomBinks

Sat 21 Jan, 2017 05:54 pm
@TomTomBinks,

Read this if you're interested.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Sat 21 Jan, 2017 06:00 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Find the $?? By cutting back all wastefull spending and entitlements, and reducing bloated gov. Agencies and ending those that are unnecessary like Dept of energy, education, commerce, labor, SBA, AND IRS.

You're a Confederate, Gooey. And you guys lost. You want each state to be an independent country with little or no need for a strong central government. That might have been OK in the 19th century, but those days are long gone. We are one nation, the United States, not the Loosely Associated States. We need to be homogenous so we can act as a single entity. There's no room at the international table for Colorado. Colorado by itself doesn't matter or make a difference. Our strength in the world depends on our unity. We have to compete with big nations. Outcompeting Laos or Sierra Leone just won't cut it.
TomTomBinks

Sat 21 Jan, 2017 06:03 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Maybe we should be considering eliminating State agencies to prevent redundancy. Why have 50 depts. of education when we can have 1? Why 50 separate health depts.? If you want efficiency this is the way to go.