The "When will Donald Trump leave office in disgrace?" Pool

oralloy

Fri 21 Jul, 2017 07:46 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Trump's presidency continues to lurch from one crisis to another, even his lawyers can't agree with one another.

Quote:
The spokesman for US President Donald Trump's personal legal team has resigned, media reports say.
Mark Corallo was a spokesman for Marc Kasowitz, who is defending Mr Trump in an inquiry into alleged Russian meddling in last year's election.
Reports said that Mr Corallo disagreed with the alleged strategy of Mr Trump's lawyers to discredit or limit the team directing the investigation.
There has been no comment from him or the Trump team.
Mr Corallo is close to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading the Russia investigation, and has praised him publicly, Politico website reports.
He had grown frustrated with the operation of the legal team and the warring factions and lawyers, the report adds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40678397

I don't perceive the crisis. If this spokesperson is willing to leave merely because Trump is considering putting an end to this witch hunt, then Trump is much better off with the guy gone.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 21 Jul, 2017 07:47 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Of course you are making excuses for Putin.

Insisting that someone be treated fairly is not making excuses for him.

Blickers wrote:
He invades Georgia, he invades Ukraine because they had the nerve to try to join the EU, and you say, "Well, those countries USED to be part of the Soviet Union, and I think it's very unfair to criticize Putin as being expansionist until he takes over countries that weren't part of the Soviet Union at one time."

I strongly opposed both invasions when they occurred. I do not remember you standing by my side helping me oppose them.

What I said is that it is unfair to accuse Putin of wanting to take over the entire world the way the Communists did. I do not object to the use of the term "expansionist" so long as we keep in mind that Putin has only indicated a desire to expand into areas of the former USSR that have a large population of ethnic Russians.

Blickers wrote:
I don't even think official paid Kremlin publicists would dare to try that one,

Actually when people treat Russia unfairly they are quick to denounce it. Their propagandists use denunciations of genuinely unfair treatment to foster the illusion that all criticism of Russia is unfair. The result is that actual fair criticism of Russia gets undermined when you treat Russia unfairly.

Blickers wrote:
yet here you are, complaining that the real victim in these Russian invasions is Vladimir Putin.

No. The real victims in the invasions are the countries that were invaded.

Vladimir Putin is the real victim in your messageboard posts that falsely accuse him of things that he has not done and has not indicated any desire to do.
Lash

Fri 21 Jul, 2017 10:12 am
Goddammit.

My bet was impeachment, but I think Trump might quit.

The lawyers quit; Spicey just quit.

There's a trend.
oralloy

Fri 21 Jul, 2017 10:27 am
@Lash,
Trump will be president for the full eight years.

The Republicans will hold the White House for twenty years.

Even after twenty years the Democrats will not return to power until their moderates purge the extremists from their party.
Lash

Fri 21 Jul, 2017 11:08 am
I hope Spicey writes a tell all. He'd make millions.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 21 Jul, 2017 12:32 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Trump will be president for the full eight years.

The pure entertainment value of that, were it to be ultimately factual, would be monstrous. Ya cant make this **** up.
0 Replies

MKABRSTI

Fri 21 Jul, 2017 06:41 pm
@layman,
https://youtu.be/uy7Gr4SUHuY

This video is what the left commies will never understand I really think this guy should get an award handed to him by Donald Trump himself for having the most Patriotic video on the web. The left is committing treason by slamming Trump Its actually a prisonable offenses to slander someone regardless and with Trump as our President is so much more extreme I heard that people who have been slamming Trump will be rounded up cuffed up and thrown inside and that's going to start happening in the near future.
camlok

Fri 21 Jul, 2017 07:07 pm
@MKABRSTI,
You sound just like one of the vicious right wing dictators that the US has installed in countries all over the world.
MKABRSTI

Fri 21 Jul, 2017 07:48 pm
@camlok,
You sound like one of those Trolls who has nothing better to do than to go online & insult others hence that's typically a derivative of which your life sucks.
0 Replies

Blickers

Fri 21 Jul, 2017 09:02 pm
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
Vladimir Putin is the real victim in your messageboard posts that falsely accuse him of things that he has not done and has not indicated any desire to do.

Putin as victim. What a novel thought.

Putin has said he wants NATO away from Russia's borders. In point of fact, before Putin invaded Ukraine there were no NATO troops in countries that border Russia, we did not want to provoke the Russians who seemed to accept that it's former captive nations were now NATO nations. When Ukraine was invaded, we changed that.

You seem to give Russia carte blanche to invade any country with ethnic Russians in it, and that's a lot of countries. Plus the fact that Russians consider themselves ethnic Serbs, so that increases Russia's potential reach even more.

Saying we have no right to worry or prevent Putin from being in a position to march back into Eastern Europe is just ridiculous. Russia's economy is shrinking, it has half the population of the US and one eighth our GDP. Yet Trump seems to be ready to accept it as an equal on the world stage, and let it win the Cold War.
oralloy

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 07:23 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Putin as victim. What a novel thought.

When you make untrue accusations against Putin, that is unfair to him.

Blickers wrote:
Putin has said he wants NATO away from Russia's borders. In point of fact, before Putin invaded Ukraine there were no NATO troops in countries that border Russia, we did not want to provoke the Russians who seemed to accept that it's former captive nations were now NATO nations. When Ukraine was invaded, we changed that.

I remember. It was one of two possible courses of action that I had been strenuously advocating long before the West decided to actually do it.

I had been terrified that Putin would invade the Baltic NATO states (part of the former USSR and with a large population of ethnic Russians) and we would end up in a nuclear war with Russia. Putting NATO forces in the Baltics makes it very unlikely that Putin will risk such an invasion, so the possibility of this nuclear war is now greatly reduced.

It is always gratifying to see the world do exactly what I recommend as the best course of action.

Blickers wrote:
You seem to give Russia carte blanche to invade any country with ethnic Russians in it, and that's a lot of countries.

Not at all. I was one of the few people here who strongly opposed both invasions.

The only thing that I am defending Putin from is the untrue and unfair accusation that he is trying to conquer the entire world.

Blickers wrote:
Plus the fact that Russians consider themselves ethnic Serbs, so that increases Russia's potential reach even more.

Speaking of the Serbs, NATO really blew it when they took Kosovo away from the Serbs. Doing so really undermined our moral authority when we later denounced Putin's invasions.

Blickers wrote:
Saying we have no right to worry or prevent Putin from being in a position to march back into Eastern Europe is just ridiculous.

I'm not denying anyone's right to worry about or prepare for the possibility. But it isn't fair to accuse Putin of actually planning to do so without some sort of evidence that he actually is.

By the way, there are people who make some neat gag videos on YouTube that are pretend BBC breaking news broadcasts of Putin launching just such an invasion. The idea is that you download the video in high definition and play the clip back on TV, letting people think that a nuclear war is starting (great for April 1st).

Blickers wrote:
Russia's economy is shrinking, it has half the population of the US and one eighth our GDP. Yet Trump seems to be ready to accept it as an equal on the world stage, and let it win the Cold War.

If Trump chooses to mend relations with Russia, that is his right as a world leader.
camlok

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 11:51 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
When you make untrue accusations against Putin, that is unfair to him.

That's the number one US dog and pony show and gullible Americans, of which there are hundreds of millions, eat it up. Blickers and you are dandy examples of the depth of US brainwashing. Though you are hardly the only ones.
oralloy

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 01:47 pm
@camlok,
The problem with responding to you is, whenever I provide you with facts, all you give in response is name-calling.

Maybe if I just wanted to blow off steam with mindless name-calling of my own, I'd enjoy getting in a shouting match with you. But bouts of name-calling aren't really what I am interested in.
camlok

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 02:18 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy doesn't do facts. You are just like every other American frightened by the facts/the truth.
oralloy

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 02:23 pm
@camlok,
Denying the facts that I post doesn't make them become untrue.
camlok

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 02:24 pm
@oralloy,
You operate on delusions of grandeur, with no supporting basis and alt-right facts.
oralloy

Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:59 pm
@camlok,
Lying about me will not make the truth go away.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 03:55 pm
@oralloy,
Quote Blickers:
Quote:
Saying we have no right to worry or prevent Putin from being in a position to march back into Eastern Europe is just ridiculous.

Quote oralloy:
Quote:
I'm not denying anyone's right to worry about or prepare for the possibility. But it isn't fair to accuse Putin of actually planning to do so without some sort of evidence that he actually is.

Putin invaded two nations that used to be part of Russia, Georgia and Ukraine, which were not part of NATO.

The nations that were captive, "iron curtain" nations like Czechoslovakia and Estonia joined NATO for protection from Russia. Ukraine and Georgia were not part of NATO-but they are right next to NATO countries. Putin has said repeatedly that he wants NATO away from his borders. Therefore, NATO has no choice but to consider Putin's invasion of Ukraine and Georgia as a testing ground to show how we will react to Russian expansionism in Europe and the Black Sea region. Trump's labelling of NATO as "obsolete" can only serve to encourage Putin's totalitarian expansionist ambitions.

Quote oralloy:
Quote:
If Trump chooses to mend relations with Russia, that is his right as a world leader.

Not if the mending is a payoff to Russia in return for Putin's not revealing all the money laundering Trump's been part of on Russia's behalf all these years. That's illegal.

layman

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 04:22 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Not if the mending is a payoff to Russia in return for Putin's not revealing all the money laundering Trump's been part of on Russia's behalf all these years. That's illegal.

Money laundering aint nuthin. Aincha heard? For decades now, Trump has been going to a russian shooting range. He pays $1,000 per head for them to bring in some derelicts off the streets so that he can gun them down. He's says it more fun than shooting elephants. He doesn't want any fancy-ass assault rifles. He likes using a sawed-off shotgun, from a distance of about 18". At last count, he had smoked at least 1,500 Ruskies, just for practice, ya know? Blowed their sorry heads clean the **** OFF, I tellzya!

Ya heard it here first. Now you can broadcast it daily, eh, Blicky?
Blickers

Sun 23 Jul, 2017 09:26 pm
@layman,
Uh-huh. That's why the independent counsel is loading up his team with experienced investigators in the money laundering field. That's why Trump has been screaming like a stuck pig for a year that he WILL NOT release his tax returns, which will present a pathway to investigation about where his money has been coming from. That's why, now that Mueller is focusing on the money laundering aspect, Trump is trying to maneuver Sessions out of the Department of Justice so he can hire someone who will get rid of Mueller.

But hey, there's nothing to any of this money laundering at all, is there?