"Survivor Amazon" -- Mars vs. Venus

LarryBS

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 02:34 am
I predict that tonight it will be either Shawna the Whiner, or Roger the BigOTT who will be banished forever from SurvivorLand.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 06:41 am
Larry, I don't think Shawna will be going anywhere. She's part of an alliance led by the woman whose name I can't remember. If she didn't go last week, I doubt that they would dump her this week.

Last week, the men were impressive. I wonder if they'll be able to sustain their momentum. If the men lose the immunity challenge, I think the jerky guy who sings in his basement will be the one to go. If the women lose, I think one of the older women will be voted off (sorry, I dont' remember anyone's name).
0 Replies

muerte

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 07:37 am
Shawna is toast. If you've watched the show from the beginning, there is an unmistakable pattern at work: get sick in one week, get botted in the next. It's too easy on people's collective conscience not to boot the sick ones off, even they are well-liked.

Also, look for a change in the composition of the tribes. That's why Dave and Jenna are sent off together. If you look at the preview video closely, you can see one of the men (maybe Matthew) behind Deena rowing the canoe in what looks like a challenge.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 08:14 am
They've got to do something different this time when merging the tribes. Last time they brought them all together and didn't tell them they were not yet merged.

This time, I wonder if they will go for a new idea - like redistributing the tribe members before merging the remaining two separate tribes. They should do a challenge that each tribe member has to win individually so that they REMAIN with their current tribe ... you lose your challenge, you go to the other tribe. Then there could be a mixing of sexes on the two tribes so that their previous allegiances are watered down. Then, when enough people have been voted off, they finally merge into one tribe.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 08:15 am
And if Shawna doesn't pull up her socks, they will vote her off next and replace her with Christy (who they are already looking at).
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 09:18 am
What you folks think? The quality of this Suvivor is not up to past shows?
0 Replies

muerte

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 11:17 am
I actually liike this season better than the last three. The tribal dynamic has been pretty interesting so far and I really am looking forward to some sort of merge or shuffle. I've been watching from the beginning and would rank them this way:

1. First season
2. The Outback (but a very close second)
3. The Amazon
4. Marqueses
5. Thailand
6. Africa (a very dead last)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 01:46 pm
Good grief! There've been six of those?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 08:41 pm
That was pretty good!

Except that now Christy is doomed. Sad If they win all the immunity challenges until the merger, maybe. Otherwise, doomed.

It was nice to see someone exhibiting some human decency. And cool that they saw her strengths, going for Jeanne before her.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 09:42 pm
That was pretty good, except I dislike that blonde (that turned on Jeannie) more and more every week. So much for my predictions. Maybe the men will give Christy her due and vote off the blonde first.
0 Replies

muerte

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 09:58 pm
Tough to see that one coming...should've guessed that Shawna would have perked up with some guys around though.

Called the change up in the tribes pretty good though.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 10:21 pm
heeven predicted a shuffle though - good job heeven.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 10:23 pm
Yup, you were right about the changeup, muerte and Heeven. That was pretty cool.

Larry, totally on the blonde. She's fairly strong, I think, but doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb in the chandelier. The rest of 'em seem brainy enough that she might start to grate on them. Maybe. Confused
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 10:46 pm
Nice to see you back, sozobe! That blonde got on my nerves last week or week before with her bragging about how young and pretty she is. Its funny to see people rationalize their lies on national tv because its "just a game."
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 11:01 pm
The young guy is quite shrewd. Isn't he the rocket scientist? But he may be in trouble when the tribes merge. He's too strong. We'll see.

I found it interesting that the men accommodated Christie and provided light at night. I don't like Heidi either.

All in all, an interesting turn of events.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 10:24 am
Well Muerte and I guessed right - yay!

I nearly barfed when I saw Shawna bounce up to meet the guys - what a dink! I hope they see her true colors soon!

The feeling is that Christy will be next voted off if that tribe loses the next immunity challenge.
I hope that is not the case and that Butch makes an alliance move towards Christy and Roger to vote against Heidi (because we now know she is not reliable where her word is concerned). They, of course, would have to leave Dave out of it because he is sweet for Heidi and will want her to stay (and they call him a Rocket Scientist!) OR they could vote for Dave and then Heidi could be in a precarious position. I don't think the older guys are as vulnerable to the young ladies charms.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 12:21 pm
Heidi has to go, and Shawna..jeesh..miraculous recovery..da dah..yikes!
Was fabulous to see the new tribe actually communicated with Christy, I hope they rid themselves of Heidi before her, certainly.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 04:39 am
I sure hope they keep Christy and can Heidi, even if its only for another week.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 01:52 am
REMINDER: Survivor is on Wednesday night, tonight, at 8:00 and next Wednesday also, because of the NCAA Basketball tournament. Its not on Thursday for the next two weeks.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 08:28 am
Larry, I didn't know!!! Yikes, I could have missed it! Thanks for the heads-up.
0 Replies