"Survivor Amazon" -- Mars vs. Venus

Roberta

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 09:56 pm
Sozobe, You called it. Demographically speaking, Jenna was the one to win. I watched some but not all of the reunion. I found it kind of dull. The only startling revelation came when Jeff announced that Heidi's IQ was higher than anyone else's, including the rocket scientist. She said she decided to play dumb. I don't buy it.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 07:08 am
Yeah, the Heidi IQ thing..okay, perhaps she doesnt have common sence, street smarts, or relationship expertise...doesnt make her dumb. An IQ is all in how you use it Smile

This morning was interesting, just on my way out the door they were having people call in to ask questions of Jenna and Matt....seems they both wont talk about the possibility of a relationship between them at the moment but that they spent a great deal of time together and have become very close and dearest friends....ah the drama continues.

Also Jenna said that she did help out at camp, even during the last build post-fire she assisted in building the roof...guess that tells us how much is edited.

I liked that in the end in general, they were most all able to accept and admit their faults and still just thought it was a great time. Funny they all thought Rob would win if given the chance.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 07:37 am
Heidi was brilliant to hide her uncommonly big brain from the others!!! That would just be too much for them to withstand, coupled with her dazzling athleticism!!!! Shocked

I can't believe she actually said that! I loved the older woman's comment: I wasn't hung up on the younger women's bodies, I was too busy working.

sozobe sooo nailed it. I would have never guessed Jenna could win.
I thought Rob was a really sore loser, voting against Matt. Actually, I couldn't believe Christy! I think she let Heidi manipulate her into voting for Jenna.

Did I miss something about Matt? I mean I saw the knife sharpening thingie, but I thought he had recovered from that, and was sorta like the most decent guy....? Any insights on why Matt did so poorly in the final vote?

Matt said he was 'acting' crazy.....NOT. He said he threw the last challenge...........NOT. Jenna's black hair.................NOT!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 09:17 am
Oh, Heidi's dumb. It just shows that IQ tests are whacked.

I watched about half an hour of the reunion show before I had to go -- I turned it off just as Jeff Probst was declaring that the next part would be Christy talking about what it was like to be the first deaf Survivor. Can anyone fill me in on that part?

I liked Rob's line; "The good news is, I have a girlfriend. The bad news is, she doesn't believe a word I say." Very Happy

Miscellaneous questions/observations:

-Does Jenna have blue eyes or brown eyes? I was looking for stuff about Survivor today and found this website:

http://www.pageant.net/jennamorasca/

Check out the picture about halfway down, with her name on it. Those are BROWN eyes. But on Survivor, she had blue eyes. Was she wearing tinted contacts? How on earth could she do that, hygeine-wise? I did notice that she and Heidi both went back and forth between glasses and no glasses, and wondered about that.

- Did anyone notice the shot of the fire in the recap part of last night's show? It was a shot I hadn't seen before -- fire just doing fine, and then oops, got the kindling. It was perfectly framed, perfectly in focus, of the moment of ignition. This is very suspicious to me. I guess they could have cameras trained on the camp all the time, and maybe even were suspicious of the fire and wanted to keep an eye on it, but I think it was done on purpose. (!) I think they wanted Butch out, to make the final four Heidi, Jenna, Matt, and Rob.

- I think Christy was being groomed to be the winner, then Jenna and Heidi were next in line. Christy said one dumb thing that sealed her fate -- telling Rob she wasn't sure, she might vote him off -- that couldn't be controlled. As others mentioned here, the final two immunity challenges are usually some sort of memory thing (about the other tribe members), then endurance. I think that maze thing was done instead of the memory thing because they (producers) thought everyone would be better at it than Jenna. And I think the endurance thing was done in front of the rest of the tribe because they wanted that to be the jury's final image of Jenna -- being tough-minded and perservering, turning down the offer of a deal from Rob.

Matt was dumb to take the fall (if he did) on the endurance challenge -- at that point, his strength was in his favor. People were looking to give the mil to the person who had earned it, worked the hardest, etc. Rob would never have taken him to the final two, and it was a shocker that Jenna did.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 10:44 am
Jenna has brown eyes..she was wearing those fake contacts half the time...I noticed it a while ago...for some reason I can pick those out like no one can.
Rob was hysterical regarding girlfriend...it was honest, well I think at least.
Christy's comments were basically that she went in thinking why dont people help me with my handicap, then realizing she had to help herself, basically kicking herself in the butt, and patting herself on the back for being able to get back up, and go on. Yeah, I agree, if she wasnt so indecisive, she couldve gone farther. And I was stunned that she voted for Jenna..it was just soooo wrong but, eh...her decision.
I have to disagree with Matt taking the fall....although I think he should have hung on longer to look better, and yeah, it might have hurt him.
That fire thing was suspicious allright, but it just adds some more ratings increase I think.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 10:52 am
Matthew Von Ertfelda
Little smarter than we know:
http://www.rimag.com/2002/sr.htm
http://www.vintagegarage.com/Race598.html
http://www.s-t.com/daily/01-99/01-17-99/e01li158.htm
just a couple links
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 11:01 am