"Survivor Amazon" -- Mars vs. Venus

Roberta

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 06:19 pm
A perfectly decent youngish guy won the Survivor in Africa. A nice old guy has never won. A few have come close, though.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 06:23 pm
I think Butch is playing the game better than anyone at this point. For the last few weeks his name pops up amongst their gossip as someone to vote off but then someone else does something stupid, they all get enraged and forget all about Butch. Next week, there he is again. Very Happy

Rob's got the gift though.. He's managing to dig some mighty big holes and he climbs right back out of them. I figure next week it'll be Rob, Matt and Butch voting off one of the two girls (I'd guess Heidi but..). Jenna will go right after that.

But when it comes down to the last 3 people I think Matt and Rob will figure out that they won't get the votes against Butch so they'll both be out for him in the hopes of going up against the other for the judges to vote on.

Of course, with this gang anything could happen in just a few minutes and they could all turn their wrath on most anyone. Right now they are like over-tired toddlers. They're all cranky and nothing is making them happy.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 06:28 pm
This is an interesting analysis of why Christy was voted off:

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article3078.art&page=1

OK I figured out winners:

1: Richard (mean older guy)
2: Tina (nice older lady)
3: Ethan (nice young guy)
4: Vecepia (nice 36-yr old lady)
5: Brian (mean younger guy [34])

Dangit. It's gonna be Jenna or Heidi.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 06:29 pm
Hee hee about overtired toddlers Laughing
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 06:38 pm
sozobe wrote:
Dangit. It's gonna be Jenna or Heidi.

But... all the women that have won so far were NICE women.. Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 06:39 pm
Right. That's exactly the point. Evil young woman fills the demographic gap perfectly.

Dangit.
0 Replies

Azue

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 01:24 am
hi all.. i watched the games last friday. i just wonder.. why Matt vote off christy??
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 08:20 am
I think Matt is going along with Rob at this point. Rob has told Matt that it will be the two of them at the end -- Rob and Matt. I'm hoping that Matt realizes he can't trust Rob, but Matt probably figured it wasn't worth it to contradict Rob, at the risk of his (Matt's)head going on the chopping block.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 08:37 am
I think Rob is a strong possibility for the final two. BECAUSE the remaining survivors KNOW the jury hates him. Wouldn't you want the choice to be between you and Rob?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 08:44 am
Excellent point, Equus!

I am terrible at the kind of politics/strategy involved in these games. I just don't think like that, I guess.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 08:46 am
I'm convinced it's gonna be one of the girls vs. Rob, and the girl will win. Survivor may not be scripted, but it's SO shaped by the producers, and my earlier list of winners convinced me it's gonna be an evil young woman. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 08:51 am
Does the jury get to view the episodes AFTER they are voted off? This makes a difference to their opinions and views, but it also is affects if the following jurors "tell stories" and influence their decisions on the final two.

Rob is perceived as a nasty piece of work and they all know it, however it would be the "one-time" that one of the others screws somebody that will be noted and held against them. Matt screwed Christy by voting for her, even though they had an alliance. If it comes to Matt and Rob as the final two, Christy expects Rob to be a ****, so will she vote against Matt because she took his disloyalty more personally?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 09:30 am
Heeven wrote:
Does the jury get to view the episodes AFTER they are voted off? This makes a difference to their opinions and views, but it also is affects if the following jurors "tell stories" and influence their decisions on the final two.

I've always wondered about this but got the impression that they don't get to view the episodes. In a few of the shows in past years Jeff (the host) made some incomplete comments that led me to believe that the only thing the jury knows is what they see at the tribal counsel and what they discuss amongst themsleves whilst they hang out (doing whatever it is they do..) waiting for their show-time in the jury box at the next tribal counsel.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 09:32 am
Too bad - otherwise their voting would be a bit fairer don't you think?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 09:34 am
I've been really wondering about the "doing whatever it is they do" part. I mean, presumably, they are ALL held there for a while, since if somebody goes home early, the jig is up. In terms of the Jury members, are they, like, in solitary confinement? If they see each other, how can they NOT talk about it?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 09:39 am
I'm not sure it would. We only see 1 hour of clips for the events of 2 or 3 full days and of course, those clips are selected for the most "effect" in drawing/keeping television viewers.. If there is a spat you can bet we're going to see it. lol

Giving those clips to the jurors would be highly prejudicial. They'd have no way of knowing what happened 5 minutes before or after the clip. Without the clips each jurror is left with what they "know" and actually experienced, whether that knowledge is complete or not.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 03:26 pm
Yeah, the jury thing is interesting, and I too have wondered what it is they see and are able to discuss, etc.
Especially with the host always seeming to pick those who have either had a confrontation or problem of some sort or having the edge it seems like on everyone else...you know..like when he asks how they think its going and it ends up they are voted off. Also, do we see all of tribal council? I think sometimes we dont.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 May, 2003 05:33 pm
Oh one more thing "I'll go tally the votes..." WHAT FOR? "Tally" clearly means "arrange them in the most dramatic fashion possible." There shouldn't be a need for a middle step -- it should be that they put their votes in the thingy, the votes get swirled around a bit, and then Jeff takes 'em out one at a time. As soon as I saw that the first two votes were for Jenna last time, for example, I knew Christy was out. If there are 7 votes, for example, split 3-4, it's ALWAYS Alex -- Matt -- Alex -- Matt -- Alex -- Matt..... huge long pause... -- Alex. Not Alex Alex Alex Matt Alex, for example.
0 Replies

Azue

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 07:33 pm
Hi all.. Good Morning everyone..

can anyone update me on this week Survival episode?
anyone please.. Sozobe?

i just can't wait to watch it tonite... please.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 07:36 pm
come-on just wait a couple more hours or I have to stay away from here.
0 Replies