"Survivor Amazon" -- Mars vs. Venus

Azue

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 07:45 pm
Nope, i mean i'm far at Malaysia. the time now is 9:40 am. The show in Malaysia is at 12 am tonite.. i have to wait another 15 hours??

cannot wait.. i just want to know whos' turn to go this episode...

Embarrassed
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 07:51 pm
Heidi was voted off, Azue. But someone else will have to fill in the details - I only watched the end.
0 Replies

Azue

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 07:55 pm
oh, thank you macsm11.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 08:34 pm
Poor Azue!! Very Happy

I haveta do a bunch of stuff so this will be quicker than usual:

The first thing that happened was that Butch was going a wee bit overboard with gathering firewood. (At least that's how it was portrayed -- it actually made sense to me that there were only a few windows of opportunity to get wood that would then dry out enough to be usable, between downpours, and having a healthy fire was absolutely required.) Heidi said something about how she didn't want to help with the firewood (Butch was leading the charge, Matt and Rob were helping), and that she felt bad about it, but then was like, "No, I don't feel bad, 'cause they just want to vote me off". Something like that. So she and Jenna were just sitting there on their butts, watching, while the guys were collecting a bunch of firewood.

At some point during this Rob or Butch said "And then we'll be ready to rock 'n' roll!" and that turned into Butch dancing, which was FUNNY!!! Rob was totally cracking up, which made him the most likable I've seen him -- he's usually so emotionally removed and trying to work the puppet strings, and he was just rofl.

SO... then they went off to the reward challenge. It was some kinda combination of challenges from past and future. The knot thing from the very first challenge (?), etc. The reward was a) a Saturn Ion (the reaction was, embarrassingly for Saturn, presumably, somewhat muted) and b) a tailgate party from the trunk. Barbeque, etc.

So, Matt won that. He had to choose only one person to hang out with him and eat, and he chose Rob. Butch, Jenna, and Heidi went off to camp.

Well.

As the barbeque was getting stoked up, they did some Artistic editing and showed the burgers weren't the only thing getting cooked. Butch had made a big fire before they left for the challenge (evidently something that they usually do) with scads of firewood drying all around it. Whoops. Big fire.

It didn't actually destroy everything, but it destroyed a lot. Everyone's packs but Heidi's, Rob's magic 8 ball was all melty and pitiful, etc. MOST but not all of the shelter was destroyed -- it looked like the infrastructure was basically there, but the rooves were demolished.

So Jenna Heidi Butch saw it first, and actually reacted pretty calmly. I thought there would be waterworks from the gals. There was some blame-y stuff, but not too bad.

Meanwhile, Rob and Matt are whooping it up. Matt was talking about how Rob had brought him this far, strategy-wise, and Rob was talking about how Matt had taught him to survive, so he would last that long. (Hm.) In the private interview, though, Matt said he had a totally solid alliance with BOTH Rob AND Butch. I.e., each thought they would be in the final 2 with Matt. So Matt's being a wee bit schemy himself.

Matt and Rob returned, and Matt had the strongest reaction of anyone, pretty much. In the interview part he was pretty clear that he thought it was Butch's fault.

OK so meanwhile on top of all of this Jenna has tonsillitis. She's being whiny and whimpery and very very much like Shawna was a while back, if you remember. "I can't take it any more, I'm not getting better", etc. etc. HEIDI was starting to push to vote her off! And not just for altruistic reasons -- she said "it can only help me if Jenna goes first." (!)

Pause, then immunity challenge.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 08:39 pm
Ack! Did I say quick? Well, I'm typing quick. Had no idea it was that MUCH 'til I hit "submit."

Anyway. Immunity challenge was the same kind of hodge-podge. Some of this, some of that, lots of ropes. Matt won it handily. He's definitely turned it up a notch. Really almost no competition.

So, at tribal council, true to form (HOW do they keep doing this!? Have they learned nothing??) Heidi talks about how the three guys are scared to death that they will lose to her and that she's been working SOOOOOOOO hard and blahbedy blah. "I'm in the driver's seat" redux. I believe Alex actually buried his head in his hands when she said that. (Like, "What was she thinking?") Matt did a little "HUH??" thing. Oh and Dave had the strongest reaction I've seen from him yet when they talked about the fire. I think he felt that was his work that the idiots had destroyed.

SO -- Jenna and Heidi voted for Rob, everyone else voted for Heidi. Jenna looked SAAAAAD.

I was surprised that now the final 4 are 3 guys and a woman. I thought it would be 2 and 2. Still think Jenna's gonna win, despite her decrepitude. Sad
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 08:56 pm
Those girls are crap. I can't believe how lazy they are.
If I was on that show, working my ass off and people sat around--I'd tell them what I thought of them. Why doesn't anybody do this?

I think they better learn the lesson about the "I'm in the driver's seat" statement...

And, I hated the pseudo-blame Butch got for the fire.

I'm thinking Matt will win all the immunities and win.
0 Replies

Azue

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 10:29 pm
Thanks sozobe and sofia for update me. i cannot comment more since i do not yet watch the show. but at least you gave me a clear picture of what will happen in this episode.

Me too, thinking that Matt will win and win and win...

sozobe.. yes you are, very quick info i got. thanks again. i just can't wait for tonite..
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 01:05 am
I loved the jurors' reactions to Heidi's idiotic declaration that she is pulling the strings. Did she want to leave? Bewildering behavior.

I think the reaction to the fire would have been far stronger if the show weren't almost over.

Soz, I think the only way Jenna will get to the final two is if she wins immunity. If the challenges are physical, she doesn't stand a chance.

Glad we don't have to wait to next Thursday to see what happens. The finale is on Sunday.
0 Replies

Azue

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 02:58 am
oh... really?? this sunday will be the finale one?

Seems like i am far behind from all of you.. anyhow, i've to wait until tonite to watch 'Heidi voted off' episode..
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 06:35 am
I think Rob was a bit off on his remarks when voting. He said something about "two women sharing one brain" but IMO, they were sharing one heart and with Heidi gone I just don't see Jenna putting much into anything anymore. She knows she's gone whenever the rest of them tire of her.

I was a bit surprised. I figured that Heidi and Jenna would try to talk Butch into voting with them after Matt picked Rob to join him on the Reward challenge reward but they didn't even bother. The two of them have played badly the last few episodes. Of course, what we see and what they know are worlds apart so. Maybe from their view they are doing all they can.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 08:44 am
From the girls behavior in camp..not doing anything to blaming Butch for the fire, not thinking game, only thinking feelings <without regard to others> they made their own bed. Wait..no, the guys made their bed...lol..you know what I mean.
From the jury reactions last night...it seems that they dont know what goees on in camp..only during tribal council...found that interesting. I wonder though..do they get to mix with each other? Is it a big pow wow when another member comes on board..it seemed like that from Christy's reaction..that she had talked with other members of the jury.
At this point..yep, I think Matt is just gonna keep kicking butt in the challenges, Jennas gonna fold without Heidi to keep her up, Robs going to be a nervous wreck and Butch is still flying under the radar..he could surprise us.
Sunday..the finale..already!? Its been great.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 09:18 am
It's going to be fun now.
One of the next immunity challenges will involve your memories of other players. (Jenna may win it.)
Or was she faking all the whining and at the next immunity challenge (Standing on one leg till you drop) reveal that she is really as fit as a marathoner and beat all the boys while popping her top again.

Here's my guess: Butch to win. Jury picks him over Matt. He was less of a weasel than anyone and didn't stab anyone in the back. Tough choice, but still Matt's the one player who seemed to ride through the process unscathed because of his strength. Bound to cause a little resentment.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 12:08 pm
There are two more immunity challenges. The last one is always a test of endurance. The next to the last may be a memory thing.

I'm not making any predictions.

Can't wait for the finale. I really gotta get a life.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 12:14 pm
Roberta wrote:
Can't wait for the finale. I really gotta get a life.

"Life" can be over-rated sometimes! Wink
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 12:25 pm
Demographically, I'm really thinking it will be Jenna. But immunity becomes super important at this point, and I think Matt could do it on either brains or brawn. And if it becomes who he takes with him, I think he would take Rob over Jenna or Butch. So that would mean Matt and Rob in the final, Matt wins.

???

WHOOO knows. I really thought Butch would go ahead of Heidi.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 02:11 pm
I am so angry. We had tornados in KC again last night and they pre-empted Survivor for a bunch of radar maps and weather talk. There ought to be a law against tornado warnings during prime time.

I know Heidi got the boot, but I hate to find out without watching the show.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 02:12 pm
This brings the "who needs a life, I wanna watch Survivor" thing to a new level. Shocked

Glad you're safe, Equus!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 02:13 pm
This can fill you in more:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor6/
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 01:19 pm
They reran it late Friday night, but by then I already knew Heidi got the boot.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 08:08 pm
Shoulda bet some money. Wink

Can someone fill me in on the reunion part? Don't think I'll be able to watch.
0 Replies