How To Tell if Younger Single Guy is Interested In Older MW?

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2016 06:20 pm
Will try to keep this short.
I only see him once a week and it is at a sporting event we both attend so we are around people all the time. I caught him checking me out one night but didn't think much of it. Then another night I saw him watching me out of the corner of his eye but would not look at me directly acting like he didn't notice me.
I started making a point of saying hi to him and got big smiles. Last time I saw him I was talking to people on his team so added him in the conversation. We talked and teased each other a bit and were competing with each other to see who did better even though we were not actually playing each other (we were near his team enough to chat). Funny he did much worse after I said we should have a contest to see who did better.

Afterward he came out with others even though we didnt sit together. He NEVER has before. He in fact told me he was going out with friends after the game. He also left the bar the exact time when I did and I said I thought he was going out. he replied he was now and I should go with them (it was only he and another guy not in the league).
I was shocked he said this (he seems very shy) and just replied I would but had to get home. I am shocked because 1) I am married and 2) there is a very big age difference (He is mid 20's I am in my early 50's). I am told I look very young for my age and am in pretty decent shape. I know this is a very slippery slope and not sure what I am looking for here. Right now I am asking opinions if you think he is interested and looking to see where it could go, he is naive and just teasing or playing games with me.
This week I am actually playing against his team which he informed me of last week and said it would be a real competition. I know how to push the envelope somewhat and try and get a better reading but do not want to go too far and scare him off. I guess my ego needs to know is this just a game to him?
What do you think? Yes I am obsessing. lol

jespah

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 06:21 am
@notalone444,
So have a fantasy. Fantasies are harmless. Just don't turn it into reality and hurt someone. You know, like the guy you're married to.

BTW why not take your own advice? http://able2know.org/topic/329050-1#post-6326928
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 04:09 pm
Maybe he just wanted to know your team's plays . . .

Really, your huge ego is showing.
0 Replies

notalone444

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 06:23 pm
@jespah,
Wow tough crowd. I wont be posting here again!
BTW "the guy Im married to" cheated on me multiple times years ago . I know the heartache and would never do it. I was truly shocked a guy so young would ever be interested in anyone old enough to be his mother. I figured he was just playing around and why I asked the question. call me naive. And to the jerk who said my ego is showing, sorry if it feels good at the thought of such a young guy finding me attractive. I am sure YOU have no ego at all. Hypocrite.
Tiger81

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 03:58 pm
@notalone444,
Ignore the haters in their ivory towers.

I also have been on both sides and am currently having a great affair with a long term partner. It is what it is.

Anyway, I have a friend, mid 50's and she dates men young enough to be her son all the time! Its not for me, but kudos to her! And you!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 05:11 pm
@notalone444,
He sounds like he's having a little fun flirting with you.

I flirt regularly with men younger and older than I am. We all know there's nothing serious in it. It's fun.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 08:40 am
@notalone444,
How the hell were we supposed to figure out you've been cheated on from your posts?

My original statement stands. Have a fantasy and enjoy it. And if you are still this angry at your husband for what he did, consider counseling, either to get tools for coping and staying or for getting your ducks lined up and leaving. Don't simply exist in a marriage, pissed off, for the rest of your days.
notalone444

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 09:42 am
@jespah,
I am not pissed off at all and had counseling already and usually do not feel the need to throw out my past. I felt the need when someone posted about my poor husband that's all. It doesn't mean I feel entitled to have an affair because I do not. Two wrongs do not make a right. It may not have even been your post I replied at the end of the posts and it replied to yours. I understand this topic hits nerves with people and I get it but I have learned not to judge others whether I agree or not. If someone is looking for advice on it then that is different. I didnt ask if I should have an affair. I am clearly not going to. My question was based on actions Ive noticed and had no idea if he was just having fun or actually looking for more. I am not used to a much younger guy flirting with me.

I appreciate those who actually answered my question without assuming I am a cheater. I also am not stupid enough to not know a young guy is looking for sex and that is it. Even single I wouldn't want to be used. Thanks for the replies.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 10:01 am
To reply to a specific person, click on their post and add your reply.

To reply to folks in a thread in general, look to the bottom of the thread page and click on Reply to All.
notalone444

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 10:13 am
@ossobucotemp,
Ahh thank you. I did not see that button all the way at the bottom!
0 Replies