America's retaliation against Russian hacking.

maporsche

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Well there we go. You've said it before, so it must now be the truth. Rolling Eyes

That's not how it works Weasel. It's the truth, not because I said it, but because it's exactly what happened.

Do you have another reason why it was released over the course of a month instead of one big drop?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:57 pm
@georgeob1,
Why, you you want to vote in Germany? I vote in Maryland and have in every election since I was old enough to vote. Should I now have to present my birth certificate in order to continue to vote or stay registered to vote. I don't think so, I may become too old or infirm to drive and no longer have a drivers license....so then what....where do I get two photo id's in order to prove to others that I didn't enter the country illegally?

The question isn't "do I dispute your version of California DMV practices", I provided an example of a worst case scenario for lifeclong citizens, you provide a possible scenario for possible voter fraud, you have not provided proof. You sir, are Chicken Little.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:59 pm
@maporsche,
Your argument is a sieve.

First of all you have no knowledge of why the leaks took place over time. You have an opinion. I can speculate that it was so that an attention seeking Assange was guaranteed a spotlight over months. In either case it's speculation.

Secondly the fact that the leaks took place over months, in no way proves there was nothing of true substance in them.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:04 pm
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:
Mooslim immigrants that have invaded Germany, are they allowed to vote?
I'm not aware of Muslim immigrants having invaded Germany. (1683, that was Vienna/Austria - I'm nor that much educated about the voting laws there.)

And as said: we don't asked for the religious belief of a voter (Actually, religion is one of most private things here.)
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:05 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Why, you you want to vote in Germany? I vote in Maryland and have in every election since I was old enough to vote. Should I now have to present my birth certificate in order to continue to vote or stay registered to vote. I don't think so, I may become too old or infirm to drive and no longer have a drivers license....so then what....where do I get two photo id's in order to prove to others that I didn't enter the country illegally?

The question isn't "do I dispute your version of California DMV practices", I provided an example of a worst case scenario for lifeclong citizens, you provide a possible scenario for possible voter fraud, you have not provided proof. You sir, are Chicken Little.

And you are full of chickenlittleshit (I liked that Cool ) ! Germany has a National ID card which, among other things provides verifications of residency status and citizenship, not to mention the cirtizen rolls to which Walter made reference. Those things don't exist in the United States. Until recently immigrancy into Germany was very low, and most of that from Turkey. More revently the vast unrestrticted internal mobility of EU residents together with the influx of refugees from the Middle East and North Africa has seriously complicated that situation, with the attended well-publicized consequences and internal political after effects. That drama is still ongoing.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
These stolen emails were released with out verification or proof of chain of evidence. If you want to make important decisions based on shaky sources, that's your business. I'm wary of betting the farm because someone else said it was a sure thing, but perhaps that's because of my line of work.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:06 pm
@georgeob1,
And you wonder why no one calls you clever?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

First of all you have no knowledge of why the leaks took place over time. You have an opinion. I can speculate that it was so that an attention seeking Assange was guaranteed a spotlight over months. In either case it's speculation.

Secondly the fact that the leaks took place over months, in no way proves there was nothing of true substance in them.

Assange did this to harm Clinton. He did it over 4 weeks to harm Clinton.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/us/politics/assange-timed-wikileaks-release-of-democratic-emails-to-harm-hillary-clinton.html?_r=0

Second ---- no ****. Who's suggesting that it's proof of no-substance. What's been suggested is that there was no substance AND that the release was still damaging to her. You claim that the two things are in-congruent and cannot both be true.

******* weaselly behavior again.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:11 pm
@glitterbag,
True and people should have taken that into consideration when forming opinions based upon them.

Wikileaks, no mater what anyone thinks of it, doesn't have a history of releasing false or doctored documents. Doesn't mean they didn't this time around, but it's also something to have kept in mind.

Most importantly, I think, is that if there was any evidence that the email were doctored or false, I would have expected the DNC and Podesta to provide it, but they didn't.

People's views of leaks like these tend to be determined by whose ox is being gored.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:12 pm
@georgeob1,
Of course EU-citizens can vot in local (and regional, in some states) elections here as well (and of course in the EU-elections).

I don't think that it is a drama but an advantage. And part of a real democracy.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:12 pm
@georgeob1,
Very clever!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:14 pm
@maporsche,
Gosh that weasel thing really ticked you off didn't it. Cool

Olivier did.
maporsche

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Gosh that weasel thing really ticked you off didn't it. Cool

Olivier did.

No substance....again and forever. At least you're consistent.

Back to your weaseliness though...

http://able2know.org/topic/352729-32#post-6339785
Quote:
Finn, do you care to accept your own invitation and pre-emptively go on the record that when Trump and his supporters blame Obama for any problem he will face, and any usage of the dodge of "I inherited this problem from Obama..." will be intellectually dishonest and irresponsible.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yes, I did see where a few fair minded people suggested that Podesta should release all of his private correspondence to prove WikiLeaks was inaccurate. Isn't this a little like asking the accused to prove that they are not guilty?

On second thought, maybe you're right, chickenshit is so original I have never heard the term before. Old George sure knows how to turn a phrase for the easily amused.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:23 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I'd really like to see some real life examples of people doing this.

Illegal immigrants registering to vote?

Quote:
I mean, in theory, real life aliens from other planets may be voting in California. I think that's the real issue here. How can we have extraterrestrials influencing our election.

Pointless deflection from someone who tried to present themselves as an expert on something and then recanted with the cry of "What does my experience have to do with this."
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:24 pm
@glitterbag,
Well, no matter what it would have taken, he didn't do it.

I tend to think though that if they knew the email had been doctored all that would have been necessary was to provide their copies of the originals.

Not all that tough.

maporsche

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:27 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:
I'd really like to see some real life examples of people doing this.

Illegal immigrants registering to vote?

Quote:
I mean, in theory, real life aliens from other planets may be voting in California. I think that's the real issue here. How can we have extraterrestrials influencing our election.

Pointless deflection from someone who tried to present themselves as an expert on something and then recanted with the cry of "What does my experience have to do with this."

Yeah...sure, that's what happened. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:30 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
Yeah...sure, that's what happened.

You know it did. Remember when I said ask a nurse and you said you were a nurse? You only pulled back on your experience when I pressed about 2 years part time as a nurse being enough to have an opinion. You then started in with what does it matter, just like Hillary did.

Should I look through the posts and find this or do you admit that it did indeed happen?

I notice you didn't answer the rest of the post.
maporsche

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:35 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:
Yeah...sure, that's what happened.

You know it did. Remember when I said ask a nurse and you said you were a nurse? You only pulled back on your experience when I pressed about 2 years part time as a nurse being enough to have an opinion. You then started in with what does it matter, just like Hillary did.

Should I look through the posts and find this or do you admit that it did indeed happen?

I notice you didn't answer the rest of the post.

No. That's not what happened.

You asked me to complete a logically fallacy of appealing to authority (as if a nurse would be able to answer the question of whether or not illegal immigrants are more or less likely to seek medical care than non-immigrants). I mentioned that I was a nurse and answered your questions. I did this to help ascertain why it was relevant in your mind. Upon learning what you were attempting to do I then pointed out that this was irrelevant to the discussion, which of course it was.

Using a metaphor, basically you suggested that I should go talk to a mechanic about determining if ford has a better marketing department than chevy. They might have an opinion, but not a valuable one (just like the nurse).

This also isn't relevant to our current discussion, but rather a personal attack. I suppose my post about one of Finn's weaselly behaviors was as well.

I take mine back.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And you know that in the past they didn't?

That's a good question. I don't know of any instances but if you have cases you know of, I'm a taker.
0 Replies