America's retaliation against Russian hacking.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:18 pm
@Olivier5,
And you know that in the past they didn't?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:19 pm
@Olivier5,
So in other words, you want to have it both ways.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:21 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivia's condescending dismissals not withstanding, layman has indeed identified a contentious and topical issue. I know of no determinative facts on the number of illegsals who may have voted in California elections, however it is simply a fact that the ID laws in Californis have made that a likely possibility.
Frugal1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:24 pm
@georgeob1,

Oli has no proof that it didn't happen, just party talking points - and we know those are worthless.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:28 pm
@Baldimo,
No, not a blind eye.......its difficult to take outhouse crazy for lengthy periods. Tomorrow it's possible that the Pentagon will be swept up in the biggest tornado ever.......then dropped on the White House.......I'm pretty sure it won't happen.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Yep a blind eye. Do you dispute the facts about CA and their ID laws? Any dispute in the fact that workers in the DMV can not ask for proof of citizenship when someone wants to register to vote in the US? Any dispute in the fact that CA has no voter ID laws?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Any dispute in the fact that CA has no voter ID laws?
How many other states require proof of citizenship to vote (i.e. birth certificate or passport)?
Frugal1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:58 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_ID_laws_in_the_United_States

Map
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Map_of_US_Voter_ID_Laws_by_State,_Strict_vs_Non-Strict,_Nov_2016.svg
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Baldimo wrote:
Any dispute in the fact that CA has no voter ID laws?
How many other states require proof of citizenship to vote (i.e. birth certificate or passport)?

Please enlighten us on the rules that apply in Germany Walter.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:13 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

That's the problem Walter, you don't have to prove you are a citizen to register to vote. You can just check a box that says you are, but there is no one checking to make sure everyone who registers is an actual citizen.

Obama over the last 8 years has done everything he can to make sure you can't tell the difference between a legal immigrant an illegal immigrant and a citizen. How many EO/EA's has he signed on immigration and how many rights and protections has he given illegal immigrants?

We can't even make sure we have the proper number of representatives based on citizen population.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:19 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
Please enlighten us on the rules that apply in Germany Walter.
We are automatically registered and get a "polling card" from the local electoral office (that's a department in every municipality), if we are 16 or 18 (depending on kind of election and state - 18 at federal and EU-parliament elections).

You just vote - if you're personally known by poll worker (and she/he makes a note on the list that you voted). Or you show your card - if you forgot it, your ID-card will work.
[NB: driver licences are not valid as ID-cards.]

If you do postal voting, you sign a couple of times that you're the one you intend to be, enclose your voting card (in a different envelope, of course).

Persons, who voted by post or are dead ... those are marked in the list (which is updated at 7 o'clock in the morning).

Frugal1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Response moderated: Hate speech. See more info.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:25 pm
@Frugal1,
We don't ask for religious beliefs to get the right to vote.
Are some religions excluded where you live? Interesting!
Frugal1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, or no?
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

No. I just take into account the fact that people can be fooled into tbhinking that something is a bid deal when it's not. It's called a decoy or a red hearing. Like making you believe that the Podesta emails said anything new or particularly incriminating, when they didn't. Is it really a surprise for you that the DNC was rooting for Clinton? OF COURSE they did, from day 1 of the primaries. As anyone would think they would... That's no scoop. But it was made to LOOK like a throve of incriminating emails...

But then who hacked and released those emails, and for what motives? Who profits from the crime? And can it happen again even more effectively (hacking as a way to win an election)? That's another set of questions, that funningly enough you seem to think is trivial, but i think is important... as to me it calls into question the future of democracy, and not just in the US. And not just for Trump's presidency.

I'm just less superficial than you are. ;-)
Frugal1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:33 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Mooslim immigrants that have invaded Germany, are they allowed to vote?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:34 pm
@Olivier5,
Was CNN fooled into thinking that Donna Brazile's supplying the Clinton campaign with debate questions to such an extend that they forced her to resign?

Were we fooled into thinking that there has been for years an unholy alliance between the Dems and the media?

Were the Bernie Sanders supporters fooled into thinking the DNC shafted their guy?

You continue to falsely assert that any disagreement with your opinions means the person in disagreement is "soft" on foreign hacking.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Gosh you're a weasel.

I've already said this, but again:

Sometimes the effect is just the constant reminder, the headlines having to be written, the beating of the drum. That's the very reason that Wikileaks released the emails over the course of a month instead of one big dump.
maporsche

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:37 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:

That's the problem Walter, you don't have to prove you are a citizen to register to vote. You can just check a box that says you are, but there is no one checking to make sure everyone who registers is an actual citizen.

Obama over the last 8 years has done everything he can to make sure you can't tell the difference between a legal immigrant an illegal immigrant and a citizen. How many EO/EA's has he signed on immigration and how many rights and protections has he given illegal immigrants?

We can't even make sure we have the proper number of representatives based on citizen population.

I'd really like to see some real life examples of people doing this.

I mean, in theory, real life aliens from other planets may be voting in California. I think that's the real issue here. How can we have extraterrestrials influencing our election.

http://img2.rnkr-static.com/list_img_v2/18526/578526/C480/the-13-most-successful-alien-hoaxes-of-all-time-u1.jpg
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:47 pm
@maporsche,
Well there we go. You've said it before, so it must now be the truth. Rolling Eyes