America's retaliation against Russian hacking.

glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 10:33 pm
@layman,
Good gracious, did I miss Layman's tutorial on current events??? Good, you are just chock full of disinformation....
layman

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 10:48 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Good, you are just chock full of disinformation....

Heh, yeah, right, eh?

That the best ya got?
Builder

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:03 pm
@layman,
Old rag time here. The G bag likes to head up a new page.

That is, in fact, the "best they got". The same institutions that agreed to attack Iraq, and Afghanistan, on solid evidence of WMDs, while pretending to place policeman in Syria, just for their protection of the people against tyranny ™, are now saying that someone screwed with democracy right here at home.

Fancy that!
layman

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:06 pm
@Builder,
Not to mention the same guy who told us that the Benghazi embassy was attacked "spontaneously" because of a video the muslims didn't like, eh, Builda?

They even arrested the guy that did it!

PS. Rag time? Not sure I follow. Ya talkin about music, or a former handle you've had?
Builder

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:08 pm
@layman,
We're up against a cheer squad for the neoliberal empiracals.

Better double the power to forward sheilds, I reckon.

Oh, and an "old rag" is an established periodical, or a gossip magazine.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:10 pm
@layman,
The same guy who pressured agents to distort their intelligence and understate the threat of ISIS to bring it in line with Obama's claims, too, eh?

Go figure.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:27 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

By the way, I think the current estimates now show that over 50% of California's inhabitants are of hispanic descent. Many of them are actually Mexican citizens.

It's gotten to the point where the East LA street gang, the Mexican Klan, is startin to take turf from both the Krips and the Bloods in South Central, I tellya! It aint nuthin nice

It helps to have a Mexican Mayor, of course.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:29 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
how can Democrats argue that the Russian e-mail hacking helped Trump if there wasn't any damaging information within them?

I'm no Democrat with a big D and i don't care what they argue. I argue that the content of the emails wasbirrelevant. What mattered was that they were hacked and placed on wikileacks, where rightist and leftist activists alike could cherry pick a few sentences to share on blogs. Thus giving the IMPRESSION there was something reprehensible in there.

They wrote the script for that scam during the hack of the East Anglia global warming files. Those files contained nothing wrong, but the paid-for GW deniers made hay of it nevertheless.

It's just another form of lying.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:33 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

So what?

For decades, virtually every liberal candidate was Soviet Moscow's candidate. There's always going to be one they prefer over the other and it doesn't make their preferred candidate (McGovern, Mondale, Clinton, Trump et al) a Russian stooge

This time they actually tried hard to influence the results of the elections. To me that makes a difference.
Builder

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 01:50 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
I argue that the content of the emails wasbirrelevant.

But you also argue that they altered the election results.

layman

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:51 am
It aint nuthin nice when Hilly thinks she gets all the questions in advance, but then gets double-crossed, eh?

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 03:24 am
@Builder,
Quote:
But you also argue that they altered the election results.

No, I haven't argued that. I would agree, intuitively, that their influence was marginal but there is no way to know.
Builder

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 04:04 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
No, I haven't argued that. I would agree, intuitively, that their influence was marginal but there is no way to know.

Sweet! I'll quote you on that.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 04:18 am
@Builder,
Please do. Anyway, the DNC hacking is only the tip of the iceberg. New allegations are surfacing:

Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 04:38 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
A dossier making explosive — but unverified — allegations that the Russian government has been “cultivating, supporting and assisting” President-elect Donald Trump for years and gained compromising information about him has been circulating among elected officials, intelligence agents, and journalists for weeks.

The dossier, which is a collection of memos written over a period of months, includes specific, unverified, and potentially unverifiable allegations of contact between Trump aides and Russian operatives, and graphic claims of sexual acts documented by the Russians. BuzzFeed News reporters in the US and Europe have been investigating various alleged facts in the dossier but have not verified or falsified them. CNN reported Tuesday that a two-page synopsis of the report was given to President Obama and Trump.

Now BuzzFeed News is publishing the full document so that Americans can make up their own minds about allegations about the president-elect that have circulated at the highest levels of the US government.

Source: https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/these-reports-allege-trump-has-deep-ties-to-russia

0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 06:07 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

I been through all that in another thread, eh, Glitter. If you wanted to know, you could start with looking at California's Dept. of Motor Vehicle site. Their rules allow any non-citizen to get a driver's license, with the promise that they will never be subject to deportation because of it, and getting a license automatically registers them as a voter.

No proof of citizenship is required to vote there.

And you have evidence of that, Laygirl, or you're just talking out of your ass?
Frugal1

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 06:34 am
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15894856_10211615953617548_1402983138379186599_n.jpg?oh=4dd363bb537499274a77e9ceaeb73701&oe=59223F1B
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 11:42 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
And you have evidence of that, Laygirl, or you're just talking out of your ass?

By evidence you mean the laws of CA? It is a known fact that CA allows illegal immigrants to get drivers licenses. It's also a known fact and law that the people who work the DMV are not allowed to ask for residence status if someone chooses to register to vote. There is only a check mark on the form that asks if you are allowed to vote and the promise of penalty if you are found to be lying. CA also does not have a voter ID law, so there is no need to show ID to vote. It is the perfect storm for fraud.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 11:43 am
@glitterbag,
This has been covered before in several different threads but you seem to turn a blind eye to the facts of the matter.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 12:13 pm
@Baldimo,
No, I mean proof of Laygirl's allegation that 3 million non-citizens voted in California. He does not have it because there is no such thing. It's worse than fake news, it's pulled-out-of-someone's-arse news.

"There is no credible evidence I have seen to show large numbers of noncitizens voting in U.S. elections anywhere," Hasen said. "The idea that 3 million noncitizens could have illegally voted in our elections without being detected is obscenely ludicrous."
-- Richard Hasen, election law expert at the University of California
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2016/nov/18/blog-posting/no-3-million-undocumented-immigrants-did-not-vote-/