What is the soul?

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 07:43 am
@edgarblythe,
Thats what i would call Darwinian Evolution.

But come on Edgar, dont you guys at least sanity check yourselves on Google before making these silly claims about Theories?

Do that on the query 'Scientific Theories that turned out to be False'. You'll get a full week's worth of reading suggestions.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 07:52 am
@Leadfoot,
You have made a claim which you have not backed up.

Give an example of a Scientific Theory, not a hypothesis, that has been proven faulty.

From what you’ve said, it should be easy.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 09:32 am
@Leadfoot,
dont be an idiot Leadfoot. SCientific thories are allays up for modifications and, when facts dont agree, total revision. Plate Tectonics was such a theory (Of course there was really no "theory" to supercede it , jut a view of "geosynclines"

Whether you agree or not is immaterial , a "Theory" in cience is just what I aid it was above.
Youre disagreements are only based on the fact that noon actually does ANY indepth reserch or revision on Creationist/ID preaching.

Nam one study group that has withr occurd or come to fruition. I recall bck in 2000 how the ID HQ of the US has PROMISED us all sorts of scientific papers proving beyond a doubt that an Intelliegence stood behind the life on this planet.

hows that working out for you?
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 09:40 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Are these guys saying that no scientific Theory has ever turned out to be False [/quote no one has said that, youre trying to squeeze some creds out of a position that is cred-free. science is alway testing its theories often by mere discovery.

EG, what, if by chance, a fossil hominid were found in the sediments of the Devonian, that would have caused the entire theory of succession to be overturned and would have posed scads of new studies. HASNT HAPPENED.

For guys like the "Anointed one" who believes in a worldwide flood being responsible fro fossil sorting by age, his side has not ever been able to prove anything tht aupports his crapolla.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 01:10 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
dont be an idiot Leadfoot. SCientific thories are allays up for modifications and, when facts dont agree, total revision.

Ummm... Thank you. That's what I was saying has happened time and again . And while you're back peddling on scientific theories as fact, explain this to izzy and Edgar.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 01:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
He said they are up for revisions not that they are always happening. It is a guaranteed fact that your hoped for overturning of evolution will not happen. Not because of anything I ever did or said, but because the theory is real as proven by armies and generations of hard workers who are seeking to leave no stones unturned.
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 02:11 pm
@Leadfoot,
whn science stops working on its own theories and hypotheses are not coincident, revision and even major changes occur in the theory. That really hasnt happened much with evolution as it did with say, germ theory or plate tectonics and magnetism.
Unlik you guys, who, by not ever questioning your "beliefs" have never yet come to understand how silly much of what you accept wven is. You guys merely putz around with dictionary phrases and deny real evidence.
I recall how the"human footprints" in the sediments of the Paluxey River in Texas was accepted (and is still accepted) that humans and dinosaurs were living at the same time in arth's history. Even when the two guys who carved the human like footprints actually fessed up that they did it, the Creationists/IDers are still trying to deny that they were responsible and that the footprints are clear evidence of an ancient race of humans.
Anone who visited the site an has seen the "evidence" can see that the footprints were carved, not impressed into the lake mud.

Science has often been hit by phony baloney fossil huntrs , but the neat thing about science is that there is always someone up to investigate the challenge and actually discover the fraud when it happens.
Look at Piltdown man , or the Liao Ning deposits where "missing links" of birds were sold as real specimens to the NY Museum of Natural History. In that case a part-time fossil preparator investigated the fossil and found the fake segments all glued together with mineral deposit glue.

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 02:15 pm
@farmerman,
TTHE ONLY WAY TO PROVE A THEORY IS TO NOT DISPROVE IT. Unlike the Creation "Scientists" science never gives up searching and refining and looking for exceptions.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 04:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
It is a guaranteed fact that your hoped for overturning of evolution will not happen.

So you want to elevate Evolution beyond fact all the way to religious faith. I rather thought this was the source of your zeal.

But try to get farmer to stop contradicting you so soon after you post.
He says Science will never stop looking for those holes in Evolution.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 04:31 pm
@Leadfoot,
And i fully agree!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 05:41 pm
@Leadfoot,
I'm not like you. Facts is facts; faith is whatever you want to make it. Farmerman has not contradicted me, you just want to misstate his words.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 05:47 pm
@farmerman,
Now why would there be any changes in the story about the energy that has neither beginning or end, which has evolved to become this universe and all the life forms herein? science understands this.

Of course, knowing all the intricate details of how EVERYTHING was created 'FROM AND BY' the eternal energy that has neither beginning or end, is still far beyond the ability of man to understand, if ever.

Do you question your own beliefs, or do you just question the beliefs of others?

Us 'GUYS' who you refer to, such as Leadfoot, myself, and many, many others, do not believe that which the greater majority of Christians believe, those who were spawned from the false spirit=teaching of the Roman church, the worthless shepherd, who God raised up in the land after he abandoned his stubborn flock who valued him at thirty pieces of silver, and do you know why we do not accept the beliefs of she who sits on the seven hills of Rome? Because we have questioned her beliefs and we also question our own beliefs as we continue to grow=evolve in the truth of God's word.

Anyone, even those with only half a brain, after reading the posts of myself, Leadfoot and others, will know that we are not creationists who believe that all life forms were created only several thousand years ago, because us 'GUYS' have questioned such idiotic suggestions.

Science has often come up with phony baloney theories, but like us 'GUYS' who question the rubbish as taught by the mother church who sits on the seven Hills of Rome, and all her daughter denominations, who were spawned from her false spirit, before coming out of their mother body, to later establish families of their own, so it is with Science, there is always someone (Sometimes us 'GUYS') who are prepared to challenge and investigate these phony baloney scientists theories and prove them to be wrong.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 05:55 pm
@The Anointed,
When are you going to present evidence about which ones are wrong, not myths, scriptures, but something tangible.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 05:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
When are you going to produce the evidence that you believe will disprove the fact that the electromagnetic energy that was spewed out in the trillion upon trillions of degrees when the singularity of origin was spatially separated, has become this universe and all the life forms herein.

You must either accept this truth or deny it. Which is it to be old mate?
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 06:05 pm
@The Anointed,
I would tell Edgar that its not up to him to provide evidence about what youve said. Pretty tricky "noints", you say something then you claim someone else said it.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 07:42 pm
@The Anointed,
You claim authority for something that happened that long ago. It's up to you to prove it.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 11:00 pm
@farmerman,
Matey, you can tell your little thumbs up partner in belief, anything that you want to. But, if he wants to deny that the universal temperature at the moment of the event called the Big Bang, when the singularity of origin was spatially separated, and the liquid like plasma soup of electromagnetic energy was spewed out in the trillion upon trillions degrees, or according to scientific measurements 180 million trillion, trillion degrees Fahrenheit, a temperature in which no physical particle could exist, and that the infinitely hot energy has become this universe and all the life form herein, then he should provide the scientific evidence in his attempt to support his erroneous belief, or reveal to all that he is Just another "Hide your head in the sand' Atheist.

And I don't have to support my belief. that the infinitely hot electromagnetic energy has become this universe and all the life forms herein, I leave that to some of the greatest scientific minds of today, which you believe are inferior to the minds of you dumb atheists, who deny their evidence.
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 04:24 am
@The Anointed,
evidence is what youre a bit short in.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 06:27 am
I don't have long term retention of all that I read. I don't know every detail of what's been proven or not regarding the big bang and I won't google it for this thread. I know the scientific method works and that what they pronounce a true theory is correct and what remains hypothesis is what they are sorting out. Anything you assert out side of that you are expected to back up because no one else is privy to your method of arriving at your "truths."
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 07:31 am
@edgarblythe,
It sounds like you justify your beliefs on your lack of memory and understanding. You are not alone but At least you are honest about it.

But this is a strange place to be criticizing others' arguments from. You are not alone in that either.