What is the soul?

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 07:32 pm
@The Anointed,
I am not sure how the foolish shepherd fits into the story.

No, the other shepherd,

You know,

"The LORD is my shepherd..."

And, the entire Gospel of Matthew is dedicated to the branch of Jesus as, "the shepherd king", this is why Matthew contains the royal linage and the stories accentuate that aspect of his ministry.

Gathering the flock and tenderly caring for them.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2021 08:32 pm
@TheCobbler,
Continued from my previous post.

TheCobbler wrote ….. Considering the flood and other stories were clearly plagiarized from the Babylonians... this leaves suspicion then regarding any real historicity of the flood.

The Anointed Responds ..... Genesis 7: 11-12; When Noah was 600 years old, on the seventeenth day of the second month ‘all the outlets of the vast body of water beneath the earth burst open’, all the floodgates of the sky were opened, and rain fell on the earth for forty days and nights.

Scientists have long suspected there was a lot of water beneath our feet, but this may be the first direct evidence that a vast reservoir of water is locked inside the mantle’s “Transition Zone.” The significance: if just one percent of the “Transition Zone” is made up of water, researchers say, it would triple the amount of water on the Earth’s surface.

Scientific researchers today, have absolutely no idea of how much water is locked up in the transition zone, and yet they believe that if just one percent of the “transition Zone” is made up of water, it would triple the amount of water on the Earth’s surface. But if in the future it is discovered that much, much, more than one percent of the “transition zone” is made up of water, then how high would our oceans rise?

Psalms 104: 5-9; You have set the earth firmly on its foundations, and it will never be moved. You placed the ocean over it like a robe, and the water covered the mountains. When you rebuked the waters, they fled; they rushed away when they heard your shout of command. They flowed over the mountains and into the valleys, to the place you had made for them. You set a boundary they can never pass, to keep them from covering the earth again.

In 1 Peter 3: 21; speaks of the few people in the boat — eight in all — who were saved by the water, which was a symbol pointing to baptism, which now saves you.

Baptism is seen by Peter as being symbolic of the flood, in which the old body of Adam was submerged and the new body of Enoch, the heir to the throne of ‘The Most High in the creation,” arose from those waters.

Noah, his wife, their three sons and their wives are all direct genetic descendants of Enoch, (The Anointed one,) through his six sons, Methusulah, Rigam, Riman, Urchan, Cherminian, and Giadad.

Over 2,000 years before George Smith’s discovery of the deluge tablets in Iraq, there existed an account of the Chaldean [pre-Babylonian] flood myth. Berosus, an ancient Chaldean historian living in the time of Alexander the Great in the 4th century B.C.E, relayed to the Greeks the antiquity of his peoples deluge myth in the following words: “After the death of Ardates, his son Xisuthrus reigned eighteen sari. In his time happened a great deluge; the history of which is thus described.

The deity Cronos appeared to him in a vision, and warned him that upon the fifteenth day of the month Daesius there would be a flood, by which mankind be destroyed. He therefore enjoined him to write a history of the beginning, procedure, and conclusion of all things, and to bury it in the city of the sun at Sippara; and to build a vessel, and take with him into it his friends and relations; and to convey on board everything necessary to sustain life, together with all the different animals, [In the area of his known world] both birds and quadrupeds, and trust himself fearlessly to the deep.

Having asked the Deity whither he was to sail, he was answered, “To the Gods;” upon which he offered up a prayer for the good of mankind. He then obeyed the divine admonition and built a vessel five stadia in length, and two in breadth. Into this he put everything which he had prepared, and last of all conveyed into it his wife, his children and his friends. After the flood had been upon the earth, and was in time abated, Xisuthrus sent out birds from the vessel; which finding no food, nor any place whereupon they might rest their feet, returned to him again. After an interval of some days, he sent them forth a second time; and they now returned with their feet tinged with mud. He made a trial a third time with these birds; but they returned to him no more: from whence he judged that the surface of the earth had appeared above the waters.

He therefore made an opening in the vessel, and upon looking out found that it was stranded upon the side of some mountains; upon which he immediately quitted it with his wife, his children, and the pilot. Xisuhrus then paid his adoration to the earth: and having constructed an altar, offered sacrifices to the Gods.”

It should be noted that the account of the deluge relayed in the tablets discovered by George Smith differ only very slightly from Berosus’ account, which differs only slightly from the story handed down by the Chaldean, Abraham, whose father ‘Terah’ was High Priest in the temple of the Chaldean city of Ur.

The flood of Noah didn’t come as a surprise. It had been preached on for four generations. Something strange happened when Enoch was 65, from which time “He walked with God.” Enoch was given a prophecy that as long as his firstborn son ‘Methuselah’ was alive, the judgement of the flood would be withheld, but as soon as he died, the flood would be sent forth.

Enoch named his firstborn to reflect this prophecy. The name Methuselah comes from two roots: muth, a root that means death, and from shalach, which means ‘To Bring’ or ‘To Send Forth.’ Thus, the name Methuselah signifies, ‘His Death Shall Bring.’ And, indeed, in the year that Methuselah died, the flood came.

Remembering that Abraham was the son of Terah the High priest of the temple in the Chaldean city of Ur, and he was, according to the erroneous Roman OT, 58 when Noah died, the question is now asked, could the Chaldean name ‘Arsates’ mean, ‘When he dies it will happen? And could the name ‘Xisuthrus’ have the same meaning as that of the name ‘Noah’, which is, “One who brings relief or comfort?”

The Chaldean month of Daesius, is the 2nd month, which corresponds with the biblical account that it was in the second month that the flood came. But there is a two-day discrepancy: the biblical account is the 17th day, [See Genesis 7: 11.] whereas the other is the 15th day.

These three flood accounts are so similar it becomes obvious that they originated from the one source. Another interesting similarity between the Chaldean deluge story and the one as handed down through the Hebrew, is that before the flood, people lived extraordinary long lives until the god/gods declared that man shall no longer live past a restricted age limit.

This signifies that the floods of both cultures mark the same transition in the history of the world, that being, the birth of the modern world.

The more that I am forced to look at the flood accounts, the more I am convinced that some catastrophic event occurred 4,500 years ago, which caused worldwide devastating floods and tsunamis, of which the more accurate account of the flood that devastated the civilized world of that day, can be found in the Hebrew culture that came down from the Chaldean Abraham, and his family, whose language and racial religion have remained intact for over 4,000 years.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 01:13 am
@TheCobbler,
Having revealed that the flood and other stories of the Babylonians were clearly plagiarized from the Hebrews, I will now respond to TheCobblers previous post.

TheCobbler wrote ….. I am not sure how the foolish shepherd fits into the story.

No, the other shepherd,

You know,

"The LORD is my shepherd ..."

And, the entire Gospel of Matthew is dedicated to the branch of Jesus as, "the shepherd king", this is why Matthew contains the royal linage and the stories accentuate that aspect of his ministry.

Gathering the flock and tenderly caring for them.

The Anointed Responds ….. The Lord is my Shepherd. But he is not the pope who is the foolish shepherd, that the Lord through his prophet Zechariah revealed that he was going to raise up in the land after he had abandoned his stubborn Jewish flock, that worthless Shepherd who falsely claims to be Jesus in the flesh, and when he speaks it is not he who speaks, but Jesus who speaks.

And the genealogy recorded in the Gospel of Matthew is the genealogy of Joseph the son of Jacob who married the already pregnant Mary, and has nothing to do with the genetic linage of Jesus the son of Joseph ben Heli.

This Joseph ben Jacob, who married the already pregnant Mary and who was only the foster-father of Jesus, was a descendant of Solomon through the cursed line of Jehoiachin, of whom we read in Jeremiah 22: 30; “This man is condemned to lose his children, to be a man who will never succeed. He will have “NO DESCENDANTS’ who will rule in Judah as David’s successor. I, the Lord, have spoken.” This, rules out the hope of any descendant of Jehoiachin ever sitting on the throne of David, whereas Jesus the son of Joseph ben Heli=Alexander Helios was a legitimate successor to that throne.

The Talmud states, "Whoever brings up an orphan in his home is regarded...as though the child had been born to him." (Sanhedrin 19b).” In other words, the adopted child is to be treated as a child born to the father of that house, which means, that Heli and his descendants, who were born from the genetic line of Nathan ‘the prophet,’ who was the adopted son of King David, were legitimate heirs to King David, although originally, not to the throne of Israel, as the prophesied Messiah had to come through the genetic line of Solomon.

Heli and his descendants only became heirs to the throne of David, through Nathan the adopted son of King David, when Naria, a descendant of Nathan, married Tamar, a female descendant of King Solomon, who bore to Naria a son by the name “Salathiel.” After the death of Naria, Tamar was taken to wife by King Jehoiachin, whose only biological son with Tamar, was Zedekiah who died prematurely in Childhood.

According to Torah law, Nathan the adopted son of King David, and Nathan’s descendants, were legitimate heirs of King David, but not in the ancestral line of the promised Messiah, who was to be born of the seed of Solomon, until Naria the descendant of Nathan coupled with Tamar the descendant of Solomon, to produce Salathiel the ancestor of Jesus, who has been made High Priest (From the tribe of Levi=Nathan) and King (From the tribe of Judah=Solomon) in the order of Melchizedek.

David Hughes the noted Genealogist of the Ancient World Lineages, states that King Jeconiah’s only son, with Queen Tamar, ‘Prince Zedekiah,’ died prematurely in childhood, and in 586 BCE King Zedekiah, the last king of Israel, whose original name Mattaniah, was the son of Josiah and the uncle of Jehoiachin. King Zedekiah/Mattaniah, was taken prisoner and his sons were executed in front of him, after which, his eyes were gouged out, and there in Babylon, he remained blinded in exile for the rest of his life and it appeared that the entire royal lineage of King David through God’s chosen son, Solomon, had been exterminated.

With all the known direct lineages of male heirs to the lineage of King Solomon the son of King David and Bathsheba now extinct, Queen Tamar II became the dynastic heiress preserving not only the Lineage of King Solomon, but also became the inter-dynastic link, or the vital crossover heiress merging the non-royal Nathan lineage with the royal lineages of King Solomon. With the addition of Tamar representing the mainline descendants of King David, we now can understand the linkage between the two prime royal and non-royal lineages to the ancestry of the Jewish Messiah Yehoshua ben Yosef (Jesus son of Joseph ben Alexander Helios a descendant of Nathan).

Jesus carried in his genes the potent fusion of Davidian and Zadokian bloodlines. He carried the potent bloodline of the royal mantle as a Priest-King of Israel and the messianic mantle as the Maschiach Yisra’el (Messiah of Israel) of the House of David.

Hebrew 5: 10; “And God declared him (Jesus) to be high priest according to the priestly order of Melchizedek.” Melchizedek held the titles of both King and high priest. Hebrew 5: 5; “In the same way, Christ did not take upon himself the honor of being high priest. Instead, God said to him, ‘You are my Son; TODAY I have become your Father.’”
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 11:06 am
@The Anointed,
All Christians are Jesus in the flesh... that is why they have "Christ in" them...

It seems you are often more wrong than you are right and your apparent hate for others is simply a testament to how shallow a person you can be.

The pope has done more good for the world than you have. Yet you feel it is your place to criticize him purely out of your faulty religious assumption and ill begotten sentiments.

Every Christian is supposedly the earthly embodiment of Jesus Christ.

Given that it seems your worthless shepherd theory is a bunch of hogwash.

Something to start a stupid war over and murder more innocent people.

You take some arbitrary obscure scripture, use it to wrongly accuse others and make abhorrent insinuations.

All based upon faulty dogma.

The pope is your brother in Christ, like it or not, as is the same with all Christians they are the living embodiment of Jesus in the flesh.

From glory to glory.

Your twisting of the scriptures leads you to many terrible places of hatred and wrong teaching.

This Pope is not the "worthless shepherd", if that is the case then that makes you something much more worthless.

And, I am not a Roman Catholic, I was raised protestant but I respect good deeds and the Pope has done many of them...

While you spew out this poison and lies.

Your theology is obsolete if you understand a grandiose message all to use that to draw the wrong conclusions.

There is no difference between Protestants and Catholics, only in doctrines that are subject to personal interpretation and choice. Both have errant beliefs.

As long as the outcome of those doctrines is love, ...and I see more love and charity coming out of the Catholic church than I do out of the evangelical crazies.

From Matthew 7:15–20 (KJV):
Ye shall know them by their fruit. ... A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

Comment:
So, who really is the worthless shepherd?
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 11:40 am
@The Anointed,
I was taught that the universe is a bubble with a shell of water around it.

But, I don't know, I have never been outside the universe that I know of or remember.

Baptism came from Babylon, (I use Babylon as a generality) people were water baptized into the Ishtar cult long before the Bible used it. Water baptism also dates far back in China.

As for the flood, I don't believe any biblical God causes weather abnormalities.

I am an agnostic and if I am ever going to believe in a God or as i prefer to call them "higher powers", I would believe in the earth and sun as both being higher powers. So then yes, the earth and sun surely cause the weather. The earth speaks to me through the wind and climate. The sun represents my mind process.

I can see the earth and sun... I can study them scientifically. They are always present even, on a cloudy day I know they are near.
As for invisible gods who write hell and brimstone books, I have very little to no trust in them.

I believe in human angels...

I have many higher powers and do not consider myself too highly among them...

So, I guess you could call me a polytheist.

The earth, the sun. light and energy... The universe, and perhaps whatever is beyond. But what is beyond is only theoretical but I do not see that as being in the image of humans... but maybe there is a possibility of consciousness.

The earth is certainly alive and the sun I suspect is a living being also.

The sun's rays are always in contact with my body even when the sun is on the other side of the earth. This is what I would expect from a god, yet it is the sun I can see and there is a verity of its omni "presence".

I am more inclined to worship the status of the sun than I am a God that is used by humans to promote their brand of hate, superiority and elitism.

The sun is the presence I feel and the earth is also a "God" to me.

The earth and sun are my creator, life-giver and source of inspiration, and they will exist long after I am gone.

Polytheism is my religion of choice.

I truly believe the earth and sun are conscious and living beings. Are they eternal?

They are part of a regenerative cycle that seems to have no beginning or end. The big bang only being a part of their regenerative process.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 12:45 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
The earth is certainly alive and the sun I suspect is a living being also.

Ah come on man, that's too New Agey even for you Cobbler. Have you ever done the research on how critical all the physics parameters are for a Star to work as it does? It IS awesome, but it doesn't mean it is 'alive'.

As Al the proprietor of that infamous bar and brothel in Deadwood would say, 'Don't be a dirt worshiper'.

0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 04:27 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote ….. I was taught that the universe is a bubble with a shell of water around it.

The Anointed Responds ….. Well I don’t know who taught you that, it certainly was not any modern day scientist, who haven’t a clue as to whether the universe is finite or infinite. Perhaps you might be confused with the firmament that God create in which the sun, moon and planets of our solar system were created.

The creation of the firmament is associated with the placement of some sort of structure, and in some modern Bibles many modern scholars translate the Hebrew word raqia as a "dome" or "vault". The Hebrew language appears to imply that the firmament is a firm, fixed structure (FIRMament, which can now be seen as the spherical cloud of comets (Icy vault) in which our solar system was created from the solar nebula cloud that was divided from the greater galactic nebula cloud.

Unlike the orbits of the planets and the Kuiper Belt, which are pretty flat like a disk, the Oort Cloud is a spherical shell surrounding everything in our solar system. It's like a bubble with a thick shell. The Oort Cloud is made up of icy pieces of space debris.

The Oort cloud, or the Opik-Oort cloud, which is named after Jan Oort, is a spherical cloud that surrounds our solar system, a cloud of predominantly icy objects such as comets that are comprised of mainly hydrogen, oxygen=water, ammonia and methane, and extends up to about a light year from the sun and defines the cosmographical boundary of our Solar System and the region of the suns gravitational dominance. Here is the Firmament, the great spherical vault within which is found the sun, moons and planets of our solar system, the dome of ice above and around us.

The Lord God our savior, revealed to Moses thousands of years ago that the firmament in which our sun, moon and planets were created, was itself created in the second generation of the universe.

For the word of God can be likened to a star that’s being ever brightened
By the mind of man reaching ever higher, but those who deviate, they’re liars
In God’s word man’s mind can grow, but those outside, they’re like the snow
That settles on the desert sand and will melt away before ‘I AM’.

It would have been a waste of time trying to explain to Moses how the solar system came into being, instead Moses received the basics of how it was created, the firmament first, then the planets, and how life had begun to evolve on earth before, last of all, the sun burst into light and life. Knowing that the evolving mind of man, from which He, ‘The Son of Man’ was born, would fill in the gaps.

To be continued.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2021 10:17 pm
@TheCobbler,
You say that the pope has done more good for the world than I have.

Matey, I have never burned heretics at the stake, nor had all the uncountable women killed as witches on the accusations of they husbands who had found younger more beautiful partners, and what of William Tyndale who translated the Latin vulgate into English so others could also understand was written in the bible, he was condemned as a heretic and executed by order of the Roman pope, and John Wycliffe who is said to have translated the New Testament into English.

The Council of Constance declared Wycliffe a heretic on 4 May 1415, and banned his writings, effectively both excommunicating him retroactively and making him an early forerunner of Protestantism. The Council decreed that Wycliffe's works should be burned and his bodily remains removed from consecrated ground. This order, confirmed by Pope Martin V, was carried out in 1428.[9] Wycliffe's corpse was exhumed and burned and the ashes cast into the River Swift, which flows through Lutterworth.

And what about the Spanish inquisition hey, people like me, who stand for the truth, wouldn’t have lasted 10 minutes there.

Would you do as the bishops in that church do, and suck up to the pope and kiss his holy ring?

You have no understanding of what the popes are guilty of in the past, and you neither know all Christians, neither do you know the Christ of who it is prophesied through his prophets as seen below.

So, let me introduce you to the savior of those who believe on him.

Zechariah 14: The Lord will gather all the nations together to make war on Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses Looted, and the women raped. Half the people will go into exile, but the rest of them will not be taken away from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he has fought in times Past. (This has not yet happened)

Numbers 24: 17, "A king, like a bright star, will arise in that Nation. Like a comet he will come from Israel. He will strike the leaders of Moab and beat down all the people of Seth. He will conquer his enemies in Edom and make their land his property. While Israel continues victorious. The Nation of Israel will trample them down and wipe out the last survivors."

Zechariah 12: 10; "They will look upon me and see the one who they pierced, and they shall mourn for him as one mourns for an only child etc."
To see the man Jesus, who they pierced, is to see the Lord our savior, who revealed himself through his earthly host body, ‘The Man Jesus.”

Isaiah 63: 1-6, "Who is this coming from the city of Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord, powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?"

The Lord answers, "I have trampled the nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I DECIDED THAT THE TIME TO SAVE MY PEOPLE HAD COME; it was time to punish their enemies.

I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole nations and shattered them, I poured out their life’s blood on the earth."

See Zechariah 14. The Lord will come to fight for his people Israel as he has fought in times past and from within the inner most sanctuary of his tabernacle (The kingdom of God is within you) which temporary tabernacle/tent is the body of mankind, he will fight the enemies of Israel; those Nations who surround Jerusalem in their attempt to drive God's chosen people into the sea.

The African tectonic plate in its northern migration, grinds against the Arabian plate in a line that runs up through the Red Sea and along the Jordon valley beneath the Mount of Olives.

Zechariah 14: 3-4; Then the Lord will go out and fight for his people as he has fought in times past. At that time he will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two, from east to west by a large valley. Half of the mountain (On the African plate) will move northward, and half of it (On the Arabian plate) will move southward.

Could the violent activity around the earth at this time, be the trigger that will cause the super volcano beneath Yellow stone to erupt, enveloping the planet in a cloud of debris? And that day shall be neither day nor night, but a perpetual twilight.

Zechariah 14: 6; And it shall come to pass in that day, (The Lord’s Day of one thousand years) that the light shall not be clear or dark: and it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that evening time it shall be light. On that day there will be neither sunlight nor cold frosty darkness. On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter. The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name

Zechariah 14: 13; Then the Lord will throw those nations that surround Jerusalem, into a state of total confusion, and the weapons of destruction with which they would destroy Israel, he will cause them to turn upon their own allies and they shall suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh, cooked to the bone, will slide from their bodies while still standing. Then all the surviving Nations will send their representatives each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship and pay tribute to the Lord who will rule the whole world with justice for a thousand years, and woe betide those who refuse to do so.

Then all the godless people of this world, and all those, who in their Synagogues, Mosques, and Cathedrals of stone, marble, or crystal, who prostate themselves on the floors or who sing and dance with their eyes and hands raised to the heavens in worship of a god they neither know or understand, will bow down and worship THE God of the Bible, the Most High in the creation, ‘The Son of Man’ who evolves from the body of mankind.

It is in that thousand years of peace that all our resources will be used to prepare for the ultimate destruction of all physical life forms that remain on this planet. Knowing that which is to occur after the one thousand year Sabbath, when heavenly fire incinerate the surface of the earth, with the great wealth that will be paid in tribute by the nations of the world during that thousand year rule of our king and high priest, genetic banks of all physical life forms will be created, (The Ark) and sent to a place of safety in order that when the incinerated earth is once again able to sustain physical life forms, Plants will be planted, animals will be created anew, and when the system for the sustainability of mankind has been put in place, the Lord, our brother, king, and high priest will say, "And now, let us make man in our image and likeness." And a new and more humble Race of men will people this earth.

"Under the guidance of Jupiter (Planet) man prepares, by means of religious exercises, for the journey to the life beyond, and he attains rest under the influence of Saturn." (Basra Encyclopedia)- De Boer, Philosophy in Islam, p 88.

The water ocean on Enceladus, a moon that orbits the planet Saturn, is about 6 miles (10 kilometers) deep and lies beneath a shell of ice 19 to 25 miles (30 to 40 km) thick, researchers said. Further, it's in direct contact with a rocky seafloor, theoretically making possible all kinds of complex chemical reactions — such as, perhaps, the kind that led to the rise of life on Earth.

The heat coming from that rocky seafloor, which can maintain an ocean of water 10 kilometres deep, beneath a 30 t0 40 km shell of ice, would be like the heat of the hot thermal vents 6 miles beneath the surface of earth’s oceans, where sunlight does not and cannot reach, around which hot thermal vents untold life forms have evolved.

"The world being melted and re-entered into the bosom of Jupiter, this God continues for some time totally concentered in himself: . . . afterwards we see a new world spring from him, perfect in all its parts; animals are produced anew; an innocent race of man is formed under more favourable auspices, in order to people this earth." " Seneca, Epist, 9, and Qucest. Nat. L. 3, c, ult.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 07:12 am
@The Anointed,
The "current" Pope (you knw what I meant) has done more for people than you have. A LOT MORE. Once again, you twist and contort things to fit your "hate".

Catholic Relief Services is the 10th largest charity in the world.

ALSAC - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is the 6th largest charity in the world.

What is your charity?

The US president has slept with porn stars, oh, that was the last president, hold the guillotine!

And what have protestants done for people? They have burnt people at the stake, slowly and mercilessly ripped off their arms and legs in the name of YOUR loving God. Spread hate and division all over the globe in the name of YOUR firebrand dark ages religious CRAP!

So following your logic, all Christians are evil because of the Salem witch trials... where innocent people were persecuted and hung. Christians are all the same!

Germany killed 6 million Jews so bomb them now! (cynical)

Does your brain even function?

The LORD will fight for his people yea, he will rip people's arms and legs off, murder children and pregnant woman in their beds, burn entire cities to the ground, wipe out their ethnicity.. because the LORD is so loving, kind and tender.

You're sick. Get help. Do you use that same brain to look yourself in the mirror each day? Pitiful and shameful.

I knew you couldn't reason, you are too far gone, used to living in your religious dogma crap. The truth is not in you, neither is the spirit of God..

Your ability to discern is nearly non existent.

Raised on Christian junk food, malnourished and diseased, rotten to the core...

The last Pope was deposed because he thought he could masquerade the same brand of Christian idiocy that you try and pass of as "the truth".
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 12:14 pm
"Death Cults" Fake Christians promoting lies about the Corona virus vaccine.

Who else does this term seem to fit here?

A certain poster who is most often posting doom and gloom scriptures, touting the end of the world while handing out threatening judgements?

Death Cult... Yea that fits the ticket.

John 10:10
King James Version
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 05:09 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
Would you do as the bishops in that church do, and suck up to the pope and kiss his holy ring?

I wouldn't. And I would have to ask those who engage in such things just who it was that granted them their smallness.
The Anointed

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2021 06:47 pm
@TheCobbler,
So, you admit that the popes who claimed to be Jesus in the flesh, and the shepherd of God's people, were an unsavoury lot, but you refuse to accept the words of the Lord who spoke through his prophet Zechariah, saying that he would raise up in the land, a foolish shepherd after he had abandoned the Jews.

The Catholic church would be one of the richest organisations around, but you say that it is only the 10th largest charity in the world, and they rely on donations from the public, and not from the Popes treasury.

Having looked up the Top Ten US Charitable Foundations, The Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation is the tenth.

It was through the efforts of Danny Thomas, a Lebanese American and a few friends that the construction of the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital began, which was named after Thomas’s patron saint, Jude, a member of the family of Mary the mother of Jesus.

Danny Thomas also founded the American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities (ALSAC) which has the responsibility of raising the necessary funds to keep the hospital open. And the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is not a Catholic hospital and is a secular institution not affiliated with any religious organization.

What did any pope have to do with that? You appear to talk through the same orifice through which you expel the rest of your rubbish.

You ask; “What is your charity”? MY charitable contributions go mainly to my children, grand children and great grand children and close relatives, in order that they do not have to rely on other charities, plus I try to help any that happen to cross my path, who have needs. What a wonderful world it would be if everyone did the same, we would then have no need for charitable organisations.

TheCobbler wrote ….. And what have protestants done for people? They have burnt people at the stake, slowly and mercilessly ripped off their arms and legs in the name of YOUR loving God. Spread hate and division all over the globe in the name of YOUR firebrand dark ages religious CRAP!

The Anointed …… I’ve just had a quick look for the evidence to reveal what you believe the protestants have done to the people, but could only find where the Protestants were condemned and burned by the Roman church of Emperor Constantine, people such as Joan of Arc, who was condemned and burned in France in 1431, and in 1555, the protestant Bishops Hugh Latimer, Nicholas Ridley, and John Hooper were condemned as heretics and burned at the stake in Oxford England.

Persecution of Protestants under Mary I (1553–1558). The relationship between the English church and Rome was restored at the accession of Queen Mary I to the English throne in 1553. With her repeal of all religious legislation passed under Edward VI, Protestants faced a choice: exile, reconciliation/conversion, or punishment. Many people were exiled, and hundreds of dissenters were burned at the stake, earning her the nickname of "Bloody Mary". The number of people executed for their faith during the persecutions is thought to be at least 287, including 56 women. Thirty others died in prison.

But I will let you read for yourself the blood thirsty act of the church that you and the atheists on this forum defend. Ah well, the Anti-Christ has need of supporters to defend his bride the Great woman who sits on the seven hills of Rome.

Gotto Go for now mate, be back later to respond to your dribble.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 12:31 am
@Glennn,
I have read your profile and was quite taken with it, hope to hear more of you.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 05:13 am
@The Anointed,
Two small peas in a pod...

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=topten.detail&listid=24

And there are sure a lot of nuns that work at St Jude's hospital.

And Catholic Charities is non profit.

And what the pope does with his treasury is none of your business I am sure there is not a single dime there that belonged to you.

Protestants voted for the Nazi party substantially more than Catholics did. (Wikipedia)

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 05:59 am
The Protestant Inquisition

2. The Double Standard of Protestant Anti-Catholic "Inquisition Polemics" (John Stoddard)
"Religious persecution usually continues till one of two causes rises to repress it. One is the sceptical notion that all religions are equally good or equally worthless; the other is an enlightened spirit of tolerance, exercised towards all varieties of sincere opinion . . . inspired by the conviction that it is useless to endeavor to compel belief in any form of religion whatsoever. Unhappily this enlightened, tolerant spirit is of slow growth, and never has been conspicuous in history, but if it be asserted that very few Catholics in the past have been inspired by it, the same thing can be said of Protestants.
"This fact is forgotten by Protestants. They read blood-curdling stories of the Inquisition and of atrocities committed by Catholics, but what does the average Protestant know of Protestant atrocities in the centuries succeeding the Reformation? Nothing, unless he makes a special study of the subject . . . Yet they are perfectly well known to every scholar . . . If I do not enumerate here the persecutions carried on by Catholics in the past, it is because it is not necessary in this book to do so. This volume is addressed especially to Protestants, and Catholic persecutions are to them sufficiently well known . . .
"Now granting for the sake of argument, that all that is usually said of Catholic persecutions is true, the fact remains that Protestants, as such, have no right to denounce them, as if such deeds were characteristic of Catholics only. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones . . .
"It is unquestionable . . . that the champions of Protestantism - Luther, Calvin, Beza, Knox, Cranmer and Ridley - advocated the right of the civil authorities to punish the `crime' of heresy . . . Rousseau says truly:
"`The Reformation was intolerant from its cradle, and its authors were universal persecutors' . . .
Auguste Comte also writes:
"`The intolerance of Protestantism was certainly not less tyrannical than that with which Catholicism is so much reproached.' (Philosophie Positive, vol.4, p.51).
"What makes, however, Protestant persecutions specially revolting is the fact that they were absolutely inconsistent with the primary doctrine of Protestantism - the right of private judgment in matters of religious belief! Nothing can be more illogical than at one moment to assert that one may interpret the Bible to suit himself, and at the next to torture and kill him for having done so!
"Nor should we ever forget that . . . the Protestants were the aggressors, the Catholics were the defenders. The Protestants were attempting to destroy the old, established Christian Church, which had existed 1500 years, and to replace it by something new, untried and revolutionary. The Catholics were upholding a Faith, hallowed by centuries of pious associations and sublime achievements; the Protestants, on the contrary, were fighting for a creed . . . which already was beginning to disintegrate into hostile sects, each of which, if it gained the upper hand, commenced to persecute the rest! . . . All religious persecution is bad; but in this case, of the two parties guilty of it, the Catholics certainly had the more defensible motives for their conduct.
"At all events, the argument that the persecutions for heresy, perpetrated by the Catholics, constitute a reason why one should not enter the Catholic Church, has not a particle more force than a similar argument would have against one's entering the Protestant Church. In both there have been those deserving of blame in this respect, and what applies to one applies also to the other."
The Anointed

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2021 07:58 pm
@TheCobbler,
Revelation 17:5; “On her forehead was written a name that has 'A SECRET MEANING': “Great Babylon, the mother of all the prostitutes and perverts in the world.”

So, what is the secret meaning behind the name ‘Great Babylon’?

Revelation 17: 9; “This calls for wisdom and understanding. The seven heads are seven hills, on which the woman sits.”

To understand who this woman is, we have to look for the symbolic woman dressed in purple and scarlet, and covered with gold ornaments, precious stones, and pearls. In whose hand she holds a gold cup full of obscene and filthy things, the result of her immorality. A symbolic woman who is drunk with the blood of God's people and the blood of those who were killed because they had been loyal to Jesus. The great prostitutes who sits on the seven hills.

Where would we look for something which is symbolic of a woman that sits on seven hills, and is seen to be the mother of the many harlot daughters who were spawned in her body before coming out to establish families of their own?

One would expect those daughters to be true to the teachings of their mother body, and to also inherit her characteristics, as you (TheCobbler) have revealed in your spruik concerning the protestant church, which broke away from the church that sits on the seven hills of Rome.

Revelation 18: 4-8. Then I heard a voice from heaven saying; --------

Come out of her my people
Do not share in her sins
You must not share her punishment
For her judgement day has come.

Her sins are piled to heaven
And God recalls her evil ways
She says “I am no widow
And I’ll never see the grave.”

Because of that, in just one day
Disease will strike her down
Plagues and famine she’ll receive
Until she’s finally burned.

You must pay her back twofold
For all that she has done
Fill her cup as she filled yours
But make it twice as strong.

For all the glory she has claimed
And all her luxury
Must be repaid this very day
With pain and misery.
farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 08:16 am
@The Anointed,
some nun kick your ass once?
Glennn

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 09:29 am
@farmerman,
His point might be that popes are just ordinary people. And, just like ordinary people, some are no less willing to ignore the disgusting things that go on right under their noses than any other corrupt and perverted individuals with something to hide.

It's a shame that other human beings believe that someone like that is better than them, or is more spiritual than them . . . or has anything at all useful to say.
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 09:40 am
@The Anointed,
Calling Great Babylon a harlot is just another propaganda slander tool created by monotheists. The same monotheists who perpetrated horrific genocides and boasted about it in their jihadist style "holy" books.

Because people disagreed with their narrow definition of what God is.

People who murdered entire swaths of people while boasting about their moral lawgiver God.

Today this same rabid idiot religious faction uses terror and more Armageddon style end-of-the-world fear mongering to try and bend people to their sick demented irrational dogma.

Who is the mother of harlots? Really?

How many slave woman did Solomon and other "kings" have in their harems? And this is the source of great "wisdom" and morality? Cut the baby in half?

You have a blind side TA that only sees what it wants to see while covering for the bloody deeds of despicable men and their abominable gods.

The seven hills of Rome you toss that term about as if it means something sinister.

Rome most often subdued their enemies through alliances, they rarely if ever "utterly destroy" every living soul.

Rome also had laws and a government that was for the most part secular in nature. a government republic/democracy that we still use today. They were not a bunch of clerics pretending to know God's will.

You twist nasty things to create some ignorant rosy picture of the old testament.

Only when Rome devolved into absolute monarchies (much like clerical rule) did its government become oppressive and hostile.

It was King Herod who had Jesus crucified, not Rome.

Just consider that the next time you go spouting off about how bad Rome (and its seven hills) was.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 09:53 am
@Glennn,
That is not what the Bible says, the Bible says, "we are changed into Christ's image" and "we stand in Christ's stead".

You can't have it both ways.

You can't have "anointed people" on one hand and then say oh, but them over there, they are just "ordinary people".

The current pope does not try and bolster his Christ image, on the contrary he is more like the servant aspect of Jesus.

He serves Christ's people with charity and words of acceptance and love.

Now, if he were the opposite I would find fault but he is clearly not. He is a good shepherd... He is a very kind, thoughtful and caring person. Human, none the less, but the best kind of human.

Unlike many protestants who revel in prophecies of destruction, and run around trying to make people feel guilty. This Pope builds peaceful alliances within society and lives by good deeds rather than empty evangelical words and heartless dogma.

Every Christian has the right to claim divinity through Jesus, including the Pope.

Do we have divinity through Jesus?

Well, that is the crux of this whole discussion thread... What is soul/spirit?