What is the soul?

Glennn

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 10:18 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
You can't have "anointed people" on one hand and then say oh, but them over there, they are just "ordinary people".

I've called no one anointed. However, I did call the pope an ordinary person.

Going further:

Prior to his election by the papal conclave, the role of Jorge Maria Bergoglio in Argentina’s “Dirty War” was known and documented. It was known to the US State Department. It must have been known to one or more of the 115 “Cardinal Electors” of the Papal Conclave which convened at the Sistine Chapel on March 12, 2013. Needless to say, both the Catholic Hierarchy and the international community turned a blind eye. And the media through “omission” has remained silent.

Jorge Mario Bergoglio not only supported the military dictatorship, he also played a direct and complicit role in the “Dirty War” (la guerra sucia”) in liaison with the military Junta headed by General Jorge Videla, leading to the arrest, imprisonment, torture and disappearance of progressive Catholic priests and laymen who were opposed to Argentina’s military rule.

“While the two priests Francisco Jalics y Orlando Yorio, kidnapped by the death squads in May 1976 were released five months later. after having been tortured, six other people associated within their parish kidnapped as part of the same operation were “disappeared” (desaparecidos).”

In a bitter irony, the two priests sent to the torture chamber were committed to the Theology of Liberation against which Bergoglio at the time was firmly opposed.

Lest we forget, shortly after his investiture in March 2013, Pope Francis was described by the British media of having brought “Liberation Theology into the Vatican”, in the footsteps of Francis of Assisi.

That was a nonsensical statement (“fake news”): In 1976, Bergoglio’s intent (in liaison with the military junta) was to crush Liberation Theology.

In 2005, human rights lawyer Myriam Bregman filed a criminal suit against Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, accusing him of conspiring with the military junta in the 1976 kidnapping of two Jesuit priests.

Several years later, the survivors of the “Dirty War” openly accused Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of complicity in the kidnapping of priests Francisco Jalics y Orlando Yorio as well six members of their parish (who were disappeared), (El Mundo, 8 November 2010)

(Image Left: Jorge Mario Bergoglio and General Jorge Videla)

All this was known prior to his investiture. Why was it not revealed to the broader public? Catholics around the World are totally unaware of “Who Was Pope Francis I”, Jorge Mario Bergoglio.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

It is you who cannot have it both ways.

Perhaps this guy found religion or something, and your faith in his goodness is justified. Who knows?
TheCobbler

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 02:01 pm
@Glennn,
I am not sure that I believe all that Argentina war reporting and character assassination stuff or that I perceive the exact circumstances.

Sometimes a person has to support the better of two evils, or maybe he had little choice at the time.

Considering that even then, his priestly order was still one of service to the people (and evidently still is), I tend to give the man the benefit of the doubt.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2021 02:02 pm
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/235540297_10221461070256948_8985560661185251413_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-4&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Eek2MKVoApsAX-Vp-Zs&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=96901f23ee140ce639a2cd86be5502b7&oe=61387EC3
0 Replies