6

What is the soul?

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 06:54 am
@TheCobbler,
According to the book of Genesis, Satan told Eve, "her eyes would be opened" if she ate the apple.

Genesis 3:5 KJV
For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Comment:
The book of Ephesians tells us the spirit will open the eyes of our understanding...

Ephesians 1:18 KJV
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Comment:
Is that also a lie?

To reason truth with your eyes closed and your understanding darkened is travesty.

I absolutely love this.

I’ve previously written that I believed it was God's desire all along for A&E to 'eat of that fruit'. But I never saw this particular scriptural evidence before! Bravo!

And good reasoning too!

Except that you didn’t specify the First lie. What did you mean?
TheCobbler

1  
Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 01:10 pm
@Leadfoot,
The person I was responding to said the first scripture from Genesis was a lie from Satan.
Leadfoot

2  
Reply Tue 25 May, 2021 01:36 pm
@TheCobbler,
Yes, I see now. Another lie but from a different source.

Although from my/your (?) POV, both were true.
TheCobbler

1  
Reply Fri 28 May, 2021 08:52 am
@Leadfoot,
My point is, if the Bible allows Satan to impersonate God from the very first scriptures, while putting the blame on humanity(woman), how many other lies are there in the book? Who and what can you trust from that point on?

Fool me once...
Jasper10

1  
Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 01:12 am
@chai2,
SELF can pilot the body if it is able to gain sufficient awareness to take control of the consciousness states otherwise it remains a prisoner of them.
Jasper10

1  
Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 01:16 am
@Jasper10,
If SELF can’t take control it remains totally helpless “toggling” between the consciousness states.TOTALLY UNAWARE that this is the case.

Leadfoot

1  
Reply Sat 29 May, 2021 05:28 am
@TheCobbler,
My point is, if the Bible allows Satan to impersonate God from the very first scriptures...
I see what you mean, I think.

When I said 'God wanted A & E to have the knowledge of good and evil', I was not implying that Satan was impersonating God. It was more a case of God head-faking Satan into helping God accomplish His goal.