What is the soul?

farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 08:13 am
@The Anointed,
do you believe that n Intelligent Designer is responsible for life (OR MORE?)
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 01:32 pm
I just hope I live beyond the day they find life on another planet. Microbes, likely. I want to see explanations of how a god figured it would plant its seed around the universe, creating these tiny things for the hell of it.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 04:30 pm
@farmerman,
Have anyone noticed that fm can never answer any question as to the beginnings or end to the creation? and yet it expects an answer from me, which I am more than happy to supply.

Yep! I believe that the space ship evolved from the wheel according to intelligent design over many thousands of years and many millions of creations leading up until the day that all the technology and support systems were in place for the creation of the very first space ship.

After that, it took no time at all to create more ships, relative to the time taken for the first ship to evolve through intelligent design. Much the same as the time taken for the fist human to evolve by intelligent design, once everything was in place for the sustainability for man and his procreation, it only took 9 months to created another, but of course the complex and intricate intelligent design that goes into the creation of a human baby, is far beyond the intelligence of any human scientist to even begin to grasp.

I suppose the reason that you don't answer any question as to the beginning and end of this particular generation of the universe, is because, you really don't have a clue, as everyone, apart from your thumbs up atheist mates, realise.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 04:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
Many say that ‘Science’ says it’s inevitable, but what if it ain’t?

I’ve already placed my marker on Mars (no life) based on the theory that an intelligent creator would not put that seed on a dead end planet.

Mars had enough time and water to support those microbes, if they are as easy to make as some say.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 05:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
The search on Mars is just getting started. There are some other probables for life in the solar system as well.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 05:49 pm
@Leadfoot,
I don't recall any scientists calling it easy. Just inevitable, given the right conditions.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 09:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
Adam- Hebrew= 'Man of the red earth.'
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 09:15 pm
@The Anointed,
There was no specific Adam as in the Bible. Purely a fable.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 10:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
There was no specific Adam as in the Bible. Purely a fable. Or so says the atheist who thumbs up fm his mate in hopelessness.

Enjoy the rest of your hopeless life old mate.
farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 10:57 pm
@The Anointed,
You dont even unerstand how industrial archeology is conducted. We usually start with things we DO know . The history of rockets i more related to very rudimentary chemistry and we have a fairly detailed knowledge of propellants during the Tang Dynasty , through greek fire, Congreve Rockets, Robrt Goddard, V-2 propellants and our own ballistics and Soviets rocketry programs both of which were havily based on NAzi technology. That vience is mostly historic. The evidence in paleo and paleogenetics and molecular biology and organic chem is circumstantial when it comes to origins and evolution. Consequently the tracings through time are more subject to discovery and replecating lab experimnts

I wonder how youre mind works to make these spontaneous and stupid analogies. you try to make me believe that youve got anIQ higher than room temperature and then you go and assert these dumbass analogies and iyou defecate any cred you may have had

Even you should try not to sound too dumb, otherwise youll be making up similar " schmendrick science"stories about how Cain's wife was created by quantum anthropology.

maybe someone out there will buy yer ****, (oh wait, you already did by a loaf didnt you?)

farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 11:07 pm
This was my first contribution to this thread that a begun by our shoelady 5 years ago.
WHAT IS THE SOUL?
Quote:

Quote:
To be good soldiers of Christ and good Catholics Sister Atilla (the nun) demanded that, in fourth grade, we write about our souls. She wanted us to describe our souls and what it meant to our love of Jesus and the ole man.
Well, I always envisioned a soul to have a form that my older cousin Rip told me about(he was in the fifth grade).
I deduced that A soul was this thing, it was like a little body that was all covered with mazola all over and was without any clothes on so it could run up and rub against other souls and this would be fun when older souls got around each other. He said that boy an girl souls would rub against each other and pretty much theyd keep each other occupied. Iwrote up something to that effect and my mom was quite shocked at how Id gone and become this evil minded kid whos
gonna go to hell.
She told me that a soul was more like a box that God kept stacked in a huge room until we die and then the little guy inside the box, who would be me-well,my ghost . He would come out nd live a life forever worshipping God and Jesus and Mary.

I liked the whole thing that rip told me much better so I made a sort of hybrid version of the two concepts and even kept the mazola in there.
Sister Atillah smacked my knuckles and sent me to Father Stanush for penance.

Rather than making a big deal about it, Father Stan let me off with a coupla Hail Marys and a "perfect act of contrition' and to make a firm commitment to God denouncing the practice of "Self abuse" (I had no idea at the time what self-abuse even was, I thought I was promising not to ever slice up my arms or beat myself with a stick)
Sister Atillah, shes The bitch.
Even back then we used to hav fun in these threads and no penis-brain would come on line to try to conflate religion-politics-an science into one massive word salad(That is, until the"nointed one" shows up and makes believe biology and cosmology are served up via a Bible)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2021 11:20 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

There was no specific Adam as in the Bible. Purely a fable. Or so says the atheist who thumbs up fm his mate in hopelessness.

Enjoy the rest of your hopeless life old mate.

Farmerman knows his **** by hard work and experience. You dox around like the Wizard of Oz, prepared to lift off in your balloon after wearing out your stay on yet another forum. Learn a little humility. Try to learn something. You will find it gets easier the more you try.
The Anointed

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 01:04 am
@edgarblythe,
You are correct in saying that Farmerman knows his ****, thank you for defining what he knows.
Jasper10

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 01:32 am
@The Anointed,
sorry...lol.....I'm loving this sparring....That was a low blow the Anointed....Keep it to Kingsbury rules...Over to you Farmerman.
The Anointed

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 01:59 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper wrote ..... I'm loving this sparring....That was a low blow the Anointed....Keep it to Kingsbury rules...Over to you Farmerman.

Farmerman wrote ..... Even back then we used to hav fun in these threads and no penis-brain would come on line to try to conflate religion-politics-an science into one massive word salad(That is, until the"nointed one" shows up and makes believe biology and cosmology are served up via a Bible)

penis-brain??? Kingsbury rules??? And that is nothing compared to the foul mouthed atheists insults that are aimed at me, a believer, a thorn in their side who they want off this forum, those atheists that you appear to be in love with. Put your thumb up for Fm.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2021 03:11 am
@farmerman,
Every serious scientist, among who, you cannot be counted, know where to find the origin of this universe, which apparently you are blind to.

I don't know what your IQ is, but like I have said before, I'll bet it starts with a decimal point.

Ignoramus's who condemn the scriptures as fairy tales without having ever read them, let alone studied them, wouldn't have a clue as to the wife of Cain, so let me educate you, who are totally ignorant to the scriptures.

Jubilees 2: 1-11; And in the third week in the second jubilee [64-70 A.M.] she gave birth to Cain, and in the fourth [71-77 A.M.] she gave birth to Abel, and in the fifth [78-84 A.M.] she gave birth to her daughter Âwân.

And in the first (year) of the third jubilee [99-105 A.M.], Cain slew Abel because (God) accepted the sacrifice of Abel, and did not accept the offering of Cain.

And he slew him in the field: and his blood cried from the ground to heaven, complaining because he had slain him.

And the Lord reproved Cain because of Abel, because he had slain him, and he made him a fugitive on the earth because of the blood of his brother, and he cursed him upon the earth.

And on this account it is written on the heavenly tables, 'Cursed is he who smites his neighbour treacherously, and let all who have seen and heard say, So be it; and the man who has seen and not declared (it), let him be accursed as the other.'

And for this reason we announce when we come before the Lord our God all the sin which is committed in heaven and on earth, and in light and in darkness, and everywhere.

And Adam and his wife mourned for Abel four weeks of years, [99-127 A.M] and in the fourth year of the fifth week [130 A.M.] they became joyful, and Adam knew his wife again, and she bare him a son, and he called his name Seth; for he said 'GOD has raised up a second seed unto us on the earth instead of Abel; for Cain slew him.'

And in the sixth week [134-40 A.M.] he begat his daughter Azûrâ.

And Cain took Âwân his sister to be his wife and she bare him Enoch at the close of the fourth jubilee. [190-196 A.M.] And in the first year of the first week of the fifth jubilee, [197 A.M.] houses were built on the earth, and Cain built a city, and called its name after the name of his son Enoch.

And Adam knew Eve his wife and she bare yet nine sons.

And in the fifth week of the fifth jubilee [225-31 A.M.] Seth took Azûrâ his sister to be his wife, and in the fourth (year of the sixth week) [235 A.M.] she bare him Enos, etc.

You dumb kid, you know nothing.

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 12:40 am
@The Anointed,
Or, quarks are real energy, measurable and predictable and your god delusion is neither real, nor is it a trustworthy model to base prayer and talking to ghosts on.

Did that "great thought" ever cross your mind?

And all of your scriptures of condemnation, hatred towards monkeys, your great flood story, a 6000 year old universe and a tortured and wrenched fiction, baroquely contorted and twisted to try and fit reality, which is merely the vehicle that makes "you" into a complete fool.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools...

You talk about the pitfalls of "idolatry" and in the same breath admonish a man whom you claim is god incarnate. And a god that is in physically within the universe.

A forked tongue.

You are like a ship without a rudder.

Numbers 23:19 (KJV)
19 God is not a man, that he should lie;

Comment:
Or, is god a man and a liar?
Jasper10

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 12:59 am
@TheCobbler,
With all due respect….you quote Romans 1:22 in your defence.If you claim to be so wise…...please also explain Isaiah 5:20 as well…..i.e..0,1..1,0 logic output possibilities.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 02:23 am
@TheCobbler,
Are you sure that you have read my posts? You seem to be quoting the false teachings of the Roman church and all her denominational daughters who were spawned from those false teaching before breaking away from their mother body in order to establish family groups of their own.
The following is from one of my posts.

According to the best theory we have today as to the origin of this generation of the universe, it was some 14 billion years ago, that an immense explosion, known as the Big Bang, spewed out massive amounts of liquid like electromagnetic energy in the trillions upon trillions of degrees, creating a rapidly expanding universe.

Within moments of the expansion, the universal temperature had dropped to some billions of degrees, and the vibrating wave particles, which were the quantum of that energy, collided in nuclear fusion reactions to form hydrogen and helium and when the universal temperature had cooled to a point where fusion stopped generating these basic elements, it left hydrogen as the dominant component from which the first gigantic stars were created, in which massive atomic reactors, the heavier elements, such as carbon etc, would be created.

As said previously, bursting into life and light throughout the primitive universe over an unknown period of time, those first generation stars would have been thousands upon thousands of times as massive as our Sun and millions of times as bright, but each one burned for only a few million years before meeting a violent end, when they exploded out in a brilliant flash before collapsing in upon themselves creating the massive centrally condensed systems called ‘Black Holes,’ in which the greater percentage of their mass was trapped.

The first creative day ended as all those gigantic stars collapsed. Those first gigantic stars, in which the heavier elements were created, from which the galaxies would later be created and which massive stars would have been collapsing in upon themselves, and evening descended as the lights of the universe went out, and the black holes devoured each other, and darkness covered the contracting space.

The second DAY [Period of universal activity] begins by bringing to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.

This is one scientific theory as to the creation of our solar system some 9 billion years after the creation of those first massive stars that lit up the darkness of the expanding space.

Whether or not a better theory than that which we have today will develop, time will tell.

This theory would appear to support the biblical statement, that the process of the division of the waters above from the waters below, [See Genesis 1: 6; KJV] or the division of the solar nebula cloud from the greater Galactic nebula cloud, began some five billion years ago, and that the whole process began with the division of the waters (cloud) above, from the waters (Cloud) below from which the entire Solar system was created. This took just a few hundred million years, about 400 million years in fact, and the creation of our entire solar system was completed by about 4.6 billion years ago.

It was from the galactic nebular cloud, which was the residue of the heavier elements that were exploded off with the great super nova, which was the death of one of those gigantic earlier generation Stars that our Milky-Way galaxy would be formed in the second creative period=day, as the active universal forces brought about a division of the Solar nebular cloud [The Waters Below] from the Galactic nebular cloud [The Waters Above].

The accretion of the galactic nebula disk, which was being attracted to the central Black Hole around which it had begun to orbit, transferred angular momentum outward as it transferred mass inward, it was this that caused our solar nebula to begin to rotate and condense inward, bringing a division of the solar cloud, from the galactic cloud, or the waters above from the waters below.

Within the greater galactic nebular cloud, which was slowly beginning to revolve around the Black Hole that anchored it in space, a piece of the larger cloud complex started to collapse about five billion years ago. The cloud complex had already been "polluted" with dust grains from previous generations of stars, so it was possible to form the rocky terrestrial planets as gravity pulled the gas and dust together, forming a solar nebula. As the cloud=waters of the solar nebula collapsed, its slight rotation increased. This is because of the conservation of angular momentum.

Just like a dancer who spins faster as she pulls in her arms, the cloud began to spin as it collapsed. Eventually, the cloud grew hotter and denser in the centre, with a disk of gas and dust surrounding it that was hot in the centre but cool at the edges. As the disk got thinner and thinner, particles began to stick together and form clumps. Some clumps got bigger, as particles and small clumps stuck to them, eventually forming planets or moons. Genesis 1: 6—9. As the heavenly cloud was gathered together in one place, dry land, or rather planets began to form.

Near the centre of the condensing cloud, where planets like earth formed, only rocky material could stand the great heat. Icy matter settled in the outer regions of the disk along with rocky material, where the giant planets like Jupiter formed.

As the cloud continued to fall in, the centre would get so hot that it would eventually become a star and with a strong stellar wind, would blow away most of the gas and dust from which the planets of the solar system had been formed.

By studying meteorites, which are thought to be left over from this early phase of the solar system, scientists have found that the solar system is about 4.6 billion years old! As the solar nebula collapsed, the gas and dust heated up through collisions among the particles. The solar nebula heated up to around 3000 K so everything was in a gaseous form. The solar nebula's composition was similar to the present-day Sun's composition: about 93% hydrogen, 6% helium, and about 1% silicates and iron, and the density of the gas and dust increased toward the core where the proto-sun was: [PROTO SUN.]. The inner, denser regions collapsed more quickly than the outer regions.

PROTO-HUMANS WERE NOT HUMANS AND THE PROTO-SUN, WAS NOT YET OUR SUN.

Around Jupiter's distance from the proto-Sun the temperature was cool enough to freeze water (the so-called "snow line" or "frost line"). Further out from the proto-Sun, ammonia and methane were able to condense. There was a significant amount of water closer to the Proto-sun, but could not condense. When the solar nebula stopped collapsing it began cooling, though the core that would later form the Sun remained hot.

This meant that the outer parts of the solar nebula cooled off more than the inner parts closer to the hot proto-Sun. Only metal and rock materials could condense (solidify) at the high temperatures close to the proto-Sun. Therefore, the metal and rock materials could condense in all the places where the planets were forming. Volatile materials (like water, methane and ammonia) could only condense in the outer parts of the solar nebula.

Because the density of the solar nebula material increased inward, there was more water at Jupiter's distance than at the distances of Saturn, Uranus, or Neptune. The greater amount of water ice at Jupiter's distance from the proto-Sun helped it grow larger than the other planets. Although, there was more water closer to the proto-Sun than Jupiter, that water was too warm to condense. Material with the highest freezing temperatures condensed to form the chondrules that were then incorporated in lower freezing temperature material. Chondrules (from Ancient Greek chondros, meaning grain) are round grains found in chondrites. Chondrules form as molten or partially molten droplets in space before being accreted to their parent asteroids.

Any material that later became part of a planet underwent further heating and processing when the planet differentiated so the heavy metals sunk to the planet's core and lighter metals floated up to nearer the surface.
Because of its great compression, the core of the proto-Sun finally reached about 10 million Kelvin and after the planets of the solar system had been created, the hydrogen nuclei started fusing together to produce helium nuclei and a lot of energy. It was then that the proto-Sun "TURNED ON" and became our Sun, which produced the strong winds called T-Tauri winds named after the prototype star in the constellation Taurus.

These winds swept out the rest of the nebula that was not already incorporated into the planets. With most of the cocoon gas blown away, the new star itself becomes visible to the outside for the first time. This whole process took just a few hundred million years and was finished by about 4.6 billion years ago. At the distance of about one light year from the earth, is the great icy Dome, that is the boundary of the firmament of our heavens, in which the sun, moon, and planets of our solar system were created.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 03:22 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

Keep it to Kingsbury rules..

Typical Jasper.

It’s the Marquess of Queensbury Rules.