What is the soul?

farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 04:08 am
@The Anointed,
If you read and believe "Noint's" post above, lt us have an unerstanding that his post is at least 40% Bullshit.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 06:30 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks Izzythepush.

Rules Rules Rules…

The cobbler hasn’t responded….I wonder why?…..Good is Bad …and Bad is Good….(0,1..1,0) Really??? ……says who exactly?

What about Good is Good and Bad is Bad (1,1..0,0) as possibilities also.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 07:00 am
@Jasper10,
I suspect Cobbler does not share your obsession with binary code.
Jasper10

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 07:30 am
@izzythepush,
Lol…he gets the point…as I am sure you do to.

Assumptions …Assumptions…..Assumptions

Lol…Lol..Lol…
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 02:05 pm
@The Anointed,
New King James Version
Genesis 1:5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Comment
Which earth did you grow up on?

Once again you contort, twist and wrest the scripture to fit into a warped and shallow perception of the universe and earth and the final version of your "truth" bring hatred towards monkeys, open racism and an imbecile God who does not know how to define a 24 hour period.

Get real.

When you squash the scriptures into your crazy view to try and make them fit into your pseudo Christian world idea you end you with a reminder of scriptures the equally don't work.

And monkeys suffer the consequences and anyone else in your way... i.e. women, people of other faiths, ethnicities, gays and the earth itself.

All so you can fit Passover day to land on a Sunday...

You talk of idolatry in one breath and then deify a man in the other.

Do you ever take a moment to step back and really listen to yourself?

The Anointed

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 04:25 pm
@TheCobbler,
Genesis 1:5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

I wonder what grade in primary school are you in? First of all, the 6 days of creation are 6 periods of universal activity, or six generations of the universe. See Genesis 2: 4.

According to the ancients, we live in an eternal oscillating universe that expands outward and contracts back to its beginning in space time, a living universal being who is all that exists, and in who, all that is, exists. A universe that exists in the two states of seemingly visible matter and invisible energy.

“Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non-being, and again from non-being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all, the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence.” ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara, or the cycle of manifestation, ‘The Great Day,’ which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by ‘Pralaya,’ a dark period, which to our finite minds would seem as an eternity, or but a moment in time.

‘Manvantara,’ is a creative day, a period of universal activity of light and life, as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis. ‘Pralaya,’ is the evening that proceeds the next creative day, and is seen as the period of rest for the “GREAT THOUGHT’. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis 2: 4; as the “GENERATIONS OF THE UNIVERSE.”

The English word “Generation,” is translated from the Hebrew “toledoth,” which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as ‘births,’ or ‘descendants,’ such as “These are the generations of Adam,” or “these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; it is written concerning the six days of creation; “These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc.” And the ‘Great Day’ in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which those who attain to perfection, are allowed to enter, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles of endless rebirths that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

A series of worlds following one upon the other-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.

Even our ancient ancestors had more intelligence than you. They understood that a ‘DAY’ means, a period of time, a period of light and activity, they also believed in the process of the evolution of the universe from generation to generation. Do you believe that this is the first and only universe?

Out of the darkness came light.

The Universe stayed dark, without any luminous sources, until gravity, condensed the mainly hydrogen, with helium, and the trace quantities of lithium, beryllium, and boron, into the first stars. All stars, including these first- generation stars, act as chemical factories, synthesizing almost all of the elements that make up the world around us.

And God said, “Let there be light.” Which was not the light from the sun of this minor solar system within our Milky Way galaxy, which solar system would not be created for some nine billion years after the creation of those first massive stars that lit up the darkness of the bottomless pit, in which massive nuclear reactors the heavier elements were created.

When the original stars exploded as supernovae, and collapsed into a black hole, they spewed out much of the elements that those massive nuclear reactors had created, seeding the surrounding galactic gas cloud.

Subsequent generations of stars that formed in the surrounding Gas cloud, which were created from those elements, incorporated the elements that were created within them, and steadily increased the chemical abundances of their surroundings, which was the evolving Galaxy, that was anchored in space by the central Black Hole, around which, THE GALACTIC NEBULA had begun to revolve.

Now you run along and play with your building blocks, while I continue to reveal to all how the scriptures spoke of the earth being created before the minor sun of our solar system, and the fact that life (Before the creation of our minor sun) began to evolve on this earth upon which I was born 80 years ago and continue to live on this earth.

Which answers your childish question; "Which earth did you grow up on?"

I will later respond to the rest of your ignorant and childish rubbish.

Throwing insults at others, is like pissing into the wind, you're going to wear it yourself youngen.
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 03:50 am
@The Anointed,
The " anointed ones" have been a source of gumor hen they try to capture what a book written by primitive minds meant to the modern world. ince a day in the Bible meant a period of time, I like the way Ricky Gervais spelled it out
"And he did all this in the Fuckin Dark!!!" something ele\se biblical inerrancy disagrees with evidence
The Anointed

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 04:28 am
@farmerman,
Gumor hen? Ince a day? ele/se? Hell! I'd hate to be your boss and have to read your daily reports. And who cares what your spiritual guide the actor comedian has to say.

Go home and learn to spell old mate.
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 04:39 am
@The Anointed,
I waa the boss, had several editors and usually dictated my reviews . As far as your inability to non-comprehend, I have no xcuse for your own intellectual shortcomings . Thats what explosions can do to ones xtremities dickwad. . youre open target if all youve got is making fun pf handicapped people then **** you and your mule
As far a spell check, it often gives words even farther away from factual meanings so I dont use it much.
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 04:47 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:
Genesis 1:5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day
So the "light" cam from som ill defined but carefully chosn pile of offal and pomace. These were all tales well crafted as to not cast doubt on your magical story book neh?

Bein a Witness has so much bs baggage, you guys have to carefully watch your lies and conflations with the real world so that noone understands that most of your observational preaching doesnt com out of yr mouths
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 06:07 am
@farmerman,
Yea! well I knew you were handicapped and intellectually impaired and are incapable of using spellcheck, that's why I believe only a fool would take any notice of anything you have to say.

You say that I have the inability to non-comprehend, whereas I say that you have the inability to 'COMPREHEND'. Like I say, I'd hate to be your boss and have to decipher you daily report.

Does it hurts when you are insulted all the time old mate? Well, as the saying goes, "One must reap as they sow".

Have a good one mate.
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 09:04 am
@The Anointed,
Im the champ at creative insults, youre but a rookie, all you can do is forward schoolyard ad-hominems,.
insults take some talent and creativity.

as far as intellectually challenged, why do I have to xplain simpl things to you (like your ineducable misunderstandings of Darwins mistakes yet his theory thrives an grows stronger;;;thats 9th grade natural science) you should have at least been aware that darwins theory preceded mendel's work by several years
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 09:08 am
I often wonder why people expect the originator of a theory or hypothesis to keep up with new developments even when dead for a century or so.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 05:16 pm
@The Anointed,

Genesis 1:16
Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.

Comment:
Your forked tongue is working overtime.

This is why your religion is so fake, a day is only a day when it fits your narrative and when it doesn't it is a thousand years.

Day and night, moon and sun, THIS is one day...

The bible strictly defines a day but in order for you to squash and wriggle your narrative into your own creation you need to take some obscure scripture to water down the simplicity of what is written.

The bible defines a day in the first few verses.

Wiping the egg off your face you proclaim that a day is an "age" and then proceeded to squash the formation of the stars and millions of year of evolution into that day.

And then you insult my intelligence.

Well, as someone who has studied the scriptures in minute detail I can tell you that you are full of crap.

Your knowledge of the scriptures is kindergarten level.

And your knowledge of spiritual matters is below that.

You didn't even consider that the universe might have been formed before the first day...
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 06:06 pm
The Genesis story will NEVE EVER align with earth science and cosmology.

Trying to do so is a futile attempt that will contradict known science on hundreds of points no matter how you slice it.

Long before the Bible's Adam, people were observing the stars and seasons and worshiping deities of every stripe known to humanity.

The sun and moon were not created thousands of years ago, they were formed millions and billions of years ago.

Knowledge of good and evil was perceived long before there were any Hebrew texts.

And morality was epitomized in sagas of the Sumerians and Greeks long before Moses and Paul...

Noah's Ark is a joke...

Much of the Bible is racist.

And Moses and Paul were appallingly horrible models of morality...

What does the Bible have to offer us?
A false history, a false morality and a socially abhorrent, bankrupt and debased beast of a fable.

The bad parts far outweigh the good.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 07:01 pm
@farmerman,
When have I ever even mentioned Darwin's theory on this forum fm old mate? Never.

So now you can add lying to your inability to comprehend that which you have read, as well as your inability to spell, or to use spellcheck.

But I have admitted over and over again that I believe in the evolution of this universe and all therein, from the energy that had neither beginning or end, which was spewed out in the trillions upon trillions of degrees at the instant when the singularity of origin was spatially separated in the event that is called the 'BIG BANG'.

Do you agree with this model of the beginning of this generation of the ever evolving universe, which is accepted by the greater majority of our scientists?

Or do you believe that you, who have admitted that you are severely handicapped, have come up with a better hypotheses that the best of our scientists?

Well you certainly are the champ at foul mouthed insults, and I would never stoop to your atheistic low standards.

And NO! You don't have to (XPLAIN SIMPL) things to me, I would rather you keep your simple minded things to yourself.

0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 07:46 pm
@TheCobbler,

This was the beginnings of our universe, that occurred some 9.2 billion years before our solar system was created 4.6 billion years ago.

I wonder what grade in primary school are you in? First of all, the 6 days of creation are 6 periods of universal activity, or six generations of the universe. See Genesis 2: 4; concerning the 6 days of creation: "These are the generations of the universe."

According to the ancients, we live in an eternal oscillating universe that expands outward and contracts back to its beginning in space time, a living universal being who is all that exists, and in who, all that is, exists. A universe that exists in the two states of seemingly visible matter and invisible energy.

“Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non-being, and again from non-being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all, the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence.” ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara, or the cycle of manifestation, ‘The Great Day,’ which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by ‘Pralaya,’ a dark period, which to our finite minds would seem as an eternity, or but a moment in time.

‘Manvantara,’ is a creative day, a period of universal activity of light and life, as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis. ‘Pralaya,’ is the evening that proceeds the next creative day, and is seen as the period of rest for the “GREAT THOUGHT’. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis 2: 4; as the “GENERATIONS OF THE UNIVERSE.”

The English word “Generation,” is translated from the Hebrew “toledoth,” which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as ‘births,’ or ‘descendants,’ such as “These are the generations of Adam,” or “these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; it is written concerning the six days of creation; “These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc.” And the ‘Great Day’ in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which there are neither hour, days, weeks, months, or years, for all time is stuck together in one aeon.

A series of worlds following one upon the other-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.

Even our ancient ancestors had more intelligence than you. They understood that a ‘DAY’ means, a period of time, a period of light and activity, they also believed in the process of the evolution of the universe from generation to generation.

Out of the darkness came light.

The Universe stayed dark, without any luminous sources, until gravity, condensed the mainly hydrogen, with helium, and the trace quantities of lithium, beryllium, and boron, into the first stars. All stars, including these first- generation stars, act as chemical factories, synthesizing almost all of the elements that make up the world around us.

And God said, “Let there be light.” Which was not the light from the sun of this minor solar system within our Milky Way galaxy, which solar system would not be created for some nine billion years after the creation of those first super massive stars that lit up the darkness of the bottomless pit, in which massive nuclear reactors the heavier elements were created.

When the original stars exploded as supernovae, and collapsed into a black hole, they spewed out much of the elements that those massive nuclear reactors had created, seeding the surrounding galactic gas cloud.

Subsequent generations of stars that formed in the surrounding Gas cloud, which were created from those elements, incorporated the elements that were created within them, and steadily increased the chemical abundances of their surroundings, which was the evolving Galaxy, that was anchored in space by the central Black Hole, around which, THE GALACTIC NEBULA had begun to revolve.

How long is a day at the north pole? How long is a day on Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto?

The term "firmament" according to the Creation account, is taken from the Hebrew: רָקִיעַ raqiya` raw-kee'-ah, which is defined by many scholars as an expanse, or the visible arch of the sky:—firmament, but a primitive root; “רָקַע raqa` raw-kah” means, to pound, hammer, to overlay (with thin sheets of metal):—beat, make broad, spread abroad (forth, over, out, into plates), stamp, stretch.

The creation of the firmament is associated with the placement of some sort of structure, and in some modern Bibles many modern scholars translate the Hebrew word raqia as a "dome" or "vault". The Hebrew language appears to imply that the firmament is a firm, fixed structure (FIRMament, which can now be seen as the spherical cloud of comets (Icy vault) in which our solar system was created from the solar nebula cloud that was divided from the greater galactic nebula cloud.

Unlike the orbits of the planets and the Kuiper Belt, which are pretty flat like a disk, the Oort Cloud is a spherical shell surrounding everything in our solar system. It's like a bubble with a thick shell. The Oort Cloud is made up of icy pieces of space debris.

The Oort cloud, or the Opik-Oort cloud, which is named after Jan Oort, is a spherical cloud that surrounds our solar system, a cloud of predominantly icy objects such as comets that are comprised of mainly hydrogen, oxygen=water, ammonia and methane, and extends up to about a light year from the sun and defines the cosmographical boundary of our Solar System and the region of the suns gravitational dominance.

Here is the Firmament, as revealed in Genesis, the great spherical icy Bubble within which is found the sun, moons and planets of our solar system, the dome of ice above and around us.

Because the icy Bubble defines the cosmographical boundary of our Solar System and the region of the suns gravitational dominance, it also rotates:

Do you know how long that bubble takes to do one complete rotation?

Jubilees 4: 30; And he (ADAM) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; 'for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens' and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: ’On the day that ye eat thereof ye shall die.’ For this reason, he did not complete the years of this day; for he died during it.

OH. Look at that, even one thousand years can be classified as one day, or one revolution.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 08:18 pm
@The Anointed,
I don't even read your posts anymore...

Your logic skills are non existent.

The Anointed wrote:

This was the beginnings of our universe, that occurred some 9.2 billion years before our solar system was created 4.6 billion years ago.

You don't even know the difference between a day and billions of years.

A day is a day, and billions of years are billions of years.

זמן רב = a long time

יום = a day

Methuselah lived 969 years

That would make him trillions of years old according to your reckoning.

If you cannot get days right then all of your research is shoddy.

The Bible even uses the sun and the moon as a check to define a day and you still fit billions of years in that day.

Like your brain is broken.

The Earth began with a 6 hour day. The interaction between the Earth and Moon have slowly... slowed the Earth's rotation to what it is today.

Yet, somehow that part of the equation flies right over your head.

Dumber than a rock.

Jubilees 4: 30; And he (ADAM) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; 'for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens'

Comment:
Do you know the difference between a thousand and billions?

And we are talking one day on earth (paradise which is always on earth) not a day in heaven.

"On earth as it is in heaven" apparently that was a lie too.

Your certainty is amusing.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 08:54 pm
In the beginning God (or the powers that be) created the heavens and the earth.

That was when the big bang occurred. That was when the universe came into being 14 billion years ago.

It took 10 billion years before our sun began to form, the earth came after.

The only thing that was not here yet was human civilization.

The first humans evolved 1 to 2.5 million years ago.

Rock paintings have been made since the Upper Paleolithic, 40,000 years ago. They have been found in Europe, Africa, Australia and Southeast Asia.

Llamas surely did not paint them.

First "known" farming was 12 thousand years ago though fishing and hunting goes back millions of years..

God sat around for 14 billion years watching the rocks grow.

It all got created in the big bang long before day 1 even began.

Then what did God need to create on day one?

Everything was already here!

But the earth did not yet have arrogant, know-it-all, self proclaimed theologian wannabees who could mangle days into millennia, hate on monkeys and claim they alone are anointed ones with the holy spirit from on high...
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2021 10:18 pm
@TheCobbler,
his major problem is that he wihes to skate over all existing vidence and have it thunk that Genesis is even worth a pinch of spit when it's Alley oop for the dimmies like he.

His "order of appearance" of physical features as ell a life is where hes most entertaining.
I see hes doubled down on his insults, that usually means that hes exhausted his quiver.
0 Replies