monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 05:44 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
Revelette, would you mind citing your sources?

Sorry, the link I think you are referring to is WP, who depressingly laid all the pros and cons of how the investigations could go, which is in the end, was basically no where. If you want (doubt you want to go to all that trouble) you can google the title Analysis | Your cheat sheet to four potential investigations of Russia and President Trump and probably it would have the WP piece I posted. (I'll try to remember to cite source for now on.)

ossobucotemp

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 06:03 pm
@blatham,
Don't get me going re Stradivarius, I've been to the museum in Cremona, in a fairly early morning when they came out and played each one.

I'm more or less a music dolt, but for me, that was joy.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 06:21 pm
@revelette1,
Look up what paywalls are.

I get that, what you said, but if I click, and I have many times, I sometimes can't help myself, I get NYT or WP sources showing up, lessening what I can see for the rest of the month. Even the New Yorker, a personal loved magazine by me, though I
don't know that was one of your links. I treasure the few times I can get to read one or some few articlse in the magazine in a month.

I don't know at this point what each newspaper or magazine is presently allowing, but it seems to be getting shorter.

Boston Globe, not a key interest for me but is for others, is, if I remember, down to 5 clicks.
ossobucotemp

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 06:28 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I get it that you haven't known about this stuff.

To me, it is making news discussion available by financial class, and therefore dangerous in various ways.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 06:54 pm
How many people here believe that Trump knew nothing about his campaign people consulting with Russian agents about releasing false information about the democrats? Hell he even asked them publicly to release even more false information than they already had. He had to know.
revelette1

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 06:55 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Ok, I'll look it up sometime.

In any event, I meant on google, it would probably list a lot of links and then you could decide if you wanted to click on it. When I leave a link, I usually use the title. So you could just type out on google (or your preferred search engine) the words I have in my link and it won't take you anywhere unless you click on it yourself. But like I said, for now on, I will put at the bottom or somewhere the source name.
revelette1

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 06:57 pm
@RABEL222,
I don't know yet, it is really too soon to tell exactly what went on with who and when.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 07:14 pm
@revelette1,
You don't seem to get that major newspapers limit how often you can link to their articles in a m0nth.

Yes, look it up sometime.
You use the title but you don't show the source.
ossobucotemp

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 07:24 pm
@revelette1,
No, it means if I click I am tossed to your site, and in some cases down one re time I have left.

You will look it up sometime? You have gotten snottier since I first liked you.

Please read about paywalls.

blatham

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 07:26 pm
So, now we find out that Flynn met with Kislyak another time we previously didn't know about. And Jared Kushner was there too. TPM

And... two more members of the Trump campaign met with Kislyak as well. TPM

And finally, for the florid connections between the Mafia, Russian oligarchs and Trump (including that dude who, in a bar fight, stabbed someone in the face with a broken wine glass). This is a doozy. TPM

giujohn

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 07:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You first have to prove they are fake news. Also, that they are lies.

Hahahaha...I thought so
layman

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 08:03 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

(including that dude who, in a bar fight, stabbed someone in the face with a broken wine glass). This is a doozy.

You say that like it's something uncommon, like it's a bad thing, even. What's up with that?

Everybody and his brother will break a beer bottle in half and cut some perv with the jagged edge in a bar fight. Sheeit.....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 08:47 pm
@giujohn,
You thought nothing; you didn't understand the question.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 09:10 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

So, as far as the comparisons between US meddling and the current activity by Russia — when I saw all the links you guys left I thought I was going to learn something new, that the US was engaged in massive cyber attacks and disinformation campaigns, and I was ready to eat crow for the second time today. But no, that stuff is 2oth Century chickenshit, Voice of America era. I accept that countries, like corporations, will interfere to prop up their brand. I honestly don't believe that's what's going on right now — it's more like Russia vs. the stability of the Western world. The way it connects with the rise of right wing populism in Europe and the USA is a much different dynamic than the efforts we've historically made to promote lackeys we could do bu$ine$$ with.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you think the US is somehow done meddling in in other countries elections? Why would have to be some kind of super-cyber attack?

What is it that you see going on right now? Russia didn't tamper with a single voting booth, they didn't mess with the tally or change a single result in the vote right? You believe that every single vote was cast by an "American" (quotes only because so many non-citizens may or may not have voted) right?

At most, Russia exposed the DNC for being the shitty people they are. Is it that the didn't do the same for the RNC? What could possibly have come out that could make someone like YOU or Blatham think less of the RNC? Seriously... What could they have exposed that would have changed your votes?
cicerone imposter

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 09:12 pm
@McGentrix,
You mean about Trump's claim that there were 3 to 5 million voter fraud?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-claims-3-5-million-illegal-ballots-cost-him-popular-vote-cites-no-evidence/
0 Replies

layman

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 09:17 pm
@McGentrix,
If Trump expresses a belief on the basis of substantial evidence which may fall short of conclusive proof, then the mere utterance of that belief it a LIE, if you ask the cheese-eating left.

And, of course, when they make wildly speculative and wholly unsubstantiated claims and you don't immediately ratify them, then, once again, you are a LIAR.
cicerone imposter

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 09:20 pm
@layman,
You mean like after he became president?
https://www.liberalexaminer.com/2017/02/03/20-lies-trump-admin-told-first-week/
cicerone imposter

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 09:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And for the republicans who support their representatives, be aware that they're working to cut social programs like Social Security and Medicare.
“Though many policy makers want to cut these social insurance programs, they rarely say ‘cut,’” he writes. “Instead, because the programs are so highly valued by recipients, policy makers say ‘reform,’ ‘overhaul,’ ‘change,’ ‘revamp,’ and ‘fix’ the program. In the vast majority of these formulations, these verbs are euphemisms for cuts, and it’s very important for journalists to call them out as such…. Please stop the obfuscation. When policy makers are talking about cutting entitlements, call it like it is.” 

I hope the republicans on a2k understand why the conservatives in congress are having such a difficult time repealing Obamacare. It will cut health insurance from 16 million Americans. Their promise to repeal Obamacare is easy to promise, but hard to legislate.

Quote:

Bruh, that’s exactly what we’ve been trying to tell the Republican Party for almost eight years.
Ever since President Barack Obama finessed what would eventually be called “Obamacare” through both houses of Congress, Republicans have derided it and told their constituents that once they regained power, they would immediately repeal and replace it. Apparently “immediately” has a different definition in the conservative dictionary, because they have yet to offer an alternative to the health care law that insured 20 million people and reduced the number of uninsured to the lowest level in recent history.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 09:47 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:
Having go back 93 years to find something negative about the Democrats!!
It must be a very decent and good party - and there are no fake news spreader and liers.

I only have to go back 93 hours to find examples of the Democrats viciously opposing our Constitutional rights.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 2 Mar, 2017 09:48 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Quote:
Why are Republicans treating their Obamacare repeal plan like classified information, but for Republicans only?Nothing screams confidence in one’s ideas like hiding those ideas in a basement and sharing them only with fellow travelers, but that’s how House GOP leaders intend to begin the rollout of their Affordable Care Act repeal bill.
NewRepublic
I am not going to be playing hide and seek with these guys. They're really good at that game. They've been hiding this plan for nearly eight years now and nobody, not even themselves, have been able to find it.

I've never had trouble finding the Republican health care plan. They have not kept it a secret. I even posted details here in this thread a few days ago.

http://able2know.org/topic/355218-544#post-6373097

Perhaps people who always let other people do their thinking for them don't have the same Google skills as someone who thinks for himself.
0 Replies