monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Rebelofnj

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 11:06 am
@coldjoint,
You keep saying that, but literally none of the major news outlets are talking about Navid Keshavarz-Nia.

That even includes the right wing news outlets: OANN, Newsmax, Infowars, and Breitbart.

I think you are making Navid Keshavarz-Nia's connection to the lawsuit a much bigger deal than it actually is.
revelette3

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 11:17 am
@Rebelofnj,
Maybe they get some kind of money out of this. That's the only reason I can think of why a rational human would put themselves into this embarrassing position way after it was obvious they have already been humiliated beyond recall.

Meanwhile:

Wisconsin recount confirms Biden’s win over Trump, cementing the president’s failure to change the election results
revelette3

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 11:22 am
Quote:
WASHINGTON — If the Trump administration gets its way, some states would give up a seat or two in Congress and many more would lose millions in federal grants under a census plan the U.S. Supreme Court reviews Monday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/supreme-court-set-to-hear-arguments-on-trump-plan-to-exclude-undocumented-immigrants-from-census/ar-BB1bsWM5?ocid=msedgntp

I don't hold out much hope, it is not Robert's court so we don't have a chance with these extreme conservative ideas against the Supreme Court. We'll see.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 11:38 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

You keep saying that, but literally none of the major news outlets are talking about Navid Keshavarz-Nia.

That even includes the right wing news outlets: OANN, Newsmax, Infowars, and Breitbart.

I think you are making Navid Keshavarz-Nia's connection to the lawsuit a much bigger deal than it actually is.

Quote:
none of the major news outlets are talking about Navid Keshavarz-Nia.

I wonder why? I cannot answer for the media. And I say if this man can prove fraud it is a big thing.
coldjoint

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 11:41 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

Maybe they get some kind of money out of this. That's the only reason I can think of why a rational human would put themselves into this embarrassing position way after it was obvious they have already been humiliated beyond recall.

Meanwhile:

Wisconsin recount confirms Biden’s win over Trump, cementing the president’s failure to change the election results

There are still active law suits in WI disputing well over 100, 000 votes. It is not over.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 11:44 am
Does anyone recall that Bush lost every case to Gore until it got to the Supreme Court? Well, he did and he ended up president. keep that in mind.
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 11:45 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:

Yeah, another poor excuse for a human being gossiping about me means very little.

Ha ha — it meant enough so that you felt you had to comment on it! You're the one who brought up your disputed gender, not me.

And, by the way, your "study" which claimed 84% fewer hospitalizations for patients treated with hydroxychloroquine is bogus.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 11:45 am
@coldjoint,
I would have expected the Pro Trump news outlets to have made a mention of Keshavarz-Nia, but there is literally nothing.

You said the New York Times praised him, but they never actually did. Here is what is written in the article (which is about a different man in a separate case):
Quote:
Navid Keshavarz-Nia, those who worked with him said, “was always the smartest person in the room.” In doing cybersecurity and technical counterintelligence work for the C.I.A., N.S.A. and F.B.I., he had spent decades connecting top-secret dots. After several months of working with Mr. Courtney, he began connecting those dots too. He did not like where they led.

On Oct. 8, 2015, he sent an accusatory email to Mr. Courtney announcing that he had “voluntarily resigned from the organization.” In the memo, which was distributed to several participants in Alpha214 and later shared with me, he wrote, “It is clear that I have been deliberately deceived, lied to and criminally victimized by you based on your numerous false statements.” He called Mr. Courtney’s actions “self-serving, grossly dishonest, potentially unlawful- and surely damaging to the government’s ‘mission’ — assuming there is actually a mission to speak of.”

He also zeroed in on the money the Twins were making: “While not all of the 35-plus companies have acquiesced to your salary demands,” a “conservative estimate” put his and Mr. Keith’s annual income at $2.25 million each: “Not bad for a GS-14 salary-level employee!”

“Have you shared this information with your superiors?” he demanded.

Mr. Courtney, however, was probably not concerned about his bountiful haul being made known to his government superiors because he had none. What presumably did worry him was that Dr. Keshavarz-Nia would share his deduction with the F.B.I.

He swiftly went to work to prevent this disaster from occurring.

The Department of Justice filing states, “Courtney falsely accused an individual of being an Iranian spy after that individual publicly accused Courtney of engaging in a fraud.” The government is not revealing whom Mr. Courtney had maligned, but I, too, could connect dots. And this deduction was reinforced by another event.

Dr. Keshavarz-Nia told another person in the program that Mr. Keith showed up unexpectedly at his house to share the advice that “it would be a mistake to go off the reservation.” As Mr. Keith continued in a soft, controlled voice, he opened his jacket to reveal the gun sticking out of the waistband of his pants, this person said.

Dr. Keshavarz-Nia could not be reached, but Mr. Keith blithely explained this encounter to me. He was instructed, he said, to “go to him, do health and welfare, calm him down.” When asked if he had brandished a gun, Mr. Keith replied, “I always had a gun,” though he denied showing it off.

Pressed further, he conceded that Dr. Keshavarz-Nia was “agitated.” He said: “I was the bad guy to some people. I was aggressive, assertive. But that was just the scripted role Courtney wanted me to play.”

At a meeting soon after between Dr. Preisser and the two representatives from the Covington firm, a woman identified as a Department of Justice lawyer said the government would be “going after the writer of the email,” explaining that under the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, it was a federal crime to identify C.I.A. officers serving in a covert operation. There would be legal consequences for the unmasking of Mr. Courtney and Mr. Keith.

Dr. Keshavarz-Nia, however, has not been charged with any crime. While the identity of the apparent Justice Department lawyer remains buried in the secret history of the task force, what is clear is that Mr. Courtney had very effectively and very swiftly defused the threat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/opinion/sunday/garrison-courtney-spies-contracts.html
coldjoint

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 11:50 am
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 11:52 am
@Rebelofnj,
I thought you said this was not important?
coldjoint

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 11:59 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Yeah, sure. Just about every online article about this "study" is from the right-wing press.

Oh my! And the left wing media never lies. The propaganda you push is a joke.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 12:01 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
‘Mini desk. Tiny hands. Small soul’: Trump mocked for giving speech at little table

Someone needs to mock the press for being so incredibly petty. The intolerance and hate these assholes have spread is toxic.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 12:03 pm
@snood,
Quote:
If they had any self awareness or shame,

Sorry, you have no right or qualifications to talk about either.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 12:03 pm
@coldjoint,
I never talked about the NY Times article that mentioned Navid Keshavarz-Nia until today.

I did previously say
Quote:
If [Navid Keshavarz-Nia] is that important, then why hasn't Newsmax and OANN reported on it? It would been viewed as a significant development for Trump's case, but so far, they haven't reported on it.

https://able2know.org/topic/267070-1256#post-7086224

I also can't find anything that supports your claim that Keshavarz-Nia is THE top expert in cybersecurity. I actually have a hard time finding any information on him; all I can find are the NY Times article and dozens of small right wing news blogs, all from the last 3 months.
coldjoint

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 12:04 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
There was nothing lawful about Al Gore's attempts to cheat.

So asking that all ballots be counted following a close election is "cheating"?

Is counting just legal ballots cheating?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 12:07 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

I never talked about the NY Times article that mentioned Navid Keshavarz-Nia until today.

I did previously say
Quote:
If [Navid Keshavarz-Nia] is that important, then why hasn't Newsmax and OANN reported on it? It would been viewed as a significant development for Trump's case, but so far, they haven't reported on it.

https://able2know.org/topic/267070-1256#post-7086224

I also can't find anything that supports your claim that Keshavarz-Nia is THE top expert in cybersecurity. I actually have a hard finding any information on him; all I can find are the NY Times article and dozens of small right wing news blogs, all from the last 3 months.

If he can prove there is fraud to a court it does not matter who he is. Does it?
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 12:21 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Apparently NIa is what we would call a "professional expert".
Walter Hinteler

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 12:52 pm
@farmerman,
And that's why he's the darling of someone who scribbles around here like a pubescent child.
blatham

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 01:00 pm
Quote:
America’s Press and the Asymmetric War for Truth
Jay Rosen
The Republican Party—now committed to minoritarian rule, not democracy—needs fictions to sustain its power. And that means a collision with honest journalism.
November 1, 2020
HERE
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 29 Nov, 2020 01:05 pm
Quote:
Eric Trump
@EricTrump
· Dec 4, 2016
The Sad Truth: The Cost Of Stein/Clinton's #Wisconsin Vote Recount Could Have Saved At Least 5,000 Children's Lives https://google.com/amp/www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2016/12/02/the-cost-of-steinclintons-wisconsin-vote-recount-could-have-saved-at-least-5000-childrens-lives/
0 Replies