monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Rebelofnj

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 11:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I'm guessing Powell’s actions were negatively affecting the Georgia runoff elections for the Republicans, which they need to win to gain control of the US Senate.

Meanwhile, Giuliani is focused on the Presidential election results, while the GOP has privately accepted that Biden has won.
revelette3

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 11:41 am
Well, in my opinion, Trump's latest appeal is where he has to come up with evidence because the accusation are supposed to address the points stressed by Judge Brann Saturday. This time they are saying Penn. voting officials "engaged in an intentional scheme to count defective mail ballots which they knew would favor Joseph Biden over Presidential Donald J. Trump."

It seem to me this is a specific allegation which would require actual proof. I mean do they expect the courts to indulge their fishing expeditions to find "proof" forever? Or do they think the Supreme Court will rule differently than all these courts have rule so far?

I'll tell you, if Trump wins through this disgusting attempt of Trump to get around our democracy, they will be just be a kangaroo court and our elections a joke.

Trump appeals big loss in Pennsylvania vote case that seeks to block Biden win

Do we have to wait for our SCOTUS to either shoot Trump down or deny to hear it, or Heaven forbid, uphold Trump's case and give him a second term?
Frank Apisa

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 11:48 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

Well, in my opinion, Trump's latest appeal is where he has to come up with evidence because the accusation are supposed to address the points stressed by Judge Brann Saturday. This time they are saying Penn. voting officials "engaged in an intentional scheme to count defective mail ballots which they knew would favor Joseph Biden over Presidential Donald J. Trump."

It seem to me this is a specific allegation which would require actual proof. I mean do they expect the courts to indulge their fishing expeditions to find "proof" forever? Or do they think the Supreme Court will rule differently than all these courts have rule so far?

I'll tell you, if Trump wins through this disgusting attempt of Trump to get around our democracy, they will be just be a kangaroo court and our elections a joke.

Trump appeals big loss in Pennsylvania vote case that seeks to block Biden win

Do we have to wait for our SCOTUS to either shoot Trump down or deny to hear it, or Heaven forbid, uphold Trump's case and give him a second term?

If these jokers cannot even spell check their filings...they certainly do not deserve to prevail.

What a joke. Presidential Donald Trump!
coldjoint

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 11:49 am
@revelette3,
Quote:
I mean do they expect the courts to indulge their fishing expeditions

Did you have any problems with Mueller fishing with no bait at all, as in no evidence? There is much more evidence here. Did you approve of Congress parading bureaucrats in front of the country with just hearsay information that is not evidence? You did.

If there was no fraud you have no worries. But there was fraud and the sheer number of votes Biden got actually prove it to anyone not afraid to be honest with themselves.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 11:51 am
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
while the GOP has privately accepted that Biden has won.

How would you know that? Have they told you in private?
coldjoint

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 11:54 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Trump and his team are now busy in locking in their policies. They know they're losers. Are they trying to be troublemakers?

Troublemakers? What were the Democrats for the last four years? And a whole summer of riots and looting? The level of hypocrisy and people with memories of goldfish is amazing.
0 Replies

revelette3

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 11:55 am
@Frank Apisa,
I guess I am sour puss, but, I have gone beyond thinking this whole thing kind of funny, it it not a joke, though I wish it was. Trump is destroying our whole country all by himself. Election officials are getting death threats, people are already on edge because of Trump's failure to deal with COVID but now people on all sides are getting even angrier than they were before the election. Not to mention how it appears to the outside world, allies and foes alike.
coldjoint

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 11:56 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Hard to imagine things being different if an actual Mafia mob boss was in the WH.

Hard to imagine you would ever contribute anything to any discussion.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 11:58 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

It’s hard to fathom the rank cowardice. I mean, they’d rather risk national security breaches, and tens of thousands more dying of Covid than speak out against the smarmy Don.

The Covid numbers are still being inflated. The media is not going to stop lying to stupid people. And not one death is Trump's fault.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 12:00 pm
Pope Francis lauded a delegation of NBA players who met him at the Vatican on Monday as “champions” and said he supported their work on addressing social injustice.

Five players – Marco Belinelli, Sterling Brown, Jonathan Isaac, Kyle Korver and Anthony Tolliver – were joined by NBA players’ union executive director Michele Roberts and two other union executives, Sherrie Deans and Matteo Zuretti.

https://i.imgur.com/faYgWz7.jpg
Le star dell’Nba dal Papa contro il razzismo
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 12:00 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

I guess I am sour puss, but, I have gone beyond thinking this whole thing kind of funny, it it not a joke, though I wish it was. Trump is destroying our whole country all by himself. Election officials are getting death threats, people are already on edge because of Trump's failure to deal with COVID but now people on all sides are getting even angrier than they were before the election. Not to mention how it appears to the outside world, allies and foes alike.

The Republicans in MI received death threats. Where are you getting the tripe you are posting?
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 12:01 pm
@snood,
Footnote I love the cable serial name Lucifer.
nimh

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 12:04 pm
In Wisconsin, the Trump campaign wants to throw out all in-person early votes, which they argue were illegal. They even submitted lists of voters who they say voted illegally by using this option.

Problem: that list also includes the attorney leading Trump’s recount effort in Wisconsin. And his wife. Because they, too, voted early in-person. Because there was, you know, nothing wrong or illegal about doing so.

Attorney heading up Trump campaign's Wisconsin recount effort is seeking to throw out his own vote
glitterbag

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 12:06 pm
@nimh,
This is crazy pants squared.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 12:09 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

I know what you mean, Rev.

I intend the terms "joke" and "joker" to be taken in their most disturbing way.

Nothing about what is happening right now if "funny"...in any kind of humorous sense.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 12:10 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Bernstein names 21 cowardly Senators who whisper their hatred of Trump, but won’t speak up.

When I read this, I was skeptical that Bernstein would be honest about the starkness of their hypocrisy.

But he really seems to be honestly disgusted.

https://themindshield.com/carl-bernstein-names-21-republican-senators-who-privately-expressed-extreme-contempt-for-trump/

Lord the Roman senators used to place their lives on the line by leading troops were at times a large percent of them was indeed killed.

Our damn senators however will not even place their careers on the line.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 12:13 pm
@BillRM,
Can’t watch it, not after the main actor was the love interest in Miranda, that’s all I see.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 12:25 pm
Detroit had more vote errors in 2016 when Trump won Michigan by a narrow margin. He didn’t object then.
Quote:
DETROIT — Republican Party leaders who are urging Michigan's state canvassing board to hold off certifying the Nov. 3 election results when it meets Monday have cited what they described as "significant problems and irregularities" in Wayne County, home of Detroit.

The GOP officials have pointed to the number of “unbalanced” precincts, where there were small discrepancies between the number of ballots cast and the number of voters logged by election workers in the poll books. Party officials are calling on the board to conduct an audit before it certifies President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the state.

“To simply gloss over those irregularities now without a thorough audit would only foster feelings of distrust among Michigan’s electorate,” Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel and state GOP Chair Laura Cox wrote in a letter Saturday.

But state and county election data show that four years ago — when Donald Trump carried the state by a much narrower margin — twice as many Detroit precincts were out of balance.

At the time, the problems were widely condemned by Democratic leaders, including Garlin Gilchrist, now the state’s lieutenant governor, who called the city’s handling of the election “a complete catastrophe.”

But neither Trump nor the Republican Party questioned the validity of the election results — or demanded an audit to verify the vote tally.

In the fall of 2016, 392 Detroit precincts, or 59 percent of the total, had discrepancies of at least one ballot, accounting for at least 916 votes, the data show.

This fall, 179 Detroit precincts, or 28 percent of the total, had discrepancies of at least one ballot, accounting for at least 433 votes.
coldjoint

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 12:42 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Detroit had more vote errors in 2016 when Trump won Michigan by a narrow margin. He didn’t object then.
Quote:
DETROIT — Republican Party leaders who are urging Michigan's state canvassing board to hold off certifying the Nov. 3 election results when it meets Monday have cited what they described as "significant problems and irregularities" in Wayne County, home of Detroit.

The GOP officials have pointed to the number of “unbalanced” precincts, where there were small discrepancies between the number of ballots cast and the number of voters logged by election workers in the poll books. Party officials are calling on the board to conduct an audit before it certifies President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the state.

“To simply gloss over those irregularities now without a thorough audit would only foster feelings of distrust among Michigan’s electorate,” Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel and state GOP Chair Laura Cox wrote in a letter Saturday.

But state and county election data show that four years ago — when Donald Trump carried the state by a much narrower margin — twice as many Detroit precincts were out of balance.

At the time, the problems were widely condemned by Democratic leaders, including Garlin Gilchrist, now the state’s lieutenant governor, who called the city’s handling of the election “a complete catastrophe.”

In the fall of 2016, 392 Detroit precincts, or 59 percent of the total, had discrepancies of at least one ballot, accounting for at least 916 votes, the data show.

This fall, 179 Detroit precincts, or 28 percent of the total, had discrepancies of at least one ballot, accounting for at least 433 votes.

Quote:
But neither Trump nor the Republican Party questioned the validity of the election results — or demanded an audit to verify the vote tally.

Do you see Democrats questioning the validity of these results? The article means nothing. The guy/ gal had to write something bad about Trump to get a paycheck.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 23 Nov, 2020 12:49 pm
@coldjoint,
Hey, coldjoint, tell us about Sidney Powell's "biblical" fraud cases, okay? Somebody said she's no longer on the Trump team, is that true? How come? Then finish your defense of the Bakersfield doctors and wrap up with an explanation of the article you posted about hydroxychloroquine.