monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 07:50 am
@Lash,
Sure. I've got no problem with that.
hightor

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:13 am
@blatham,
It's the Lash solution to everything...vote for Sanders. Often. Doesn't matter whether he's on the ballot or not. Write him in!

I pointed out on the global warming thread China has suspended environmental regulations as a way of getting their industries back to running at full capacity as quickly as possible. Experts expect a large increase in pollution as a result.
blatham

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:27 am
@hightor,
Quote:
It's the Lash solution to everything...vote for Sanders. Often. Doesn't matter whether he's on the ballot or not. Write him in!
I know. I could have pointed out it would be a throw-away vote but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't bother her.

China's behavior now is predictable. Others will probably do the same including the US. Demands to get the economy up and running will be fierce. And not just from the corporations who swim like sharks through our destiny. LA's newly fresh, clean air will likely be forgotten quickly but I'm hoping that non-polluting transport systems will get a big boost. Who holds power post November will be critical in this matter. But in so many ways, the future is an unknown.
blatham

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:32 am
Quote:
Quote:
Early last week, the Trump era—which defined itself by a lurid celebration of “alternative facts,” a contempt for science, and an assault on global institutions and the “administrative state”—came to an end. Regrettably, Donald Trump remains in office, but, at least for the moment, he appears to have ceded the argument: he cannot bend the harshest realities of the world to his fantasies. The aggressive and deadly coronavirus is unimpressed and unimpeded by the bluster of a con. Yet the prolonged process of Trump’s humbling, the time it took him to recognize the power of the global pandemic that has emptied our streets, has put untold numbers of Americans at risk.

The disease now known as covid-19 was first identified three months ago, in the Chinese city of Wuhan. Much like sars, which flared eighteen years ago, the likeliest breeding ground for the new coronavirus was a live-animal market. Like sars, H.I.V., and Ebola, covid-19, scientists believe, is a zoonotic disease, one that “jumps” from mammalian animal hosts to human beings. The coronavirus that causes covid-19 soon made its way to nearly every corner and crevice of the planet.

For many weeks, the President resisted understanding the magnitude of the problems and the responsibilities of his office. In late January, he declared, “We have it totally under control. . . . It’s going to be just fine.” A month later, he told attendees at a White House celebration of Black History Month, “One day—it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.” Was he doing a good job? He gave himself “a ten.” Those who raised concerns about the Administration’s cuts in emergency preparedness or the outrageous failure to supply testing kits were promulgating “a hoax.”

This blithe unconcern for the looming crisis was hardly limited to Trump. His satraps in the “alternative fact” industry took their cues from him to rest easy in a warm bubble bath of denialism. Rush Limbaugh, who received a Presidential Medal of Freedom at Trump’s latest State of the Union address, told his immense radio audience that the virus was “the common cold, folks.” And, by the way, “Keep in mind where the coronavirus came from. It came from a country that Bernie Sanders wants to turn the United States into a mirror image of: Communist China.” Mark Steyn, filling in for Limbaugh one day, said that a shelter-in-place order had been issued in the Bay Area because “it’s a big gay town, San Francisco, and they’re the ones with all the compromised immune systems.”...
New Yorker
I love right wing media for it's dedication to the truth.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:40 am
Right wing grifters on parade. It's a long parade stretching as far as the eye can see.
Quote:
The New York State Office of the Attorney General has told Newsmax TV host Wayne Allyn Root “to immediately cease and desist from making misleading claims” after the right-wing host touted alkaline silver as an important product for people who are concerned about coronavirus.

Root is the host of The Wayne Allyn Root Show on Newsmax TV, a cable news network that “reaches over 70 million cable/satellite homes and subscribers.” The network has positioned itself as an aggressively pro-Trump voice and recently began airing a program featuring former White House press secretary Sean Spicer and former Republican National Committee deputy communications director Lyndsay Keith. Its CEO is Christopher Ruddy, a Trump friend and adviser.

As Media Matters first reported, Root used his March 11 program to downplay concerns about the coronavirus. He then addressed people who were concerned about the virus by directing them to watch an ad touting a suspect silver product. Root stated: “‘My Doctor Suggests’ message is next. You fear coronavirus, here’s a very important message now.” Newsmax then aired an ad for MyDoctorSuggests.com featuring Gordon Pedersen, who claims to have an “all-natural solution” that “destroys” things like “viruses.” (The advertisement also touted a promo code specific to Root.)
MM
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:42 am
@blatham,
Obama was down more against Clinton than Bernie is against Biden.
blatham

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 08:58 am
@Lash,
I'd be delighted to make a $200 wager on outcome. We could send our funds to Hightor, say, and he could disperse when outcome finalized.
Lash

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:21 am
@blatham,
I’ll bet you $50. that Obama vs Clinton came back from a deficit larger than Bernie vs Biden.

snood

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:23 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Obama was down more against Clinton than Bernie is against Biden.

When? At the beginning? By February 2008, Obama had the lead in delegates and maintained it throughout the rest of the primaries.

http://centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/jms2008060501/

http://demconwatch.blogspot.com/2008/02/ultimate-delegate-tracker.html
maporsche

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 10:46 am
@snood,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks Snood for bringing that in.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 12:44 pm
And God, from an abundance of caution, makes His choice of first Senator...
Quote:
Sen. Rand Paul’s (R-KY) office announced Sunday afternoon that he has tested positive for COVID-19, making him the first senator and the third known member of Congress to test positive for the coronavirus.

In a tweet via Paul’s account, the Kentucky senator’s office said that after being tested out of “an abundance of caution” in light of his extensive travel and events, he is asymptomatic while being in quarantine.
TPM
Quote:
Amanda Marcotte
@AmandaMarcotte
10m
One of the 8 senators who voted against the coronavirus relief bill, mind you.

0 Replies

blatham

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 12:50 pm
Jesse Lee, former senior advisor to Pelosi makes a good suggestion
Quote:
Trump re-election slogan: “I don’t take any responsibility at all.”
coldjoint

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 12:56 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Trump re-election slogan: “I don’t take any responsibility at all.”

Is that much different than Obama blaming Bush for everything? Trump will be re-elected.
blatham

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 12:58 pm
Quote:
Ashton Pittman
@ashtonpittman
· 2h
Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves “has no intention" of closing the state's beaches "nor anywhere else" due to #COVID19 currently, Mississippi Sen. Joel Carter, whose district includes the coast, tweeted. Alabama's governor closed their beaches last week. | https://mississippifreepress.com/mississippi-mayors-covid-19.html

Because right wing Republicans are like geniuses.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 01:01 pm
https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/06-Wuhan-LI-600a.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 01:04 pm
@coldjoint,
when did Obama incorrectly blame Bush for anything??

Im not saying that youre wrong, (Like you just did when you claimed that Trump never claimed that Coronavirus was a new hoax by the Dema)

I just wanna know, Im not a self claimed genius like you and ollie.
blatham

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 01:06 pm
Quote:
Travis Akers
@travisakers
· 2h
Bryant Culpepper tells citizens that using a blow dryer to blow hot air in your nose will kill the coronavirus because he “saw it on OANN... the new Fox News.”

Culpepper is the Commissioner of Okeechobee County in Florida.

I watched the video. Culpepper, in giving credence to this claim, said that it had come from OANN which he described as a "reliable source".
glitterbag

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 01:10 pm
@blatham,
OAN?????? are you kidding me??
farmerman

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 01:17 pm
@glitterbag,
The war on science goes on .The southern theater is firmly under control by the GOP .
coldjoint

Sun 22 Mar, 2020 01:23 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
OAN?????? are you kidding me??

NYT, WP, the MSM are you kidding me?
0 Replies