monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Frugal1

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 10:29 am
@blatham,
Trump's % is over 50.

The release states:

Overall positive reactions: 49% of respondents thought the speech was good or excellent, compared to 39% who found it only fair or poor. Additionally, 55% of voters thought it was better than they expected it to be.

Much more optimistic than pessimistic: 51% found the speech optimistic and 50% found it hopeful. Only 26% found it to be pessimistic.

“America First” is a hit: 65% of voters reacted positively to the passage in which Trump said, “It’s going to be America First.” 22% reacted negatively to this concept.

Definitely not boring: only 21% of respondents found the speech boring, compared to 57% who didn’t.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 10:36 am
@blatham,
Quote:
On Thursday, the group of scientists who orchestrate the Doomsday Clock, a symbolic instrument informing the public when the earth is facing imminent disaster, moved its minute hand to two and a half minutes before the final hour.

It was the closest the clock had been to midnight since 1953, the year after the United States and the Soviet Union conducted competing tests of the hydrogen bomb.
[...]
“We’re so concerned about the rhetoric, and the lack of respect for expertise, that we moved it 30 seconds,” she said. “Rather than create panic, we’re hoping that this drives action.”
Source
http://i67.tinypic.com/331zlg6.jpg
Full report 'Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists'
blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 10:37 am
Alex Jones of InfoWars is claiming that he his media operation has an invitation to get into the WH briefing room.

If true, then this administration is pushing the US into the toilet much faster than anyone might have guessed.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 10:38 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That's very encouraging. Thanks a lot, Walter.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 10:42 am
Jesus christ
Quote:
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s job running the State Department just got considerably more difficult. The entire senior level of management officials resigned Wednesday, part of an ongoing mass exodus of senior foreign service officers who don’t want to stick around for the Trump era.
WP
farmerman

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 10:46 am
@blatham,
Mary Tyler Moore died. Ill get to T rex tomorrow, Im in mourning for my teenage crush
Baldimo

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 10:51 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The world knows Trump, and 2.6 million around the world let Trump know he's one of least popular American president to have existed.

2.6 million out of 7 billion...
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 10:54 am
@farmerman,
I know. The quick sand is quicker than we'd guessed.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 10:54 am
@blatham,
who didn't see that coming?

(it was all the talk at the holiday parties I mentioned earlier)

blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 11:02 am
@ehBeth,
You're clearly closer to this than me. I had no inkling.
0 Replies

giujohn

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 11:04 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

In ST. Louis the public radio station is going out of business because the government, congress, cut all its funds.

YEA!!!

Hooray for capitalism and free enterprise.
TomTomBinks

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 11:09 am
@Frugal1,
Quote:
Oh, you're one of those.

Yeah, Fruggy. Seems Hightor prefers facts to your opinion.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 11:11 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
He came in 2002, not a big visit and I was over seas.

This goes against your claims that no President since Reagan had paid a visit to the NSA. It doesn't matter if it was a big visit or not, he was there.

Quote:
He want to NSOC and the Crypto Museam which is located elsewhere away from hq's. But I'm sure if you keep googling you will convince yourself you know more about these things than I could possibly know. I'll bet you already think you do.

I claim no such thing, I'm just keeping you honest on your claims. I mean you called me out as ungrateful dewb because I disagreed with your take on Trumps speech at the CIA. I only pointed out that Obama gave a speech a few months after taking office and was cracking jokes and talking about the "souvenir shop" while standing in front of the very same sacred Stars. You got mad because I insinuated you were a hypocrite. Do I know more about the Intelligence field than you do? Nope, not even close. Do I know more about building a house than you do? More than likely, it doesn't make you an idiot though and it doesn't mean you don't know anything about a house or how it is built.
TomTomBinks

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 11:11 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
Hooray for capitalism and free enterprise.

...and goodbye to radio with quality content!
giujohn

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 11:12 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I am making no claim, but pointing out that "sending in the Feds" is something his predecessor was fond of and need not get anyone's panties in a twist.

He can't send in the US Military and the National Guard is not federal.

There are probably legal grounds for sending FBI agents in and they could take control of the operations, but that would hardly be the same as sending in an army of federal policing entities and, in any case, I doubt they will be carrying bayonets.

I'm going to disagree with on this one Finn. The president of confederal as the National Guard and send them into Chicago to quell the gang violence. There is precedent for it. If he was descending federal law enforcement it would not be the FBI it would most likely be a contingent of Federal Marshals. There's also precedent for that.
layman

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 11:17 am
@giujohn,
Yeah, John:

http://able2know.org/topic/355218-320#post-6351153
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 11:19 am
Things are so bad so early with Trump that I'm now beginning to wonder if the McConnell, Ryan, Pence universe is are thinking that maybe they have to find a way to get rid of Trump much earlier than they'd hoped would be necessary.
cicerone imposter

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 11:22 am
@blatham,
I was wondering how long it was going to be before people started abandoning Trump's ship. The guy is a con, bigot and liar. I see Paul Ryan has no ethics. My wife thought he was a nice guy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 11:23 am
@blatham,
I dunno. He seems to be following Pence's line in quite a few areas.
giujohn

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 11:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Quote:
On Thursday, the group of scientists who orchestrate the Doomsday Clock, a symbolic instrument informing the public when the earth is facing imminent disaster, moved its minute hand to two and a half minutes before the final hour.

It was the closest the clock had been to midnight since 1953, the year after the United States and the Soviet Union conducted competing tests of the hydrogen bomb.
[...]
“We’re so concerned about the rhetoric, and the lack of respect for expertise, that we moved it 30 seconds,” she said. “Rather than create panic, we’re hoping that this drives action.”
Source
http://i67.tinypic.com/331zlg6.jpg
Full report 'Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists'

Do you honestly believe that any critical thinking person would actually be concerned by this patently political and ridiculously transparent attemp to undermine Trump's presidency?
0 Replies