monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 01:07 am
Quote:
North Korea has celebrated the Trump-Kim summit as a great win for the country, with state media reporting that the US intends to lift sanctions.

The two leaders met on Tuesday, signing a brief declaration on denuclearisation and reducing tensions.

President Donald Trump said afterwards that sanctions would remain in place for now, but would be lifted once "nukes are no longer a factor".

He also announced an unexpected end to US-South Korea military drills.

The move - long demanded by Pyongyang - has been seen as major concession to North Korea and appeared to take US allies in the region by surprise.

The Pentagon has since sought to reassure its allies of its "ironclad" security commitments.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44464236
izzythepush

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 01:15 am
While the World's eyes are on NK the Saudis start a major offensive.

Quote:
Saudi-backed forces have begun an assault on the key Yemeni port of Hudaydah, which is held by rebels.

Hudaydah is the main point of entry for aid in Yemen's three-year civil war and agencies have warned of a humanitarian catastrophe if it is attacked.

More than seven million people in the war-torn country are dependent on aid.

Bombing started after Iranian-backed Houthi rebels ignored a deadline set by the exiled government to withdraw by midnight (21:00 GMT on Tuesday).

The Saudi-owned Al-Arabiya network reported that the "liberation" of Hudaydah had begun with a large-scale ground assault supported by air and naval cover.

Explosions were heard on the outskirts of the port city, it added.

"The liberation of Hudaydah port is a turning point in our struggle to recapture Yemen from the militias that hijacked it to serve foreign agendas," the government of President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi said.

The Saudi-backed coalition and the government have accused the rebels of using the port to smuggle in Iranian weapons, which the rebels deny.

The United Arab Emirates Junior Foreign Minister Anwar Gargash told the BBC that the coalition had run out of patience with diplomatic efforts after a previous 48-hour deadline expired.

He said the coalition wanted the UN to take control of the port but it was prepared to take military action if the Houthis refused to withdraw.

The civil war in Yemen has killed about 10,000 people over the past three years and created what the UN says is the world's worst humanitarian disaster.

A Saudi-led multinational coalition intervened in the conflict in Yemen in March 2015 as forces loyal to President Hadi battled the Houthi movement, which champions Yemen's Zaidi Shia Muslim minority.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-44463749
Blickers

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 01:16 am
@izzythepush,
So basically we got zilch and they got military exercises that protect South Korea to stop.
izzythepush

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 01:29 am
@Blickers,
If by 'we' you mean America, I think you're right, but Trump got a lot personally. His lickspittles are already waxing lyrical.

I've posted a link on the NK thread to a BBC opinion piece by 4 experts.

https://able2know.org/topic/450232-6#post-6659936
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 01:37 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Funny imagining a Trump/Trudeau boxing match, isn't it. Or Trump with Harry Reid. I think we all find it a great pity to be deprived of the visual of Donald Trump in the ring wearing boxing shorts designed by Ivanka.

Where in God's green earth would Ivanka find enough silky material? He doesn't even skip up the steps of aircraft like Reagan could, that flabby waste of oxygen can't even climb over or under the ropes.
glitterbag

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 01:39 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

coldjoint wrote:
I have traced my family back to the 9th century.
Well, that's really interesting (at least for me).

Where did you find the related document? (The document of my first known ancestor is from February 25, 1287. State Archive North Rhine Westphalia, Westphalian department, Prince Bishopric Münster No 263)

coldjoint wrote:
It means nothing.
True. Just interesting.

Liar, liar, pants on fire. What an idiot......well oops, maybe he has grown up in Russia.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 01:40 am
Of course, the other thing in the news lately worth mentioning is the star-chamber **** involving Tommy Robinson and the muslim grooming gangs which provide young English children to the sick pedo-pervos of the British elite and governing classes. Tommy Robinson will be the key to the final unraveling of the British Empire.

https://pics.me.me/law-and-police-resources-a-tale-oftwo-men-khuram-butt-22440338.png
glitterbag

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 01:43 am
@gungasnake,
How compelling, NOT.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 02:08 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Builder, you’d appreciate this. Trump bias is pretty virulent.

Thanks for the article. It's one more (good) reason to not be finding your information in the MSM for anything political these days. The bias is laughable.

Our tory criminal admin is attempting to gut our ABC and SBS reporting, while basically proffering convicted political manipulator Mudrock a free ride, both financially and corporate-based.

They actively gutted our national broadband network, to protect Rupert's hold on cable television, making 4G wireless a better option than cable.

They're also currently attempting to alter the constitution, making it impossible to convict them of treason, which they are clearly guilty of, through their continued coverups of bankster fraud.

Interesting times indeed.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 02:20 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
So basically we got zilch and they got military exercises that protect South Korea to stop.

There's more than just SK and NK involved here, Blickers. Japan and China just for starters.

It's a wait and see from me.
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 05:17 am
Freedom of speech.

"Just within the last several days alone, we had Bill Maher “hoping” for another recession because a crashing economy can hurt Trump’s reelection chances.

“Sorry if that hurts people,” Maher told his audience, “but it’s either root for a recession or you lose your democracy.”"
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 06:19 am
@roger,
Quote:
Might have been more than a few weeks.

Oh, now I gotcha. You read the sentence as Beth did.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 06:48 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Where in God's green earth would Ivanka find enough silky material? He doesn't even skip up the steps of aircraft like Reagan could, that flabby waste of oxygen can't even climb over or under the ropes.

The guy seems a creation of the Warner Brothers cartoon illustrators.
Builder

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 06:50 am
@blatham,
Quote:
The guy seems a creation of the Warner Brothers cartoon illustrators.

I doubt that you'd understand just how pathetic that makes you look.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 07:00 am
oh god in heaven, do do do watch this from the NYT
Trump Made Kim a Movie Trailer. We Made It Better.
georgeob1

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 09:02 am
@blatham,
It might be an eye opener for you to check out some of the NYT articles and editorials from Oct 18 - 19 1994, just after Clinton signed his "historic" agreement with Kin Jong Il. This agreement followed "threatened" sanctions from the US and provided front end monetary and other benefits to North Korea. The results, of course were virtually nothing at all.

This time very severe economic sanctions are already in place and will remain in effect until concrete steps have been taken to dismantle the North Korean Nuclear Weapons and Missile test Facilities. Our currently stated negotiating position calls for "complete, irreversible and verifiable" steps for both. That may well be modified going forward, but the differences here are quite stark. Odd that you failed to notice that.
revelette1

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 09:09 am
@georgeob1,
I must have missed the complete, irreversible and verifiable step as well, was it on the document Kim signed? I must have missed it.

Quote:
The statement refers to denuclearization of the entire Korean Peninsula, North Korea’s favored language. And while the United States in the past has demanded so-called CVID — or complete, verifiable, irreversible denuclearization — the statement does not include the words “verifiable” or “irreversible.”

The Hill
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 09:29 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
It might be an eye opener for you to check out some of the NYT articles and editorials from Oct 18 - 19 1994
Is that so? And you found these articles or references to them where, exactly?
Quote:
This time very severe economic sanctions are already in place and will remain in effect until concrete steps have been taken to dismantle the North Korean Nuclear Weapons and Missile test Facilities
I have a bridge here I'm forced to sell, exceptional condition with very low mileage...

coldjoint

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 09:38 am
@blatham,
Quote:
I have a bridge here I'm forced to sell, exceptional condition with very low mileage...

Didn't Bill Clinton buy one of those already in 1994?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 13 Jun, 2018 09:41 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
While the World's eyes are on NK the Saudis start a major offensive.

That keeps everyone's minds of gang rapes in the UK also. Are these Islamists any different than the ones you support already?
0 Replies