monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 11:56 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Disgracefully hilarious . . .

You have the milk of human kindness running through your veins.

Oh wait...was that another strawman fallacy? Cool
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 12:13 pm
Well, it does seem to be the only means you have of communicating here, given that we are not the monsters you would portray us as being.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 12:18 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Well, it does seem to be the only means you have of communicating here, given that we are not the monsters you would portray us as being.

Kettle calling the pot black?

Nasty shites given to spewing invectives are not monsters, just nasty shites.

Regardless, it's immaterial to your endorsement of the disgraceful Politico cartoon.
Setanta

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 12:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The disgrace is in the eye of the beholder. Hoist on your own petard--you are the "nasty shite" (the phony Brit affectation doesn't convince) par excellence around here. I called a spade a spade when I characterized Oralloy as a fascist, given that he is promoting a classic fascist tool of societal control--banning political parties. In addition, I come here for a variety or reasons, and post in a variety of threads, enjoying quite a few of the people here. Even Oralloy gets out more than you do, and posts elsewhere than the political threads. You, however, come here for no other purpose than to attack people and ideas--and when you cannot find a legitimate basis, you make one up.

https://thelogicofscience.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/strawman.png
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 01:41 pm
@Setanta,
What's with your fetish for straw?
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 01:52 pm
Apply a bit of basic environmental science and much of the worst flooding in Houston could have been avoided. The importance of leaving wetlands intact was known as far back as ancient Mesopotamia.

A Storm Forces Houston, the Limitless City, to Consider Its Limits
NYT
ossobucotemp

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 01:56 pm
@hightor,
I may well be wrong, but I remember worrying about what was happening some years ago now re the wetlands along the Mississippi River. If I remember, it caused more water to skid on southward.
hightor

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 01:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Was it really that "disgraceful"? You realize, of course, that it is only a certain type of Houstonian being lampooned — it seems like fair criticism. It's that "Tell the government to keep its greedy hands off my Medicare!" mentality. You may be taking political correctness a bit too far.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 02:05 pm
@hightor,
Yes it was given the suffering in the region
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 02:24 pm
Hmm . . . you didn't express any outrage over the extent of the suffering of the people struck by the car in Charlottesville. I guess in your case, the quality of mercy is strained--through a political sieve.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 02:26 pm
@Setanta,
Yes I did
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 02:32 pm
@Setanta,
Am I the only member who saw Orals post about how he thought it was 'fun seeing the fat girl hit by the car',.........but he's not violent?
fbaezer

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 02:55 pm
@blatham,
German? The language of the world's leading democracy?

It even sounds sweet from the mouth of my (German speaking) grandaughter.
wmwcjr

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 03:02 pm
@glitterbag,
Please see my post at https://able2know.org/topic/407068-16#post-6495112
snood

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 03:11 pm
Just curious... What is the rule for you "small government conservatives" - Is it "small government unless the big one hits"?
glitterbag

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 03:32 pm
@wmwcjr,
Thank you wmwcjr, I'll send a pm
maporsche

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 05:25 pm
@snood,
Also.....

https://twitter.com/theejamesdavis/status/902232966415261697
Quote:
Im 'Praying for Houston' but All Cities Matter...jk but thats how dumb that #AllLivesMatter **** sounds to us.
oralloy

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 06:53 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
What seems to be the problem with the Democratic Party?

Why do you ask questions that you already know the answer to?

The Democratic Party is maliciously abusing the legal process to harm innocent people merely because those people disagree with the Democrats' demented ideology.
oralloy

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 06:55 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Sure, not a fascist, just likes to propose things that are indistinguishable from Fascism, all in the name of achieving permanent supremacy for his preferred political party.

Outlawing a specific political party in response to that party having done something horrible is not in any way indistinguishable from Fascism.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
in that he's the kind of person who will never believe anything negative about Trump

The fact that I don't believe liberal falsehoods does not mean I won't believe facts and reality.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
and is likely to attempt some sort of half-assed revolt when Trump is eventually booted from office.

There are no prospects of Trump leaving office until after he has serves eight years as our president.

There are no prospects for the Democrats regaining the White House for the next 20 years.

Even after 20 years in the wilderness, the Democrats will not regain the White House until they purge all their liberals and nominate someone like Trump to lead their party.

That's presuming the Democrats don't get themselves outlawed by then.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 31 Aug, 2017 06:57 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Oh, Oralloy is. He merely directs his mud-slinging toward a third party,

That's vague enough that I can't even tell what you are referring to, so I don't know whether to protest or agree with the characterization.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
all whilst constantly retreating into totally unproven and frankly ridiculous assertions when challenged on the things he says.

If you have any questions when I assert a fact, feel free to ask for a cite. I'll do my best to provide one.
0 Replies