RABEL222

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 06:18 pm
@giujohn,
Hey stupid. The catholic church members I know, and I know more than a few, told me the priests in their church told them to vote republican because of abortion. The U S roman catholic church dont care about health care or any other liberal ideas unlike the Pope as long as they can increase membership by any means available. More people more money.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 06:31 pm
Democrats and progressives will claim that their opposition to Trump is simply fair turn around on the GOP and conservative opposition to Obama.

This may or may not be the case, but, regardless, it's been dialed up about 5 notches.

I guess they can feel good about it now, but it only assures that when the next Democrat is elected president, he or she will be nuked.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 10:10 pm
@RABEL222,
From Wiki on abortion.
Quote:
According to a poll conducted by Zogby International, 29% of Catholic voters choose their candidate based solely on the candidate's position on abortion; most of these vote for pro-life candidates. 44% believe a "good Catholic" cannot vote for a pro-choice politician, while 53% believe one can.[6]
68% of American Catholics believe that one can be a "good Catholic" while disagreeing with the church's position on abortion, approximately as many as members of other religious groups.[12] On this long-standing phenomenon of Catholics disagreeing with the Church's official position on abortion, Pope John Paul II commented: "It is sometimes claimed that dissent from the Magisterium is totally compatible with being a "good Catholic" and poses no obstacle to the reception of the sacraments. This is a grave error." In what the Los Angeles Times called a key admonition, he added: "It has never been easy to accept the Gospel teaching in its entirety, and it never will be."[81][82]
maporsche

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 11:35 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:
You can't even get many illegal immigrants to call the police or to go to the doctor when they're deathly ill.

I don't agree with this and I don't think you can point to anything that proves this. Have you ever been to an emergency room? A majority of illegal immigrants go there for their primary care, they can't be turned away. It doesn't matter if they have a cold or anything else, they know they can't be turned away and they don't have to worry about paying the bill. While it is mentioned many times by the news media and others, like you tried to do, it is common knowledge that the laws favor the illegal immigrant and not the American taxpayer. How many cities now consider themselves to be "sanctuary cities"?

Whenever you start a sentence with a variation of "I (don't) think" you should probably just delete it.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/whats-holding-undocumented-immigrants-back/
maporsche

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 11:36 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Democrats and progressives will claim that their opposition to Trump is simply fair turn around on the GOP and conservative opposition to Obama.

This may or may not be the case, but, regardless, it's been dialed up about 5 notches.

I guess they can feel good about it now, but it only assures that when the next Democrat is elected president, he or she will be nuked.

Dialed up 5 notches huh? He's not even sworn in yet. How has it been dialed up at all.

Do you mean "words" instead of actual obstruction? I thought you guys were big and tough and not afraid of any little words the little baby democrats threw at your majorities.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 12:26 pm
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15665884_10211375787100827_389784106904511780_n.jpg?oh=618001813bd39503fd4c71c9db3174e6&oe=58EB4620
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 12:40 pm
@maporsche,
Your silly taunts about manliness doesn't help your position.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 12:43 pm
@gungasnake,
That is total bullshit. What you ZzWILL find Trump dong is pushing some unwilling woman not hiswife, against a wall, forcing his tongue down her throat , and. Groping her.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 12:47 pm
@gungasnake,
And i might add obama got more votes. Twice. Trump did not, not by a long shot.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 12:49 pm
@maporsche,
The article proves nothing but one mans "research". There are no real facts, but what he feels from talking to illegal immigrants. He doesn't understand how things really work and the how the last 8 years have encouraged illegal immigrants to break the law in every way possible.
maporsche

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 01:01 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

The article proves nothing but one mans "research". There are no real facts, but what he feels from talking to illegal immigrants. He doesn't understand how things really work and the how the last 8 years have encouraged illegal immigrants to break the law in every way possible.

It's an article resulting from research done at UCLA. The research is linked to in the article. I gather you didn't even read it.

If you want to read the research done, you're more than welcome to. There were four authors to the research conducted. You can find out more here.

Regardless, it's evidence. What are you bringing to the table?

http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/33/5/840.abstract
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 01:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
I think you've confused Trump with Bill Clinton.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 01:18 pm
@maporsche,
So UCLA, which is in a city that is a sanctury city, does research to say illegal immigrants don't use services, I'm suppose to believe the research? They have a vested interest in making it look like illegal immigrants aren't robbing US tax payers blind.
maporsche

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 01:20 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

So UCLA, which is in a city that is a sanctury city, does research to say illegal immigrants don't use services, I'm suppose to believe the research? They have a vested interest in making it look like illegal immigrants aren't robbing US tax payers blind.

I thought you guys didn't question the sources of data, or does that only apply to alt-right sources that claim HIllary and 20% of congress is running a child sex trade out of a pizza joint?

You're bringing nothing to the table Baldimo. Literally nothing.
maporsche

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 01:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Your silly taunts about manliness doesn't help your position.

My position doesn't need any help. Yours does.

How have the democrats obstructed the Trump administration as of January 5th, 2017. And how do you measure such obstruction to be '5 notches' greater than what McConnell and republicans did to Obama?

I'm guessing you won't answer.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 01:48 pm
@maporsche,
The mere fact that there has been any pre-inaugural efforts to delegitmize the Trump presidency distinguishes it from what happened to Obama.

(You guessed wrong)
giujohn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 01:53 pm
@RABEL222,
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 02:00 pm
@maporsche,
I'll give you a B for effort. You can't try and pin something on me I never said. It's a continued deflection of not knowing what you are talking about. Do you really think a University who agree's with sanctuary city policies is going to release honest "research" on illegal immigrants? Of course they aren't. Why don't you actually talk to someone who works in an emergency room and then come talk to me.
giujohn

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 02:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

From Wiki on abortion.
Quote:
According to a poll conducted by Zogby International, 29% of Catholic voters choose their candidate based solely on the candidate's position on abortion; most of these vote for pro-life candidates. 44% believe a "good Catholic" cannot vote for a pro-choice politician, while 53% believe one can.[6]
68% of American Catholics believe that one can be a "good Catholic" while disagreeing with the church's position on abortion, approximately as many as members of other religious groups.[12] On this long-standing phenomenon of Catholics disagreeing with the Church's official position on abortion, Pope John Paul II commented: "It is sometimes claimed that dissent from the Magisterium is totally compatible with being a "good Catholic" and poses no obstacle to the reception of the sacraments. This is a grave error." In what the Los Angeles Times called a key admonition, he added: "It has never been easy to accept the Gospel teaching in its entirety, and it never will be."[81][82]

Hell, I know catholic priests who were in opposition to Rome who left the diocese and started there own church and brouht the concregation with them and they are VERY politically and socially active. And they protect illegal aliens at all costs and incourages them to vote.

So Rabell, don't you feel completely stupid now? But then you're probably used to it, huh?

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 02:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

The mere fact that there has been any pre-inaugural efforts to delegitmize the Trump presidency distinguishes it from what happened to Obama.

(You guessed wrong)

The great thing about the internet is that you don't need to rely on Finn's faulty and selective memory.

All of these were posted after Obama was elected and before he was sworn in.

There's the obvious example where people tried to delegitimize the Obama presidency with this whole birther movement thing. Trump was a leader among them, if you remember. It was part of the most recent election after all.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2008/12/change_they_can_litigate.html

Then there's just the regular backlash against any new administration.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/3464679/Conservative-backlash-begins-against-Barack-Obama.html

Then there were the hate crimes resulting from pissed off racists.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2008/1117/p03s01-uspo.html