giujohn

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 01:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
Oh, well I've eaten brie and camembert but never in site of others...After all I have an image to maintain.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 01:59 pm
@giujohn,
Ah ha, a secret cheese eater himself who condemns it in others, how hypocritical.5
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 03:34 pm
@Frugal1,
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0hd8XhUcAAtpHU.jpg:large
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 11:10 pm
All you conservatives can post is your preprogramed conservative bull shyt?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2016 11:42 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Very interesting and thoughtful post. Thanks.

Thank you, although that tip of the hat seems to have garnered you a few of the dread "Down Turned Thumbs of A2K" Smile

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas.

No matter who is in the White House or bound for it, the world is a crazy place, but around this time of year we get a couple of days when we can pretend we all live in a beautiful snow globe and everyone loves each other.

I've been trying hard to keep the schadenfreude under wraps so as not to upset my progressive family and friends, I don't really remember them trying to disguise their glee over Obama's victories in 2008 and 2012, but they're all so compassionate and big-hearted that they must have. Never-the-less peace has reigned in the absence of political discussion.

The festivities have come to an end, the guests have all left and the family's all gone to bed, so now I get to visit this place where there's no reason at all to avoid politics, and some reason to indulge in a bit of nose rubbing, and point out to anyone who may be listening, that a whole lot of us in this country have been enjoying this Christmas season a good deal more than a whole lot of our fellow citizens, and we can thank Donald J Trump for that, surely temporary, resetting of the scales.

I can probably write the Usual Suspects' responses to this post for them:

"Blah, blah, blah, Jesus would be ashamed...blah, blah, blah."

"Blah, blah, blah, Putin got a great Christmas present...blah, blah, blah."

"Blah, blah, blah, Paul Krugman just wrote a simply smashing piece on how delicious it will be to watch Trump overwhelm Movement Conservatives, the Koch Brothers, and Grover Norquist, in pursuit of his desire to run the world"...blah, blah, blah..."From Putin's feet!"

and finally

"Blah, blah, blah, tRump is AN IDIOT!!...blah, blah, blah."

So with that. I will bid all good night with sincere wishes that everyone will enjoy a happy, healthy and prosperous 2017!
georgeob1

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 12:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas.

I've been trying hard to keep the schadenfreude under wraps so as not to upset my progressive family and friends, I don't really remember them trying to disguise their glee over Obama's victories in 2008 and 2012, but they're all so compassionate and big-hearted that they must have. Never-the-less peace has reigned in the absence of political discussion.

The festivities have come to an end, the guests have all left and the family's all gone to bed, so now I get to visit this place where there's no reason at all to avoid politics, and some reason to indulge in a bit of nose rubbing, and point out to anyone who may be listening, that a whole lot of us in this country have been enjoying this Christmas season a good deal more than a whole lot of our fellow citizens, and we can thank Donald J Trump for that, surely temporary, resetting of the scales.

I did indeed. It was a wonderful time, with family, grandkids, great weather and good times at home, with friends and at restaurants. Thanks for the good wishes.

I doubted Trump would win and didn't see any possibilities until it was announced he carried Ohio. His actions, words and appointments since the election and the people he has selected to head the various departments of government give me added confidence that this is likely to be a major positive event for our country. Indeed, in retrospect, the logic and pattern of his ascent is quite clear.

There is still a great deal of opposition, but my strong impression is that support for him is growing daily. Meanwhile his opponents appear to be in a permanent state of denial and anger that has so far prevented any rational self-examination and rethinking on their parts, making them look a bit more ridiculous every day. My initial schadenfreude has turned to pity

We live in a very secular age that is quickly discarding old values and religion, but which so far offered nothing but vague notions of what is politically correct (i.e. that everything is equal and of the same value) as a substitute. It is indeed a poor, banal substitute, devoid of color, spiritual meaning , and even logic.

History has not ended, and in many ways I believe the world is fast headed back to the 19th century, but doing so without any memory of the lessons learned in the 20th century . Putin strikes me as a modern version of Nicholas I, and some current issues in the EU are reminiscent of those that faced Austria Hungary in the late 19th century. Erdogan in Turkey appears to seek a recreation of the Ottoman Empire.

Meanwhile the western world faces a resurgence of Islam, this time led by fanatics who represent the worst elements of its long-term history. We need to see it for what it is , and act accordingly. I suspect that the USA will soon restrict immigration from many Moslem countries – a good thing in my view, and something that might blunt the achievements of fanatics and motivate others in the Moslem world to themselves exhibit some of the tolerance they seek in and demand the West. The awful event in the Berlin Christmas Market a few days ago was but one in a continuing chain of such events. The Western World has every right, not for revenge, but to cut off the sources of such events. Let's hope it finds the will to do so.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 02:03 pm
I feel as though it's more than appropriate to challenge any Trump that chooses to be part of his transition team or have a say in his administration. His nepotism seems pretty off the charts compared to recent administrations. The confluence between his business and his presidency will likely raise a lot of questions as well.

In no sane world should his kids, who are running his business and have been part of his transition team thus far, be off limits.

There is no comparison to the Obama's whose children have been out of the spotlight and are merely teenagers.

I don't condone that video of her being yelled at on the plane with her children present however. If she were alone though I have no problem with people questioning her in public.
giujohn

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2016 02:57 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I feel as though it's more than appropriate to challenge any Trump that chooses to be part of his transition team or have a say in his administration. His nepotism seems pretty off the charts compared to recent administrations. The confluence between his business and his presidency will likely raise a lot of questions as well.

In no sane world should his kids, who are running his business and have been part of his transition team thus far, be off limits.

There is no comparison to the Obama's whose children have been out of the spotlight and are merely teenagers.

I don't condone that video of her being yelled at on the plane with her children present however. If she were alone though I have no problem with people questioning her in public.

Yeah well Sasha couldn't have been any worse at handling foreign policy than Obammy was...And probably would have been better.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 12:42 am
@maporsche,
The tRump network TMZ is the news site that claimed he screamed at her and her kids. Witnesses who were on the plane said he was calm and reasonable.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 09:51 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
As I understand it he dident shriek. He spoke in a normal tone. Whose making up shyt now? I bet you think that the crap conservatives say about Obama that certainly are not true dosent bother the girls at all. After 8 years of lying rants from republicans the girls are probably used to it, but still it has to hurt them not that it would bother you. Now back to my original question. Has the donald divested himself of business ties that would prove problems to the governance of this country and has he produced his tax returns yet? Or does he intend to use the presidency to make himself richer?

1. You said:

"The kids should not be attacked because they are not responsible for the crap their grandad and parents are going to pull. I noticed that you dont feel the same way about Obamas kids. Teenagers dont count?"

I will ask you again for a link to where I indicated that I thought Obama's kids could be accosted about their father's behavior.

2. Please cite your source for the assertion that he spoke in a normal tone.

As for the financial stuff, I will not allow you to flee from our discussion by introducing new topics we were not discussing. I would be happy to discuss that with you some other time.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 10:09 am
Tolerant liberals are as rare as moderate muslims...

White husband confesses to wife to setting their cars on fire and painting racial slur on their garage door in staged 'hate crime'

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 10:14 am
@Frugal1,
Sounds like a drmented conservative to me . and he"s a texan--not many liberals there. FAIL, frug
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 10:17 am
@MontereyJack,
Read the story - it's intolerant liberals causing ALL of the problems in the USA.

I hope they are charged & jailed.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 10:48 am
@Frugal1,
I did read it, did you? You want to tell me wherr in it it ftalks about his politics?
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 10:51 am
@MontereyJack,
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 10:56 am
@MontereyJack,
My mother is dead. How like an incoonsiderate lying conservtive you are to speak ill of her
giujohn

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 11:02 am
@MontereyJack,
Yeah like he knew your mother was dead... That's if she is really dead you could be lying
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 11:04 am
@giujohn,
Frugal1

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 11:07 am
@MontereyJack,
Well then, read my comment in the past tense.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2016 11:07 am
@giujohn,
0 Replies