RABEL222

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 09:17 pm
@Builder,
Maybe, but Hillary isn't the crookedest president we've ever had. tRump is.
Builder

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 09:26 pm
@RABEL222,
She's never been president, and neither has Trump.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 02:01 am
@giujohn,
Which is not that far from the situation we now have. The blue states support the red states already. The bitching and whining conservative red states are net consumers of the tax dollars that keep them going. Those tax dollars come from the Democratic blue states, the Californias, the New Yorks, the Massachusetts. If we should shut the pipeline down, you guys would be in deep ****.
Lash

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 06:17 am
@Builder,
Having to fend off a LOT of shrill emotional 😭 insanity lately.
giujohn

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 06:39 am
@MontereyJack,
So say you...Let's see the break down.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Builder

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 02:44 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Having to fend off a LOT of shrill emotional 😭 insanity lately.

At least we haven't had any suicides, though some are conspicuous in their absence. Shocked

What's really weird (to me) is that they can't seem to accept that people don't like either candidate. I was saying from the start that out of 330 million people, is this really the best you've got? Rolling Eyes Drunk

Even Michael Moore, who clearly hates his new prez, predicted his win, and told people why. But they still don't get it. *shakes head*.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 03:18 pm
@Builder,
It's really sad to see how our politics have progressed to this point. I'm not sure there's any solution for our future.
Builder

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 03:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Australia's is in pretty bad shape as well. It's clear that neither major party can now hold the "balance of power" without cowtowing to a radical right minority.

The hate is building up across the board, and friendships are failing over it.

Anarchy is one answer, and it's not as bad as it sounds. I've long maintained that trucking companies and local councils actually keep the nation running.

Our parliament takes a whole twelve weeks off "work" over Christmas, and nothing changes. They're parasites.

Your Congress is the same. Corporatocracy is the new paradigm, and the legal system has been rigged to protect them, no matter what happens.

As George Carlin famously stated (in partial jest) It's a big club, and you (we) ain't in it.

Even if a corporate entity or bank gets too far over the line, their punishment never fits the crime. It's often less than one percent of their profit.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Frugal1

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 04:17 pm

Hateful Far Left Gay Couple Stalks Ivanka Trump at JFK – Chased Her Down Terminal
RABEL222

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 06:01 pm
@Frugal1,
Its OK. The poor little billionaire's secret service people kicked then off the plane. We dont want low class citizens telling her what a jerk her daddy is.
Frugal1

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 08:02 pm
@RABEL222,
Tolerant liberal are a rare as moderate muslims.
Brandon9000

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 09:16 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Has tRump put his businesses in a blind trust yet? Does anyone believe that he wont use the presidency to make himself and his family richer than Putin?

Criticizing someone for something he hasn't done is logically invalid.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2016 09:22 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Its OK. The poor little billionaire's secret service people kicked then off the plane. We dont want low class citizens telling her what a jerk her daddy is.

To accost a mother with her children on a plane because you disagree with her politics is inappropriate and shows the true character of the left. They're the people who appeared at Trump rallies, committed violence against people and property, and blocked public streets when their fellow citizens sought to assemble to discuss their political ideas. They're the people who made death threats against electors for Trump. They're the people trying to intimidate any entertainers who might perform at the inauguration including 16 year old singer Jackie Evancho.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 12:59 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

TRUST ME, I am all too aware of which assholes are responsible for the post-truth era! Why do you think I hate them?

They invented public gaslighting--of course, it only works when the media is in your pocket. The anti-democratic combination of a Clinton in power enjoying the corrupt collusion of a subservient media trumps a Trump every time. The possible results are truly bloodchilling.

Truly!

The News and Entertainment Media are extremely powerful forces in America and the Left has them both in the palm of it's sweaty hand.

Hollywood is a unique world of Drama Kings & Queens that is perfectly suited for the Emotion vs Reason zeitgeist of the progressive Left. Fortunately the harm it can cause is mitigated by it's obvious, pretentious inanity.

We're not so fortunate as respects the News media. It has what should be considered a sacred trust as the Fourth Estate, but it, for the most part, has become the lapdog of one hemisphere of the power structure in America. With this election, all pretense of objectivity disappeared, with some of it's leading lights actually admitting that they believed that it was their duty to jettison impartiality! Of course it was clear that it had lost it's journalistic integrity long ago, but the admission opened the door for it be a blatant advocate and weapon of the Left.

As a result, folks in the MSM have approval ratings below those of even the members of Congress, but they still retain a lot of power and the ability to be a disrupting force.

Thank God for what now some are calling The Fifth Estate, bloggers and online journalists who refuse to accept all of the lies published by their corrupt antecedent. So while the MSM happily accepted "fake news" stories like Dan Rather's fraudulent hit piece on GWB, the "bloggers' dug deeper and discovered the truth of Rather's, at best, gross negligence as a reporter. Still, disgraced and exiled by CBS, the unrepentant partisan hack is still trying to influence public thought, and, incredibly, is successful in some quarters.

Unfortunately the Fifth Estate operates in a world somewhat akin to the Wild West and there are plenty of hucksters spreading innuendo and outright falsehood, but there are enough sources with solid credentials to hold the MSM to the truth. It is also unfortunate, however, that they do not, at present, have the audience size of the corrupted MSM and there aren't enough Americans who care enough about the truth to question what they read in the NY Times or hear on CBS, NBC or ABC. Still the MSM and the Left (redundant I know) has them in their sights with all this staged paranoia about "fake news"

They tried as hard as they could to help Clinton defeat Trump and now, before he has even taken the oath of office, they are trying to hamstring his presidency. I have subscriptions to both the NYT and Washington Post and every morning my e-mail inbox is filled with "news" and opinion attacking Trump and his nominees and associates. Paul Waldman of WAPO is among the worst, actually going so far as to write that Trump's tweets were going to get someone killed! (Because of course his supporters are all violent "deplorables" that will tear to shreds anyone upon whom he sics them. And this is despite the fact that claims of racist and homophobic violence by these "deplorables" have repeatedly been shown to be hoaxes and even staged crimes.)

Now we see one simple example of the result of fomenting rage in their emotionally unstable audience. A premeditated, verbal assault by some unhinged miscreant; launched against Trump's daughter while she was on a plane with her children. Can you imagine how the MSM would be carrying on if a Trump supporter had done the same to Chelsea Clinton or, God Forbid, the Obama children? Instead the typical shameful response from the Left's media lapdogs is something like "I don't condone it [i]but[/i] it's being blown out of proportion. Ivanka may be his daughter but she gives him advice and so is fair game."

There is no "but" in a situation like that.

I've said it before, Trump had better be the fighter everyone considers him because he has four years of war ahead of him, and the Secret Service better remain especially diligent because I'm sure there's more than one insane person out there who has been led to believe he or she will be saving not only America but the world by eliminating Donald Trump.

What is really sick, is that if such a horrible crime was committed there would be a legion of people who would never commit it themselves but will secretly rejoice; all the while weakly condemning the act and finding as many "buts" as they can. I'm absolutely convinced of this but pray I'm never proven correct.

It's going to get worse before it ever gets better.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 01:03 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

So say you...Let's see the break down.

Don't hold your breath waiting, but if it is ever forthcoming you will find that a huge proportion of the so-called Red State welfare is money being spent on military installations with these states.
giujohn

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 03:08 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I have no problem with my tax dollars being spent on defense. But if it ever becomes the country of California we can subsidize are military spending by charging The Californians for water.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 03:15 am
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

Tolerant liberal are a rare as moderate muslims.

They should have been arrested. And led away in handcuffs
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 04:07 pm
@Brandon9000,
You are absolutely full of it. Her and her husband are part of trumps government and should expect to be attacked for her daddys programs. The kids should not be attacked because they are not responsible for the crap their grandad and parents are going to pull. I noticed that you dont feel the same way about Obamas kids. Teenagers dont count?