Are the presidential election results real? Or simply a simulation?

Builder

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 01:13 am
@oristarA,
It's science now?

You've made claims that you're unable to confirm, or elaborate on, so you say I'm not up with the science?

Have you heard of obfuscation? It's your game here.
oristarA

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 10:06 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

It's science now?

You've made claims that you're unable to confirm, or elaborate on, so you say I'm not up with the science?

Have you heard of obfuscation? It's your game here.

It becomes increasingly clear that you lack common sense of science.

Your conclusion of "obfuscation" here is simply a psychological projection of your unconscious mind, not my game.

Let me make it clear for you.

The central issue that let to this unpleasant situation is about the BUTTON of nuke.

I've told you my source. You could have simply told me your source and we can now get along with each other very well. But you kept dodging - you've even lost the courage to tell whether it was from Wikipedia, or some American official/governmental sites. A man who respects science has the basic ability of candid admission of flaws when new information is available. You've either lied (pretending to have done the research) or lacked the fundamental scientific quality.

Why not tell me your source of the nuke button procedure? If you don't know, just tell me you don't know. It'll be okay.
Builder

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 03:31 pm
Quote:
In movies and popular culture, the president is depicted as having a finger on the button. In fact, there is no button, but rather a vast complex of rules and equipment, including careful procedures for the military to authenticate the identity of the commander in chief. The president’s emergency satchel — a black briefcase full of war plans, authentication codes and communication devices — follows him (or her) just about everywhere, carried by an aide trained in the procedures.

The president’s authority over nuclear decision-making challenges the Constitution’s clear declaration that only Congress holds the power to declare war. In practice, the arrival of the nuclear age dismantled the traditional rules by rewriting the timelines of war. It would take 12 minutes or less for weapons fired from submarines to reach Washington, and 30 minutes for warheads from most intercontinental missiles. Bombs dropped by aircraft, if they could pierce the country’s air defenses, would take only hours.

Source

There's the reality. Less than 12 minutes to make a decision on MAD.

And there's your constitution. Not taken into account in this scenario.

Now, identify the other players in a MAD scenario.
Builder

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 05:07 pm
And here's how the MSM's persona assassination attempt backfired completely.

https://www.facebook.com/mikevscorner/videos/915986821835558/
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2016 09:42 pm
@oristarA,

Quote:
It becomes increasingly clear that you lack common sense of science.

We're discussing election results, not science.

Quote:
Your conclusion of "obfuscation" here is simply a psychological projection of your unconscious mind, not my game.

Claiming that a discussion on election results is now science is exactly obfuscation.

Quote:
Let me make it clear for you.

See above. You've muddied the waters of your own thread here.

Quote:
The central issue that let to this unpleasant situation is about the BUTTON of nuke.

Again, see above. There is no button. I've told you this a few pages ago.

Quote:
I've told you my source.

No, you did no such thing. You alluded to a source, and gave an excuse as to why you could not reveal them.

Quote:
You could have simply told me your source and we can now get along with each other very well.

See above. A simple web search could have shown you the same results.

Quote:
But you kept dodging

I don't dodge. You dodged. You alluded to a source, without stating the resource factually.

Quote:
- you've even lost the courage to tell whether it was from Wikipedia, or some American official/governmental sites.

Wikipedia isn't an acceptable source.

Quote:
A man who respects science has the basic ability of candid admission of flaws when new information is available.

Again, this is politics; not science; but thanks for your admission.

Quote:
You've either lied (pretending to have done the research) or lacked the fundamental scientific quality.

See above. No need to lie about the facts.

Quote:
Why not tell me your source of the nuke button procedure? If you don't know, just tell me you don't know. It'll be okay.

I'm sure you'll be okay. The source is not a secret. You pretending it is, can be quite candidly funny, though.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2016 11:59 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Source

There's the reality. Less than 12 minutes to make a decision on MAD.

And there's your constitution. Not taken into account in this scenario.

Now, identify the other players in a MAD scenario.

This source, basically or almost completely, confirms my source, if you have read through the NYTimes article.

Mrs. Clinton was/is right: Mr. Trump is not trustworthy on nuke power.

Your confusion (or described in your own word: obfuscation) arose from two points:

(1) Nuke button
(2) How the Constitution goes well with the President's privilege on nuke.

The article has answered (2):

Quote:
As a result, Congress began delegating the powers of nuclear war-fighting to the president, starting with Harry S. Truman — the only president who has ever ordered a nuclear strike against another nation.

Authorized by Congress, the President wields his nuke power within the Constitution to defend his country.

I will answer (1) later.

I'm glad that to some extent you've showed there is some honesty in you. You've made progress despite your lingering, haunting obfuscation, which, of course, I will clear anyways.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 02:23 am
Now you think you've learned what obfuscation means, look up patronising arsehole. You fit both descriptors.
oristarA

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 02:51 am
@Builder,
Spouting out such nasty words only shows your weak-mindedness. You poor soul.

I'm reconsidering whether you are worth to talk to.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:40 am
At the beginning of this year, Hawking warned of the risk of nuclear war. Now, with Trump as president-elect, the risk has been dramatically increased.

Quote:

Hawking: Humans at risk of lethal 'own goal'

Humanity is at risk from a series of dangers of our own making, according to Prof Stephen Hawking.

Nuclear war, global warming and genetically-engineered viruses are among the scenarios he singles out.

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/ABDE/production/_87789934_965eaeab-967e-4d1e-bf15-75438752f556.jpg

giujohn

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:55 am
@oristarA,
Hawking should stick to physics... He doesn't know **** about politics.
maporsche

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:50 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Isn't that what people said about Trump (switching 'physics' to 'business')?
giujohn

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 12:36 pm
@maporsche,
LOL... politics is business... it's all business.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 09:00 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

I wonder what you yourself should stick to, and by what standards do you have the audacity to declare that you know politics?

Prof. Hawking is a world citizen. He has every right to talk about the science of politics.
giujohn

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 09:05 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

giujohn wrote:

I wonder what you yourself should stick to, and by what standards do you have the audacity to declare that you know politics?

Prof. Hawking is a world citizen. He has every right to talk about the science of politics.

A political science degree and experience as a Legislative Assistant for a Senator.

What the hell is a world citizen? He's not even that gifted as a physicist. If it wasn't for the fact that he was in a wheelchair and has survived this long with ALS he would not be noteworthy at all.
maporsche

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 09:25 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

oristarA wrote:

giujohn wrote:

A political science degree and experience as a Legislative Assistant for a Senator.

What the hell is a world citizen? He's not even that gifted as a physicist. If it wasn't for the fact that he was in a wheelchair and has survived this long with ALS he would not be noteworthy at all.

YOU certainly do not get to question his value to the physics community. He's forgotten more than you've ever known I'd reckon.
oristarA

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:14 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

oristarA wrote:

giujohn wrote:

For thirty years, Hawking was the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge, a post ever held by Isaac Newton. You think that his wheelchair is so powerful as to bringing him to the post (one of the most prestigious academic posts in the world)? Wiki is right by pointing out that "Hawking was the first to set forth a theory of cosmology explained by a union of the general theory of relativity and quantum mechanics." He's one of the most creative thinkers of science on this planet.

Science is without borders. Hawking won popularity around the world by his popular science work. He is a world citizen in the sense of science.

Does Trump know any **** about politics? Why not tell him go home to enjoy his wealth and his life? His inconsistency has profoundly damaged the reputation of the politics of the United States.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:20 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

YOU certainly do not get to question his value to the physics community. He's forgotten more than you've ever known I'd reckon.

Go read The Grand Design by Hawking, a masterpiece of popular science which will make him unforgettable in your mind.
giujohn

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 10:27 pm
@maporsche,
Well I have studied Quantum physics and cosmology and while I'm no a physicist it is accepted by that community that with the exception of Hawking Radiation he is merely a mediocre physicist.
maporsche

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:46 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Well I have studied Quantum physics and cosmology and while I'm no a physicist it is accepted by that community that with the exception of Hawking Radiation he is merely a mediocre physicist.

Oh, so you've read a book or to. Well so have I.

And your argument is that if you take away the things that make Hawking exceptional, he not all that exceptional.

Any proof the physics community thinks as you've described them?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2016 11:47 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

maporsche wrote:

Go read The Grand Design by Hawking, a masterpiece of popular science which will make him unforgettable in your mind.

I've read everything he's written along with dozens of other physics books.