How do you like to be approached by men?

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:07 pm
paulaj wrote:
What does 'out of the box type' mean? I need tutoring.

Well look at that, it's Gustousechloroformwiffer up above me. Hi Gus.

I don't believe it, I have 999 posts. Does the next one make me a seasoned member? huhhhhhhhhhhh? Well does it? I'm so excited I can barely type.

What if I explode when it reaches 1000. I think, I'm just going to keep typing in this box and savor my time in the hundreds column.

Come on, you can do it! go for 1000!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:08 pm
dlowan wrote:
kickycan wrote:
dlowan,

Well, of course, it's easy to think of something now. But you must know how hard it is to come up with something on the fly like that, with someone you don't know at all.

I usually end up looking like George Bush did in that debate last week. Not a winning look.

I don't believe you COULD look that bad, Kicky!

Yes, I may have overstated that. Laughing
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:10 pm
WoW

Kicky, I lost my hundreds virginity on your thread.

Was it good for you too Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:14 pm
The jewelry store scenario wouldn't work so good for me. I may be nit picking, but I don't tend to view expensive jewelry and I don't particularly like roses.

I often hide when a guy is checking me out (like Paula). I turn away or focus on something else. If I'm interested in the guy, I become more animated and friendly with people around us (what the hell is that about?).

I think that I've become accustomed to the idea that most of the men paying me attention range from not my type to dangerous. And, half the time I apparently have no idea when guys are checking me out. I just chose not to notice.

So, what works? I agree with what dlowan was saying. I like funny, but not buffoonish; confident, but not arrogant; comfortable. I've never, I don't think, dated anyone I didn't know something about before hand (if you consider info gained from the net dating site as knowledge of a guy). Generally I date people who I've gotten to know through work or friends/family.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:19 pm
paulaj wrote:
WoW

Kicky, I lost my hundreds virginity on your thread.

Was it good for you too Very Happy

Yeah, baby. I loved it.

And there's more!

You get to slap gus!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:21 pm
littlek wrote:
The jewelry store scenario wouldn't work so good for me. I may be nit picking, but I don't tend to view expensive jewelry and I don't particularly like roses.

I often hide when a guy is checking me out (like Paula). I turn away or focus on something else. If I'm interested in the guy, I become more animated and friendly with people around us (what the hell is that about?).

I think that I've become accustomed to the idea that most of the men paying me attention range from not my type to dangerous. And, half the time I apparently have no idea when guys are checking me out. I just chose not to notice.

So, what works? I agree with what dlowan was saying. I like funny, but not buffoonish; confident, but not arrogant; comfortable. I've never, I don't think, dated anyone I didn't know something about before hand (if you consider info gained from the net dating site as knowledge of a guy). Generally I date people who I've gotten to know through work or friends/family.

You're a tough nut to crack, littlek. I bet that rose/jewelry thing would work if it was delivered in a charming way.

In other words, by somebody who you found attractive.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:31 pm
Kicky

Thanks for the link. I just slapped Gus, but I did give him a consolation kiss (it's the least I could do after such behavior).

Littlek and I need to be more assertive.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:40 pm
Yeah. And woo charming guys like me ...

well, or Kicky. He's cute too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:47 pm
Kicky, I'd smile and look at you fun. And then I'd probably walk away.
0 Replies

paulaj

Nimh

Why don't you have an avatar?
0 Replies

littlek

I mean, if I didn't know you at all.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:50 pm
littlek is on a roll tonight.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:52 pm
What kind of roll?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:53 pm
Let me ask you a question, littlek.

Let's say you were in the store, looking at jewelry. Suddenly a movement catches your eye. You look up and see me standing there.

I lean on my pitchfork, spit a little chew on the ground, clear my throat, and say in a very seductive tone. "I am Gustav. Would you be kind enough to give me sex?"

How would you respond to that?

Would I have a chance?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:06 pm
paulaj wrote:
Nimh

Cause I dont want to be associated with any one single image.

I find I react quite strongly to avatars, really identifying posters with the image of their avatar - it's tricky.

Rather have people associate me with what I write. That's what I'm here for after all.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:18 pm
nimh wrote:
paulaj wrote:
Nimh

Cause I dont want to be associated with any one single image.

I find I react quite strongly to avatars, really identifying posters with the image of their avatar - it's tricky.

Rather have people associate me with what I write. That's what I'm here for after all.

I understand.
It is rather obvious, people pick avatars that reflect themselves. I sub-consciously picked mine, then realized it did reflect large aspects me.

Look at Gus' and Kickys' and correate it to their location, they go hand in hand.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:25 pm
littlek wrote:

That, Li' k, is about preening and showing oneself off to one's best (one hopes) advantage - if one fancies the guy.

Often, if one observes such stuff, there is some thrusting out of the breasts and pouting of lips and such (only we don't know we are doing it) - and posturing, and great liveliness and wittiness.

All part of the great game.......

It is hilarious to watch, if one is not involved, especially when the protagonists are very young, and lack subtlety.....
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:22 pm
Kicky, Great thread, if you ever come to chicago I owe you a beer. I'm in the same boat you are.
Ladies, be sure that the advice is appreciated.
Gus, The chloroform is only a short term solution, all the questions after they wake up get annoying.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:25 pm
Oh, Gus, while I am a sucker for a workman's hands and a strong back, I definitely have an issue with spitting on jewelry store floors. So, I'd most likely stare in horror.

Dlowan - yes, that must be it. But, alas, I'm sure it's lost on many men. My sister believes I've lost my window.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:35 pm
Excuse me folks, but I need to interrupt for this important message.

Kicky: Frank and I are meeting for a drink Thursday night 6:30 at The Frying Pan (W. 23rd St and the Hudson River) We'll be the bearded duff and the chunky guy in the plaid shirt. Please join us, we shall share our most salient opening lines.

Anyone else in the New York-New Jersey area is welcome to join us as we watch the sun go down and the lights come up on the Hudson. Tis beautiful and there won't be too many more days before it gets too cold to sit on the top of a fireboat with the best views of the City.

Joe
0 Replies