How do you like to be approached by men?

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:17 pm
Hmmm - problem is this: "I absolutely knew you were going to see through that" - was really obvious, too.

But - take the suit off, and we'll see.

Here, I'll get a drink for you while you strip.

What'll it be?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:19 pm
Anything popular down under. <man, pick up lines are sooo lame. I hope kicky learns this>
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:20 pm
I've always found this one to work well..."You have absoulutely everything I like in a woman except my dick"......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:22 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Anything popular down under. <man, pick up lines are sooo lame. I hope kicky learns this>

That one passed way beneath my feet...

So - a nice glass of a good cabernet sauvignon/shiraz should hit the spot? Perhaps a Wolf Blass Gold - hmmmmmmm - a '92?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:23 pm
Let me know when the clown suit is off....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:29 pm
cavfancier wrote:

I stated, for the record, in my original post, that I don't use pick-up lines.

dlowan, what did you think about that one I came up with about the roses?

kickycan wrote:
Last night I saw this girl as I was walking home, window shopping at a jewelry store, looking at very expensive necklaces that they had on display.

There was a flower shop right next door, and I thought of saying, "Those are a little bit out of my price range. How about some roses instead?"

Good stuff, right?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:37 pm
deleted
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:39 pm
paulaj wrote:
The only thing is, I will be pushing my elderly mom in a wheel chair, I'm taking her to a fair, it's not exactly the best scenario for flirting, but it's just an exercise.

Hmm .. you never know. Guys will think you're a nice girl, which could be good depending what kind of guy you're looking for - and if you make an open or in any way risquee kind of play at some guy even while you're pushing your elderly mom along, they'll think you're kinda wild or kinda bold or at least kinda outside-the-box, which is always good ;-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:51 pm
The roses? Hmmm - ok, I guess - but you'd wanna follow it up with some normal chat, for my taste - guys that get into roses and such early send out alarm signals for me.

Too long working where I do!!!

I am answering you seriously, by the way - not sure if that is what you want, though.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:54 pm
Reminds me of my father's birthday ... big birthday, so he got all his family together (aunts, cousins) and we all went to the zoo and then dinner. Remember, my little nephew was just a baby back then, but already able to crow with laughter, and I just loved it. So at the place we were eating there was this really cute girl waitressing, and well, I'm a shy guy but I was looking and smiling and even saying something kind every once in a while. And for a brief mo I got this weird-suspicious vibe back - until she realised I was not the father. Heh.

Once she did, she was all the more happy & smiling though - and when I'd forgotten something when we left and returned by myself, she was there, smiling and going, "hey, you're back!".

OK, and then I had to walk out again to catch my ride back to Utrecht. But the moral of the story is: as with politicians, it helps to have a baby around to hold and laugh with - if you're not the father. ;-)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:59 pm
Twas my first post that reminded me of the second thing btw, not dlowans post ...

kickycan wrote:
Last night I saw this girl as I was walking home, window shopping at a jewelry store, looking at very expensive necklaces that they had on display.

There was a flower shop right next door, and I thought of saying, "Those are a little bit out of my price range. How about some roses instead?"

I didn't say that, but I thought it would have possibly been a good opening line. Was it?

The problem with such lines, Kicky, is that you're gonna have to be able to follow up on them too ...

cavfancier wrote:
<this is all for kicky's benefit>

See, this is a typical example of the kind of follow-up line that will wholly ruin all your chances again when you're out wooing such a fine lady as dlowan.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:06 pm
dlowan wrote:
The roses? Hmmm - ok, I guess - but you'd wanna follow it up with some normal chat, for my taste - guys that get into roses and such early send out alarm signals for me.

Too long working where I do!!!

I am answering you seriously, by the way - not sure if that is what you want, though.

Yes it is what I wanted. I appreciate it. I just thought it would have been a good opener. Of course I would try to follow it up. That is the hard part, by the way, for me. It's tough to think of something to say to a complete stranger.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:08 pm
nimh wrote:
Reminds me of my father's birthday ... big birthday, so he got all his family together (aunts, cousins) and we all went to the zoo and then dinner. Remember, my little nephew was just a baby back then, but already able to crow with laughter, and I just loved it. So at the place we were eating there was this really cute girl waitressing, and well, I'm a shy guy but I was looking and smiling and even saying something kind every once in a while. And for a brief mo I got this weird-suspicious vibe back - until she realised I was not the father. Heh.

Once she did, she was all the more happy & smiling though - and when I'd forgotten something when we left and returned by myself, she was there, smiling and going, "hey, you're back!".

OK, and then I had to walk out again to catch my ride back to Utrecht. But the moral of the story is: as with politicians, it helps to have a baby around to hold and laugh with - if you're not the father. ;-)

That baby idea is gold. I'm thinking of starting a rent-a-baby service for single guys. I'd make a killing!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:08 pm
Well, I would laugh at myself - after such an opening - and, if she laughed too - maybe ask something about the jewellery she was looking at?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:35 pm
kickycan wrote:
That baby idea is gold. I'm thinking of starting a rent-a-baby service for single guys. I'd make a killing!

Serious. Actually, it does work if you're a father, too, apparently ... those "new fathers" with their strollers (you know, the tri-wheel ones with the thick tires :wink: ) - seems they get lots of play.

But then I understand if, you know, getting married and having babies and stuff may seem a bit much to you just to get to talk with a girl.

As for the poll: "Where is the best place to meet a possible mate?" - well, I dunno - I met this one girl walking down a mountain.

I mean, I was walking down a mountain she was walking behind me, and she made the first move. I guess she liked my back.

Thats still my favourite way of opening I gotta admit - be cute and let them approach you. Heh. Too many women who still won't do that, I say ... :wink:

Plus, I gotta also admit, you do run a higher risk of attracting ... out-of-the-box types, so to say.

<ahem>

(Man, how did that expression suddenly get all up in my vocabulary? Craven, gonna get you for this.)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:37 pm
dlowan,

Well, of course, it's easy to think of something now. But you must know how hard it is to come up with something on the fly like that, with someone you don't know at all.

I usually end up looking like George Bush did in that debate last week. Not a winning look.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:38 pm
I have never been rejected by a woman. Never.

And it has nothing to do with conversational skills. It's all about the approach.

And lots of chloroform.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:42 pm
What does 'out of the box type' mean? I need tutoring.

Well look at that, it's Gustousechloroformwiffer up above me. Hi Gus.

I don't believe it, I have 999 posts. Does the next one make me a seasoned member? huhhhhhhhhhhh? Well does it? I'm so excited I can barely type.

What if I explode when it reaches 1000. I think, I'm just going to keep typing in this box and savor my time in the hundreds column.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:56 pm
kickycan wrote:
dlowan,

Well, of course, it's easy to think of something now. But you must know how hard it is to come up with something on the fly like that, with someone you don't know at all.

I usually end up looking like George Bush did in that debate last week. Not a winning look.

I don't believe you COULD look that bad, Kicky!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:01 pm
Depending on the day and the weather, the jewellry store/rose thing could work on me. However, the odds just aren't worth it. You might hit the day she's gonna say "uhhhhhh, allergies, no thanks", and turn away.

Now, if Setanta did something like that right now ... there would be lots of XXX smiling.

Commenting on the laugh almost always works on me. I'm a noted laugher (sometimes referred to as a cheap audience Shocked ).
0 Replies