feeling lost

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 05:23 pm
So in the end of February my bf assured me that he would never see or contact or communicate with Jane again. Even had him block her on his FB.

I just found out that he continued to go out with Jane til the end of March.

my boyfriend stopped dating her at the end of March/April, but he continued to text , phone and re-friend her back on FB.

I can forgive the affair, but to find out that he kept in touch with her is totally disrespectful to me and our relationship. Although things have been super great and better than before. I can not get pass that he lied to me. And why a guy would think it's ok to keep in touch with the woman that he had the affair with. any advice would be great. ( we been together for almost 2 years.) I just feel like I can't trust him again after finding out that he lied to me.

jespah

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 05:31 pm
@Rose6767,
Please stop making new topics. Keep it all together. It's a lot easier for people to follow that way. Thank you.
Rose6767

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 05:35 pm
@jespah,
sorry, first time here, just new to all this.
Krumple

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 05:45 pm
@Rose6767,
Rose6767 wrote:

sorry, first time here, just new to all this.

Why are you staying with this guy? Lets break it down.

He cheated.
Continued seeing her after you first thought it was done with.
Lied about disassociating himself with her.
Continues to communicate with her.

He is the one causing all the problems not this other girl. She is also a victim to him. You dont know what he tells her. He could be leading her on. Or still secretly seeing her.

Dont do this to yourself.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 06:01 am
@Rose6767,
You are RIGHT. You should not trust him.

Now, you have to decide if you can stay with a man you can\'t trust.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 08:30 am
@Rose6767,
Did you ever talk about dating each other exclusively? The words "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" don't always signify that you are not dating someone else too, or won't in the future. People tend to misunderstand that.
Rose6767

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 09:21 am
@ossobucotemp,
the relationship became exclusive after about 5-6 weeks of dating. I was very clear and so was he.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 09:29 am
@Rose6767,
Ok then.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 09:38 am
@Rose6767,
Rose6767 wrote:
I can not get pass that he lied to me.
<snip> I just feel like I can't trust him again after finding out that he lied to me.

you can't get past it

ok then

be nice to both of you and break it off

there really isn't much worse than being in a relationship with someone who can't / won't give up a grudge
Rose6767

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 10:08 am
@ehBeth,
I just found all this out about 10 days ago. So this is all fresh. It's not like I knew this information for months and been holding a grudge this whole time.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 10:23 am
@Rose6767,
You obviously knew something in February since you had him block her on FB then.

Gotta wonder if she thinks he's cheating on her with you.

He's got a lot to answer for to a pile of people . He seems like a real piece of work.
Rose6767

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 01:52 pm
@ehBeth,
He had told me about the affair at the end of February, and that he ended it. and I forgave him. I found out 10 days ago that he continued to date her til the end of March, after that they still communicated through text and phone calls. As for facebook, she had blocked me so I was unable to see her on my bf friend's list. I discovered by accident through other friend's FB that he had unblocked her.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 01:57 pm
@Rose6767,
Like I said, he's a real piece of work.

You're forgiving him again?
Rose6767

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 02:12 pm
@ehBeth,
oh gosh no, I ended it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 02:18 pm
@jespah,
I guess this thread got caught in this

jespah wrote:

Please stop making new topics. Keep it all together. It's a lot easier for people to follow that way. Thank you.

too many threads on the topic confuses it

__

Glad to see you've taken action on this. You can both move forward with more appropriate people.
0 Replies