Do you like the dirty talk?

panzade

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:29 pm
So Paula...this pattern...here...lie down on the couch...

This pattern...let me ask you something. Was your father emotionally distant?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:39 pm
panzade wrote:
So Paula...this pattern...here...lie down on the couch...

This pattern...let me ask you something. Was your father emotionally distant?

Yes, weren't most fathers like that before all of the child psychology books hit the shelves?

Men went to work, mom's took care of the kid's. I would like to say I love my dad dearly and would do anything for him. He worked 3 jobs for a long time so my mom could stay at home with us kids.

Everyone does the best they can with the info that they possess at any given time.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:42 pm
That's true and I'm very sure you did the best you could with the info you had at the time.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:45 pm
panzade wrote:
That's true and I'm very sure you did the best you could with the info you had at the time.

Water seeks it's own level.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:49 pm
For Pj

The dirtiest word there is ..

.. the shrug.

It combines silence with disconnectiveness in one nice, razor-edged, package. It deflates any effort to reach out and replaces it with embarassment. As if. You are worthy of my affection, as if.

The cruelest part of the shrug is the lack of anything to bite down on, to grasp, to apprehend in order to find something in the message that might mean something about anything, but a shrug is as empty as the eyes of Yoric's skull and means there is nothing there.

Which is why some of us try to put something there, to make something of nothing, to create, from wisps of smoke, whole trees and forests of meaning, but discover after long painful journeys through the invisible and non-existent trees that finally, there is no one there.

So the next time, and there may be many times, you declare your love for someone and they reply with a shrug, turn around Hansel, turn around Gretel, walk back the way you came.

Quickly, the witch is about to eat you.

Joe
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:50 pm
Wise words, Joe. Wise indeed.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:58 pm
Alway's a pleasure to hear from you Joe.

I consider you a valued a2k family member who I enjoy hearing from.

Smiles to you :-)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 06:14 pm
Oh, yeah..... that is so true.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 06:28 pm
graciaso
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 06:32 pm
And now back to our program:

I Vant you to Stupe me like Nobody's Stuped Me.....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 06:44 pm
paulaj wrote:
kickycan wrote:
I've done that. Like I said, it comes down to how confortable you feel. I haven't felt that degree of intimacy in a while, that's all.

Some people have deeply ingrained patterns for sabotaging relationships. Some may instinctively terminate a relationship once it moves to a certain level of closeness and intimacy. When we start to feel close to someone we may zero in on one of the person's character defects, then make it so big it's all we can see. We may withdraw, or push the person away to create distance. We may start criticizing the other person, a behavior sure to create distance.
Sometimes, we choose people with particular faults so that when it comes time to be close we have an escape hatch.
All negative behaviors boil down to fear. A continuous lack of intimacy could be fear of being hurt, should a relationship become deeper/more involved emotionally, or it could be a fear of losing ourselves/autonomy.

I'm going to recommend a book, this is the BEST book I have found for dealing with these issue and MANY others. Everyone should read it just to keep in check. It's called 'If It Hurts It Isn't Love' by Chuck Spezzano, PhD.

Don't let the title throw you off. P.S. I'm reading it :-)

Interesting. You could be right. I'll have to think about that.

Now, as Joe has so kindly reminded us, this is a thread about the dirty talk. Now who has something dirty to say!?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 06:46 pm
ummmm.....let me think about that while I suck on this

lolipop
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 06:48 pm
Littlek that was cute

Your going to make the Kicker crazy if you keep that up.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 06:50 pm
That littlek is a tiger, I tell ya.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 06:50 pm
<psssst - I think he already is crazy>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 06:53 pm
Crazy...crazy for feelin' so lonely
crazy for cryin, and something something...

yooooouuuuu...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 06:59 pm
hahaha....

I said to my mother today, I said, that my sister and I had very different types when it comes to men. And I followed with , "ya know?". She said, she hadn't seen a guy of mine for a long long time, so how could she know. Ouch. The last guy of mine she met was ooooohhhh ..... 7 or 8 years ago. Yowza!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:07 pm
Is it me or are there 10 times more single women than men?

I'll bet kicky get's to date often, do you kick?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:10 pm
I have been on sabbatical from that particular activity for the past few months. I needed a break from all that fun akwardness. Dating is sometimes so excruciatingly enjoyable.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:11 pm
I'm on the verge of a confession Embarrassed
0 Replies