Do you like the dirty talk?

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:11 pm
paula - I dunno. It seems there are lots of single men here in cambridge. I think the issue may be that women are more selective in who they date so the field becomes smaller.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:12 pm
kickycan wrote:
I have been on sabbatical from that particular activity for the past few months. I needed a break from all that fun akwardness. Dating is sometimes so excruciatingly enjoyable.

Though art a delicous torment- Emerson
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:13 pm
Littlek how do you meet guys. If you don't mind me asking.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:13 pm
paulaj wrote:
kickycan wrote:
I have been on sabbatical from that particular activity for the past few months. I needed a break from all that fun akwardness. Dating is sometimes so excruciatingly enjoyable.

Though art a delicous torment- Emerson

Sometimes that's true. Most of the time it's just a torment.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:14 pm
Kicky how do you meet girls, if you feel like dating?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:15 pm
Paula - read my last post on the last page. I DON'T meet guys.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:22 pm
I have tried internet dating, friends have fixed me up, and rarely, very rarely, I will meet somebody in a bar. But like I said, right now I'm not dating anybody.

How about you, paula? How do you meet guys?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:23 pm
littlek wrote:
paula - I dunno. It seems there are lots of single men here in cambridge. I think the issue may be that women are more selective in who they date so the field becomes smaller.

That is true. I have a silly habit of automatically looking away when a guy is checking me out, I just realized I do that a couple of weeks ago.

I must put a stop to this behavior, I'm laughing at myself.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:33 pm
kickycan wrote:
I have tried internet dating, friends have fixed me up, and rarely, very rarely, I will meet somebody in a bar. But like I said, right now I'm not dating anybody.

How about you, paula? How do you meet guys?

I used to meet them at work. It was sooooo easy. I worked in a building that had about 12 thousand people in it at one time. I left that company 3 years ago (the jobs went overseas) I have only dated 1 person in my life that I met at a bar, and I don't drink at all, so that's out. I can't seem to bring myself to do the on-line dating thing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:38 pm
I have also tried the internet which has worked once or twice, but the vast number of bites have been from people I'd be afraid to be alone with on a dark street.

I work as a nanny. I stay in my neighborhood during most of the day and the kids' home during the afternoon. The people I meet are parents, teachers and other nannys. I do go into my sister's office for lunch almost every day and have gotten to know a couple of cool people, one of which is single and possibly even my type. But, I wouldn't know, because I'm too chicken to even make eye contact.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:39 pm
I married someone at 25 after only knowing him for 4 months, granted we stayed married for 13 years, amazing, but I am aware that rushing into relationships like that is not good. The last 2 guys I dated were rushing me so I backed off. I haven't been on a date in about 3 months.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:40 pm
Paula - rushing you how? Are you talking about sex or commitment?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:42 pm
I don't flirt well in person, if I'm attracted to the person I turn away.

This will get me nowhere fast.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:48 pm
The fellow I dated last year wanted to sleep over the first night, he said just to cuddle, I said no, he called a couple of day's later and said I've been thinking about you constantly. The second date I went on with him he wanted to plan a trip to some Island he saw on the travel channel. He was a bit to nuts about me to soon it seemed.

The one I dated a couple of months ago started saying on the first date "if you were my wife I'd treat you like a queen" he seemed a bit much.

Is it me?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 07:56 pm
I'm just as bad at flirting Paula. Maybe it's a regional thing? Nah, my sister is great at it....

It's not just you. I think those guys were a bit much. I think I dated one of them as well.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 08:01 pm
As an exercise the next time either one of us spots a hotty, let's look them right in the eye and smile, and then run :-) Deal?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 08:03 pm
If I did that, my knees would buckle before I had the chance to run.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 08:05 pm
littlek wrote:
If I did that, my knees would buckle before I had the chance to run.

Oh that's perfect, then the guy will have a chance to ask you out Laughing

Oh you can do this in your car, just don't pass out at the wheel.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 08:05 pm
cha right! What would happen is that I would fall, pushing my nephew's stroller into traffic and then I'd be put in jail.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 08:08 pm
Thank you both. Now I know why I can't meet Miss Right. It's because she's as big a chicken as I am an idiot. Laughing
0 Replies