Will You Watch the Debate?

RexRed

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:56 pm
Cock and bull story
'A Cock and Bull story' is a form of Chinese whispers. It comes from a long time ago when the two most popular pubs in a village were The Cock and The Bull. If a story started in The Cock, by the time it got to The Bull it had been either twisted or exaggerated.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:03 am
From the very begining the plan has been to make Iraq pay for the war through oil, Rex.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 02:24 am
RexRed wrote:
Cock and bull story
'A Cock and Bull story' is a form of Chinese whispers. It comes from a long time ago when the two most popular pubs in a village were The Cock and The Bull. If a story started in The Cock, by the time it got to The Bull it had been either twisted or exaggerated.

cbs isn't fox news... okay. enough is enough;

Meaning of COCK-AND-BULL STORY
Quote:
WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [n]  an interesting but highly implausible story; often told as an excuse
Synonyms:

fairy story, fairy tale, fairytale, song and dance
See Also: 
fib, story, tale, taradiddle, tarradiddle

a'yuh... like wmd. like drones. like yellow cake from niger. like the gratitude of the liberated iraqi people.

you keep poppin' off like you are the only person in the world that loves their country. like you are the only one here that has fought or had family fight and die for the country. get a grip dude. most of the people on this forum have done or had family do one of those things or both. some are doing it right now. they have earned the right to say what ever the hell they want to me or anyone else here. as has john kerry.

i don't know where you are getting your material, but whoever it is isn't teaching you anything about democracy.

oh, and another thing. if you are one of the folks jumpin' all over the place about "war, war, war! get the terrorists! kill saddam!"; you better be prepeared to put your money where your mouth is and stop bitching about paying taxes.

because if you want to have a war, you need to suit up or pay up. them's the rules. always were and always will be.

ya know..? i'm not mad at you, really. but the "attitude" you present is one that gets floated out over the airwaves, the print and boards all of the time these days... "if you don't back everything bush does, you aren't patriotic!".

that, my friend, is un-american
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 04:31 am
Bush got a bounce in the post debate polls.

The 10/1 state by state electoral numbers.

http://www.geocities.com/samboni1342/state_polls.htm

BUSH: 295
KERRY: 197
UNDECIDED: 46
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 05:01 am
Larry434 wrote:
Bush got a bounce in the post debate polls.

The 10/1 state by state electoral numbers.

http://www.geocities.com/samboni1342/state_polls.htm

BUSH: 295
KERRY: 197
UNDECIDED: 46

Since you posted this here, too, I'll repeat my response as well:

Post-debate bounce? Bunk.

No state poll has been released yet that was based on data gathered after the debate. None.

The data included in the link you provide also doesn't include a single poll from after the debate.

You're going to have to be a bit more patient, Larry ...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 11:07 am
InfraBlue wrote:
From the very begining the plan has been to make Iraq pay for the war through oil, Rex.

Infra I am sure it has nothing to do with freedom and liberty. American's intentions could never be that honorable. But that is what the liberal democrats keep bleating and they know America better than anyone else.
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Cock and bull story

cbs isn't fox news... okay. enough is enough;

Meaning of COCK-AND-BULL STORY
Quote:
WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [n] an interesting but highly implausible story; often told as an excuse
Synonyms:

fairy story, fairy tale, fairytale, song and dance
See Also:
fib, story, tale, taradiddle, tarradiddle

a'yuh... like wmd. like drones. like yellow cake from niger. like the gratitude of the liberated iraqi people.

you keep poppin' off like you are the only person in the world that loves their country. like you are the only one here that has fought or had family fight and die for the country. get a grip dude. most of the people on this forum have done or had family do one of those things or both. some are doing it right now. they have earned the right to say what ever the hell they want to me or anyone else here. as has john kerry.

i don't know where you are getting your material, but whoever it is isn't teaching you anything about democracy.

oh, and another thing. if you are one of the folks jumpin' all over the place about "war, war, war! get the terrorists! kill saddam!"; you better be prepeared to put your money where your mouth is and stop bitching about paying taxes.

because if you want to have a war, you need to suit up or pay up. them's the rules. always were and always will be.

ya know..? i'm not mad at you, really. but the "attitude" you present is one that gets floated out over the airwaves, the print and boards all of the time these days... "if you don't back everything bush does, you aren't patriotic!".

that, my friend, is un-american

Yes CBS surely isn't Fox News... Fox checks their facts and never headline a story made up of obviously forged documents.

Also the liberal left democrats are so American when they go on camera and praise Saddam and run around waving their communist banners, Palestinian flags and rip up signs of their opposition kicking them and physically pushing their opposition around. The democrats love America when Kerry has a rally and you rarely even see an American flag where when at all of Bush's rallies the people are like a sea of American flags waving. The democrats are loving America when they dig up propaganda and spew it out like last nights booze and if it were not for Fox News and other conservative sources we would never hear the truth. Like the oil for food corruption and the fact tat the Africa deal WAS true.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1173539/posts

Now much banter by the liberal democrats did we have to endure of them attacking Bush and American Intelligence regarding Saddam trying to obtain Uranium. All to find out in the end it was TRUE!!!!!! Maybe the anti American liberal left could have at least waited till the reports were out before making FALSE accusations and LIES themselves. They will not report on the fact that they were WRONG either! But it is the negative effect and not the truth they seek. Slander America and Bush disrupt the peace, create chaos and disorder... The republican convention is a fine example...

The liberal democrats accuse Bush of trying to scare America.. What the heck was all of the scare tactics created by the liberal left about the republican convention in New York? And they claim to be democrats and for free speech? More like they stand for special interest and not democracy at all. Now who is the one "popping off"! I do love my country and I have the attitude and heart to prove it. I don't run around spreading hate for my president even though I did vote for Gore.. Now I think Gore is a sore loser and I take my vote back!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 11:23 am
Rex, go stand in the corner with Baldimo, Chuckster and John Kerry.
It's not that I don't support your views...it's that YOU don't support your views!

quote: "the liberal left democrats are so American when they go on camera and praise Saddam and run around waving their communist banners, Palestinian flags and rip up signs of their opposition kicking them and physically pushing their opposition around. The democrats love America when Kerry has a rally and you rarely even see an American flag where when at all of Bush's rallies the people are like a sea of American flags waving. The democrats are loving America when they dig up propaganda and spew it out like last nights booze and if it were not for Fox News and other conservative sources we would never hear the truth. Like the oil for food corruption and the fact tat the Africa deal WAS true."

Cock And Bull
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 11:48 am
RexRed wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:

Infra I am sure it has nothing to do with freedom and liberty. American's intentions could never be that honorable. But that is what the liberal democrats keep bleating and they know America better than anyone else.

FIRSTLY, you need to read and understand what people write here. WE, being the american people, were told that the cost of this war would be payed back by the iraqi's oil sales. infra didn't say that america went to war FOR the oil.

get a grip.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 11:53 am
"we were told that the cost of this war would be payed back by the iraqi's oil sales...".

Do you have a credible link as to who made that bold assertion?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 11:54 am
RexRed wrote:
Also the liberal left democrats are so American when they go on camera and praise Saddam

Straw man. When's the last time anyone here actually saw anyone of note "go on camera and praise Saddam"? Not even here in Old Europe, Rex, not even here ...

RexRed wrote:
The democrats love America when Kerry has a rally and you rarely even see an American flag

You must be joking. Have you see the Democratic Convention on TV this summer?

OK ... les' just say I have some time on my hands ...

http://www.2004dnc.com/images/democraticconventionphotos/bostonheralddemocraticconventionphotos-6.jpg

http://www.2004dnc.com/images/democraticconventionphotos/bostonheralddemocraticconventionphotos-10.jpg

http://www.2004dnc.com/images/democraticconventionphotos/bostonglobedemocraticconventionphotos-6.jpg

http://www.bartcop.com/kerry-flag.jpg

http://www.thisis.com/img/pool/Keryy,-flag,140-110.gif

http://www.wgrz.com/imagepool/images/0412417645_kerry-flag.jpg

http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/gov_photos/Election2004/edwards/edwards_flag_points_HEasley.jpg

http://www.conspiracyworld.com/web/Articles/Article%20Images/kerry_communist_salute.gif

http://www.mofa.gov.vn:8080/tbqt/27,03/11-1.jpg

http://www.september11generation.org/images/dean2.jpg

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Ah ... the days of Abuzz ...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:04 pm
Honestly nimh, this makes shooting fish in a barrel a rocket scientist's job.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:14 pm
RexRed wrote:
Yes CBS surely isn't Fox News... Fox checks their facts and never headline a story made up of obviously forged documents.

oh. you mean the way they reported on the niger documents that bush talked about in his sotu, 3 months after the cia told him they were forged?

funny, although fox did report some "maybe, maybe maybe" story that "it's alll twue!". that story is no longer on the fox site. gee, maybe it was "allll fawlze"?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1173539/posts

your link didn't work. that's o.k., freerepublic.com usually makes my monitor tilt to the right.

RexRed wrote:
I don't run around spreading hate for my president even though I did vote for Gore.. Now I think Gore is a sore loser and I take my vote back!

no, you are running around spreading hate for everyone but your president.

ahh, democracy. ain't it grand?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:19 pm
panzade wrote:
Honestly nimh, this makes shooting fish in a barrel a rocket scientist's job.

LOL, I know, but it was fun! Razz
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:36 pm
Larry434 wrote:
"we were told that the cost of this war would be payed back by the iraqi's oil sales...".

Do you have a credible link as to who made that bold assertion?

c'mon larry. i knowthat you know about this. but..oooookay...

"Wolfowitz spent much of the hearing knocking down published estimates of the costs of war and rebuilding, saying the upper range of $95 billion was too high, and that the estimates were almost meaningless because of the variables. Moreover, he said such estimates, and speculation that postwar reconstruction costs could climb even higher, ignored the fact that Iraq is a wealthy country, with annual oil exports worth $15 billion to $20 billion. "To assume we're going to pay for it all is just wrong," he said."

globalpolicy.org

" Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz testified recently that Iraq would be able to pick up much of the tab for postwar rebuilding.

Office of Management and Budget Director Mitchell Daniels Jr. asserted that oil and gas revenues and confiscated Iraqi assets would provide "abundant" resources for reconstruction. "

houston chronicle
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:40 pm
nimh wrote:

Straw man. When's the last time anyone here actually saw anyone of note "go on camera and praise Saddam"? Not even here in Old Europe, Rex, not even here ...

well, nimh... i do remember that both tarik aziz and baghdad bob were pretty fond of ol' saddam...

oh. wait! they weren't liberals.

sorry. Laughing
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:44 pm
Larry,
The Administration had been talking about this since before the war.

In a press briefing in February of 2003, Ari Flischer answered the question that if the U.S. does not get a second UN resolution, does the President believe that U.S. taxpayers will disproportionately bear the burden of the reconstruction costs in Iraq by responding "Well, the reconstruction costs remain a very -- an issue for the future. And Iraq, unlike Afghanistan, is a rather wealthy country. Iraq has tremendous resources that belong to the Iraqi people. And so there are a variety of means that Iraq has to be able to shoulder much of the burden for their own reconstruction."

White House Press Briefing

In a House Committee on Appropriations Hearing on a Supplemental War Regulation, in May of that year Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz said, "There's a lot of money to pay for this that doesn't have to be U.S. taxpayer money, and it starts with the assets of the Iraqi people…and on a rough recollection, the oil revenues of that country could bring between $50 and $100 billion over the course of the next two or three years…We're dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon." House Committee on Appropriations Hearing on a Supplemental War Regulation, 3/27/03
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:45 pm
damn. i am burned out. i forgot all about one great american who had good things to say about saddam...

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/handshake300.jpg
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:45 pm
Thanks, DTOM.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:49 pm
n'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk...

Laughing
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 01:05 pm
c'mon larry. i knowthat you know about this. but..oooookay...

"Wolfowitz spent much of the hearing knocking down published estimates of the costs of war and rebuilding, saying the upper range of $95 billion was too high, and that the estimates were almost meaningless because of the variables. Moreover, he said such estimates, and speculation that postwar reconstruction costs could climb even higher, ignored the fact that Iraq is a wealthy country, with annual oil exports worth $15 billion to $20 billion. "To assume we're going to pay for it all is just wrong," he said."

globalpolicy.org

" Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz testified recently that Iraq would be able to pick up much of the tab for postwar rebuilding.

Office of Management and Budget Director Mitchell Daniels Jr. asserted that oil and gas revenues and confiscated Iraqi assets would provide "abundant" resources for reconstruction. "

houston chronicle[/quote]

Well, that is pretty close to "we were told that the cost of this war would be payed back by the iraqi's oil sales...". But "much of the tab", abundant assets for reconstruction is not quite the same.
0 Replies