Will You Watch the Debate?

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 01:57 pm
Just got off the phone with Mom. I asked if she was going to watch the debate tomorrow. She said probably not since she would have to hear about it for the next ten days on all the news channels. I said, well, you could always watch it, make up your own mind as to what you saw and heard and then ignore the next ten days worth of commentary. She laughed and agreed. Said maybe she would watch it afterall.

Will you watch? Will you make up your own mind, or wait for the commentary? On which channel will you choose to watch the debate? Where will you get your commentary?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 21,848 • Replies: 544
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 01:59 pm
I'll watch it if it's on C-span. I can't stand the immediate analysis and sound biting.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:00 pm
I will watch with you honey if you promise to keep that gas thing under control......
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:03 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I'll watch it if it's on C-span. I can't stand the immediate analysis and sound biting.

Me too. Should be an entertaining, and maybe even informative, 90 minutes.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:06 pm
Wouldn't miss it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:33 pm
Oh gotta watch.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:35 pm
Yes I will watch. I am still undecided on who I will vote for. I will not watch the commentaries as I could care less who will "win." What I want is find out where each candidate stands on issues and what the plan on doing in the future. Hopefully with the structure on the debate this will be the focus. Rather than who pushed who down on the playground.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:47 pm
Will be very interested in your response, Linkat...
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:52 pm
will be listening on NPR
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 02:58 pm
Thanks sozobe - now I'm under pressure.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 03:01 pm
Nah, I'm most definitely interested, but no pressure.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 03:47 pm
Yep, I'll be watching.
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 03:52 pm
Count me in! I'm watching Thursday nights as well as the next two Presidential debates and don't forget the VP Debates on next Tuesday.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 04:06 pm
I'll be watching, although I don't expect much.

I predict that Kerry might actually answer some questions with logic and intelligence, but he will not be able to resist any chance to throw in a reference to his service in Vietnam, which will end up detracting from anything that he says.

Bush, on the other hand, won't even bother answering any questions with anything that even resembles a real answer. Whatever question he is asked, he will answer by saying things like "freedom is on the march", "We will never let the terrorists win", or "The world is a safer place without Saddam Hussein".

And Bush will win.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 04:20 pm
I'll definitely watch, hopefully on CSPAN. I expect pretty much the same as Kicky does from Bush... but I think Kerry is going to go for some laughs, get them, and still wind up looking like an ass... reminiscent of this fella.

http://en.wikipedia.org/upload/2/20/Michael_Dukakis.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 04:28 pm
Laughing You may be right, Bill.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 09:49 pm
Don't adjust your TVs if Lurch appears to be just a bit "orange" LOL.

Geesh - he can't even tell the truth about his fake tan LOL.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 11:11 pm
I'll be watching on NBC since they said they would reserve the right to cover it as they see fit, cutaways, etc. The rules sound a bit overboard to me for the whole thing... Candidates won't directly address one another, but will be allowed to ask rhetorical questions, podiums 50" high and 10' apart, specific instructions for how to film the candidates and the live audience... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 01:24 am
Me too - provided I havent fallen asleep by the time (or have reached home from work)
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 01:46 am
I love my Fox News my teveo will be watching too. I love Fox's red white and blue graphics... they dazzle my eyes Smile

justwonders

I notice the orange tan too... hehe

At first I though Kerry had been on a bender and was experincing liver failure. Maybe he is turning North Korean.

Must be the wind surfing.
0 Replies