No Justice, No Peace

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 05:10 pm
@snood,
They appear to approach a black person 95% ready to shoot before they get out of the car.
oralloy

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 05:12 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
It looked like a clear unjustified killing.

Oh nonsense. The cop was screaming at him to stop reaching, stop moving, and keep his hands visible, and the guy kept right on reaching.

snood wrote:
All the coward cop

BLM goons are disgusting.

snood wrote:
has to say is the magic words "I feared", and it's open season on black men.

Don't take PCP and try to murder police officers and you'll be just fine. Just what about that is so hard to understand?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 05:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Did you see and hear the tape? The girl could tell they wanted to shoot him, that's why she started pleading with them not to kill him early on. Punk-ass, cowardly cops.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 05:23 pm
@snood,
I did watch the tape more than a few times. There is never even a slight defense of this ****.
oralloy

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 05:24 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Punk-ass, cowardly cops.

That cop has more bravery in his little finger than exists in your entire family tree.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 05:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I did watch the tape more than a few times. There is never even a slight defense of this ****.

If a police officer is screaming at you to keep your hands visible and stop reaching, keep your hands visible and stop reaching.

What part of that sentence do you find confusing?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 06:49 pm
His name was Philando Castile

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/aJvFaoEkuMHjsjuUUL6t-0bC9pE=/0x68:716x545/920x613/filters:focal(0x68:716x545):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/50052963/11233560_1144385048921900_5206249727049119349_n.0.0.jpg
oralloy

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2017 06:58 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
His name was Philando Castile

And when the police officer screamed at him to keep his hands visible and stop reaching, he kept right on reaching.

I hope they paid the officer a huge sum of money for agreeing to give up his job.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 04:32 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/20/philando-castile-shooting-police-car-dashcam-footage-released.html
Police dash cam
snood

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 05:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
The thing that makes this case stand out a little is because he was a registered gun owner, and he did everything by the book when he was stopped. ******* two-faced NRA pricks won't be making any statements in support of Mr Castile, though. Wonder why?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 06:53 pm
@snood,
It's proof the law sees justice by color, especially if a badge is in play.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 09:43 pm
Unending patience with the white guy who has his hand on a gun.
https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/11826055_900819319956987_2510234698297879509_n.jpg?oh=7b2c506b39fed6b3aedf4f2fc897e26a&oe=59D1606D
McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Would need context to be worried. Minorities should be allowed to open carry where legal as well without the fear of LEO death.
Real Music

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 10:53 pm
I have seen the Philando Castile video. The video was disturbing and hard to watch. There was one specific thing that stood out to me in the video. I noticed that the police officer's partner who was standing by the passenger's side of the car never drew his gun at any point. His partner never fired his weapon. Possibly he couldn't see everything. I don't know. It appear that his partner didn't feel it was necessary to draw his weapon before, during, or after the shooting.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 11:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well, the officer's gun is holstered and secured with a strap. I can understand a certain reluctance to draw a gun in that situation.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 05:57 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Would need context to be worried. Minorities should be allowed to open carry where legal as well without the fear of LEO death.

If he were black we wouldn't need any context.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 05:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
What do you think this photo proves or even suggests?

This is one cop not reacting with violence to a white man who has is hand on a gun (BTW do you know that 5 seconds after this photo was taken that the cop didn't draw his weapons and shoot the white man dead?)

Is anyone to take from this photo that all cops always are exceedingly patient with armed white men and always, immediately shoot any black man who even looks like he has a gun?

Unless this photo is of the cop that shot Castile, it tells us nothing at all about the incident or the men involved.

It's like someone posting a photo of a black man shooting a cop and captioning it "Black guys will always shoot a cop if they have a gun."

I disagree with the verdict in this case and believe the officer should have been convicted of Voluntary Manslaughter, because of the facts of this case and not some generalized belief about cops. I also agreed that the officer who shot and killed Michael Brown was not guilty of any crime, because of the fact of that case and not some generalized belief about young black men.

There's a vicious circle going on here that has to somehow be broken. Frequent exaggeration of the overall situation causes a lot of people to react by minimizing it, while a lack of appreciation for the scope of the problem causes others to exaggerate it.

There is a big problem that involves police officers (of all races) and the African American community and, in particular, young African American males. Clearly race is a factor and, to one extent or another, and on different levels of the issue, racism is a factor, but this is a complex issue that involves a number of other factors as well. It certainly doesn't seem like enough of the right things are being done to eliminate or greatly reduce the problem, but part of that has to do with identifying all of the causes in order to develop all of the necessary solutions.

If this is viewed as a problem that can be solved by convicting any and every cop that is perceived by the community to be a rogue criminal simply because someone was shot and killed it won't be solved; it will eventually be made worse.

It's very understandable that a problem like this would develop a political component, because problems like these almost always require a political component to the solution, but it is also very unfortunate that as is usually the case, a lot of opportunistic politicians have seized on the matter (whether to be perceived as champions of young black males or as champions of the police) solely to advance their own interests and careers and they have no interest at all in solving the problem, because it benefits them.

It's certainly not the case that if we just had a little more fiery and ugly rhetoric; more generalizing and exaggeration about murdering pigs and black thugs, the NRA and Black Lives Matter, by Golly we might just be able to get this darn thing fixed!
snood

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2017 06:17 pm
An armed white man making threatening moves toward cops has a better chance of surviving than an unarmed black man being confronted by scared ass cops.
0 Replies