If Donald Trump were a woman...

RABEL222

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 11:47 pm
tRumps wives and daughters are very pretty. But if tRump was a woman he would one ugly dude.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 12:14 am
If a man's character can be judged by his enemies, I'm looking pretty good. What a sad collection of inadequate muppets.
saw038

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 12:22 am
@maxdancona,
His statements about Muslims violate the very foundation this country was founded upon: religious freedom. Maybe if he was women, they wouldn't make fun of his hair and appearance because that may seem sexist, but this is subsidiary. His comments are offensive to many and the whole idea of America was that it was a melting pot.

Hillary has done wrong, there is no doubt about that, and she has been attacked for those wrongdoings, even though she is a woman.

I think it does not matter the sex of the candidate, it matters about the words they say; and, Trump has insulted John McCain for being captured, he has Muslims for their faith and the fact that they may be terrorist (even though there are 1.3 billion Muslims, most of which reside in Indonesia and Asia and not the Middle East). He also has glorified tyrants like Saddam Hussein and Mussolini).
izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 12:29 am
@saw038,
Max doesn't like or respect women, but he's too snide to come out and admit it. Honesty isn't something he does.
saw038

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 12:38 am
@izzythepush,
Well, I cannot speculate about the person's intentions. I was just trying to had my two cents!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:39 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
What a sad collection of inadequate muppets.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 05:32 am
@saw038,
I agree with you Saw. Although the point that I am making is that personal attacks from the Left are just as lewd and inappropriate as the attacks from the right. I wish that we could focus on policy and the things that are important. (You might want to make a quick calculation to see what percentage of Izzy's posts are personal attacks rather than any attempt at reasoned argument. I haven't done this calculation... but I bet it would be well north of 50%.)

I agree completely that Trumps statements about Muslims are troubling and relevant. I also think that personal attacks on Melania's nationality should be out of bounds. I believe that everyone (even DrewDad and Izzy) should understand the difference here.

My real point here is ideological purity that I challenge on both the left and the right. My political beliefs are mostly stereotypically leftist. I am not a Trump fan at all. I will be voting for Hillary.

It is the narrow ideological narrative that is the problem. It doesn't help anyone when rational arguments on either side lead to these nasty personal attacks.

DrewDad

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 06:30 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
DrewDad chooses sides based on political ideology rather than on any standard of right or wrong.

Speaking of reality not matching up with a particular person's narrative....

Rolling Eyes

glitterbag

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 11:27 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Would they be accusing him of being a racist or making fun of his hair? Or would they be calling him noble and complimenting on his appearance?

You're kidding right??
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 11:47 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
DrewDad chooses sides based on political ideology rather than on any standard of right or wrong.

Speaking of reality not matching up with a particular person's narrative....

Rolling Eyes

Can you show an instance where that is not the truth though?
saw038

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 11:55 am
@maxdancona,
I think the limitations we have to a two party system creates the dichotomy of them and us. On either side, there may be people who are educated and rational, but for the most part people join the group because it becomes a social thing, as well as an emotional thing.

People make ad hominem arguments because they are easier to do. People hear the good and not the bad. They are selective and, in this election, I have come to the stark conclusion that you really cannot change someone's mind once it is made up - at least, politically.

People become primitive. I have family members who are nice loving people, but their Facebook pages have become attack forums for their respective candidates. I wish it were not so but we are given only two choices for president it seems.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 04:12 pm
@saw038,
Quote:
I have come to the stark conclusion that you really cannot change someone's mind once it is made up - at least, politically.

That also applies to religion.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2016 06:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

That also applies to religion.

Are you suggesting that I still believe in god? Wait a minute maybe you are correct It was I who changed my mind but do you think it could be because of the info that others shared with me?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2016 09:35 am
@McGentrix,
Can you show me why I'd give a damn about doing so?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2016 11:15 pm
Max seems to think that if Trump was a woman, all the feminists would be singing her praises. Since Trump is nil heard on women's issues except to proclaim he cherishes all those other gals, I think he would be viewed more like Starr Jones, just another cheapskate greedy for exposure, free stuff and free airtime.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 05:36 am
@glitterbag,
You could ask Max what he thinks himself rather than making these wild guesses. He is a human being you know.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 05:39 am
@maxdancona,
It would be a waste of time. Max is thoroughly dishonest, the reply will be an attempt to portray himself in a better light, but it will be a mixture of half truths and lies.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 05:52 am
@izzythepush,
Can you write a post that isn't an ad hominem Izzy? In several threads now that is all you seem to be doing.

I am sure you have your some opinions and well-thought ideas that don't involve juvenile personal attacks.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 05:57 am
@maxdancona,
Can you write a post where you tell the truth for once? I've yet to see one.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2016 04:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
you've upset a particular demographic

That's what gets me: if its all so alright why do they shamefully hide it?

Where does a "billionaire" "brilliant" student from Wharton get to meet a poor, terrible student in a former Soviet block country? What possible common circles do they meet in? What do they possibly have in common?

The circle of wealthy men who use pretty girls decades younger than themselves.