If Donald Trump were a woman...

maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 10:31 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Trump has expressed creepy feelings toward his daughter....

So, if Trump were a woman, one could assume she might have the same creepy feelings toward her sons....

Which would then be broadcast on a shitty reality show....

Named after a famous Greek play....

I'm not sure if I can spell it out any clearer for you; you may just have to continue through life, baffled by humor that goes over your head.

Just like Trump, DrewDad... instead of stopping to think about how stupid your comment was, you just keep doubling down.

In the play, it was the son (Oeodipus) who is given his Mother (Jocasta) as a reward for freeing Thebes from a curse. At this time neither the mother, nor the son, know of their biological relationship.

So please... if you insist on doubling down on your dumb allusion... please explain to me how this fits any of your slurs toward Trump and his children.

I am enjoying this as much as I enjoy when Trump gets backed into a corner for saying something stupid and keeps digging deeper.

But please, go ahead.... continue.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 10:35 am
@maxdancona,
And DrewDad, while we are at it... since you have jumped with both feet into these personal attacks on Donald Trump's family by Bobsal and Izzy. I would like an honest answer to this question.

Are you OK with the personal attacks on Melania in this thread? Is slut-shaming somehow acceptable when the target is on the other side of the political aisle?

These attacks on women from people who usually present themselves as ideologically pure on what they see as woman's rights seem awfully hypocritical to me. Are you really comfortable joining in?

I am voting for Hillary (I will be holding my nose, but I do not want Trump anywhere near the White House). I still believe that these nasty attacks on his wife's nationality or on his kids should be off limits. But that's just me.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 10:51 am
@maxdancona,
Allusion.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote:
al·lu·sion
əˈlo͞oZHən/
noun
noun: allusion; plural noun: allusions

an expression designed to call something to mind without mentioning it explicitly; an indirect or passing reference.
"an allusion to Shakespeare"
synonyms: reference to, mention of, suggestion of, hint to, intimation of, comment on, remark on
"the town's name is an allusion to its founding family"

In other words, you're a complete tool.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 11:22 am
@DrewDad,
Yes, DrewDad. You are correct. I made a mistake.

See how easy that is.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:09 pm
@maxdancona,
Why don't you tell us what word you meant when you said allusion, so we can be sure it was just a mistake and not something you're profoundly ignorant about?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:24 pm
@maxdancona,
Your mistake was in trying to take a cheap shot, and in being so pretentious about Greek literature.

I still don't know WTF the whole slut-shaming rant was about... I don't think I've ever mentioned anything about any of Trump's wives' appearance, or work history. I did think the plagiarism thing was hilarious, but mainly because of who she plagiarized from.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:39 pm
@DrewDad,
It was you who made the cheap shot about Trump's family, DrewDad. I simply responded that not only was it nasty, but it was inaccurate.

The real issue is whether these nasty, misogynistic attacks against Trump's wife and children are appropriate. So far in addition to your implication that Trump has inadvertently married one of his children, we have had slut-shaming of Melania based on her modeling work and inaccurate attacks on Melania's nationality.

Do you really think these types of attacks are valid or appropriate?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:45 pm
@maxdancona,
Still no reply to what you meant by allusion.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:56 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

It was you who made the cheap shot about Trump's family

Pretty sure I didn't.

And if I did, I'm not sure why you've taken it upon yourself to tilt at this particular windmill.

In any case, it's no skin off my nose. Have a fine day.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 01:46 pm
@izzythepush,
Yes Izzy, you are correct.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 02:51 pm
@maxdancona,
That's something else you always do, try to appear enigmatic when your ignorance is exposed. Has that ever worked? Are your associates really that daft? Do they really rate your fedora?

The word which eludes you, (or should that be alludes?) is allegory. Allegories are never perfect, that's what makes them allegories instead of exact representations. So finding fault in an allegory, instead of addressing the point made, shows that not only do you not know what they're called, you don't even know what they are.

Your little act isn't fooling anyone, you're a misogynist with a very low opinion of women. You don't give a monkeys about Melania Trump, you're trying to wrong foot Bob, (and failing quite abysmally btw) by trying to cast yourself as some sort of neo women's champion.

You don't care about women's rights, you just want the right to buy them yourself.
maporsche
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 02:58 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Your little act isn't fooling anyone, you're a misogynist with a very low opinion of women. You don't give a monkeys about Melania Trump, you're trying to wrong foot Bob, (and failing quite abysmally btw) by trying to cast yourself as some sort of neo women's champion.

That's dead on.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 03:00 pm
@izzythepush,
You express your opinions I will express mine, Izzy. I have no interest in getting into a fight with you.

As I often say, I love irony. The people expressing hatred of women on this thread don't include me. The attacks on Melania Trump for her nationality are the most heinous. Yet, you people keep saying that I hate women. No one has yet been able to point to an example where I have ever expressed hatred of women. Personal attacks don't have to make sense.

Sorry Izzy. I am interested in expressing my opinions and defending them in a way I find reasonable and enjoying the logical contradictions that come from people putting ideological purity over reason, I have no interest in fighting. These personal attacks are rather meaningless.

(To be honest, I thought allusions were a chain of islands in the Bering Sea... but what do I know.)

izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 03:20 pm
@maporsche,
Thank you.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 03:24 pm
@maporsche,
Yes MaPorsche. I also thank you.

You have highlighted the central point I am trying to make with this thread.

Here is the red ribbon.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 03:26 pm
@maporsche,
No it's not.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 05:13 pm
@maxdancona,
George Bernard Shaw wrote:
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

That why I keep izzy on ignore. I occasional allow myself the indulgence of peaking, but then I am reminded of why he is on ignore.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 05:56 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

That why I keep izzy on ignore. I occasional allow myself the indulgence of peaking, but then I am reminded of why he is on ignore.

Ever since I seen Izzy's name on a piece of wood in this song I continue to have nightmares about her.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 06:54 pm
@McGentrix,
Izzy is a good foil for me. So is DrewDad.

Part of of my theme here (if I have a theme) is the way that ideological narratives on both the right and the left often are unable to deal with facts. People who put ideology ahead of reason or facts often turn to personal attack rather than reasoned argument.

Reality doesn't fit a simple ideological narrative. This is why every political stance can be questioned. Intellectual honest means being willing to listen to different political positions (even positions I don't agree with) and accept when the facts don't fit my stance as perfectly as I would like them to.

Izzy is a perfect example of someone with a simplistic ideology who resorts to personal attack when the facts don't match his narrative. And the groupthink of people like DrewDad who find arguments over the use of the word "allusion" more important than the bigotry being shown against Melania for her gender and her nationality.

DrewDad chooses sides based on political ideology rather than on any standard of right or wrong.

Since one of the reasons I am here is to challenge ideological purity on either side (and I find my fights with Guijohn on the right to be very similar to my fights with Izzy on the left) I appreciate both Izzy and DrewDad. Every nasty personal attack against me for stating my opinion make my point about ideological purity that much stronger.

It is nice to have such foils.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 07:09 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Reality doesn't fit a simple ideological narrative.

You must not know that reality is subjective to the observer?

Quote:
This is why every political stance can be questioned. Intellectual honest means being willing to listen to different political positions (even positions I don't agree with) and accept when the facts don't fit my stance as perfectly as I would like them to.

You seem to be talking about up dating your understanding or working model of reality here.
0 Replies