I really don't care who the president is as long as they don't destroy our country by recession or wars
Let's think about that for a moment. The push towards foreign military engagements appears to come from three main sources:
1) neoconservative ideologues
2) the military/industrial complex which can and does see big profits in war
3) the saner portions of the military, intel and political entities which grasp that some foreign engagements will be necessary (confronting ISIS for example)
On the modern right, there's a clash between the neocons and the "libertarian" people, the latter of whom express a distaste for foreign adventures. But I don't doubt that people like Rand Paul or Pat Buchannan will be utterly steamrolled by the pro-war dynamics. The Koch crowd, though ostensibly "libertarian" include huge financial interests that will profit from war and for the brothers themselves, the main goal is nearly identical to Norquist's - shrinking government to the size where it can be drowned in the bathtub. But on the right, calls to curb the size of government almost never include the military because of who the right tends to actually serve (which ain't the kids who get slaughtered).
Now, and this is truly frightening, add in Trump (and a compliant and subservient GOP beneath him). Does anyone with a functioning brain stem imagine that this guy would hesitate to use a military endeavor to:
1) stoke up his base
2) add luster to his imagined/desired image as a great world leader
3) drive media attention away from stories on-going or emerging which threaten his status.
Rove won the second election for Bush by presenting him as "a war President". That's not a lesson that will be forgotten.