When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ? Part 2

Lash

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 01:49 pm
@RABEL222,
No one would mistake you with anyone who uses plain English.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 01:56 pm
@Lash,
Still insults rather than honest answers. Ok. So i'm actually a Russian citizen and I thank you for your generous help in electing our candidate tRump, so we can take all of Europe without U S intervention.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 06:24 pm
@RABEL222,
Patience, comrade! You're spilling our plot too soon!
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2016 09:48 pm
Comrade Putin is a master at getting the pigeons to love him before he bites their head off, Ho Ho.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 04:29 am
@Blickers,
It keeps the squab tender that way.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 08:41 am
An interesting piece on Hillary's stance on gun control came out today. The whole will be at the source but below is the list.

Quote:
She wants to expand background checks. She is pushing for comprehensive background check legislation, which would include banning all domestic abusers or the severely mentally ill from buying or possessing guns.

She wants “no fly, no buy” policies, which would prohibit people on terror watch lists from gaining access to guns.

She wants to close the “Charleston loophole” which allows a gun sale to proceed without a completed background check if that check is not complete within three days. According to the FBI, it’s how Dylann Roof -- the shooter in Charleston, South Carolina who killed nine parishioners at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church last June -- was able to get his gun.

She would ask Congress to close the so-called “gun show loophole” and require any person engaging in a high volume of gun sales -- particularly at gun shows and on the internet -- to be held to the same standards as sellers at gun stores.

She would repeal the 2005 Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which prevents victims of gun violence from holding negligent manufacturers and dealers accountable for violence perpetrated with their guns.

source
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 01:00 pm
@ehBeth,
The totals are the same today but some switches from red to pink and tan.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/clinton-trump-electoral-map

Quote:

Clinton 224 / 169 / 55
Trump 126 / 29 / 97

gotta watch Mississippi, Missouri, Iowa and Nebraska - they're not big numbers, but they may be thin-edge of the wedge states. North and South Carolina continue to be interesting.

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 01:04 pm
http://www.270towin.com/news/2016/09/15/whos-a-likely-voter-makes-a-big-difference-in-this-new-texas-poll_374.html#.V-A19xBrjIU

Quote:
Who's a Likely Voter? Makes a Big Difference in this New Texas Poll

September 15, 2016

A new Texas Lyceum poll gives Donald Trump a six point lead over Hillary Clinton among likely voters in a head-head match-up. That's pretty much in line with other recent Texas polls. What caught our attention is that among all registered voters, it is Clinton with a four point lead. That's a 10 point difference.
Blickers

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 01:10 pm
I don't think Mississippi is going to vote Democratic in this election. Missouri seems to be a pretty safe state for Republicans as well, though not like Mississippi. The others might be contested.

Granted that the Electoral College is what actually elects the President, I'm not feeling too comfortable with the idea of Hillary's lead is not safe in the popular vote, but she's got the Electoral College wrapped up. I think we'll see if Trump continues to pull even or surpass Hillary in the polls, the state polls will even up. Of the five elections before 2000 where the popular vote winner lost the Electoral vote, the Electoral vote winner was not behind more than 1½ percentage points behind in the popular vote. In other words, the race has to be razor close in the popular vote first before the possiblity of the popular vote loser winning the Electoral College emerges. If Trump stays even for long, we'll likely see him make big gains in the Electoral vote.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 01:22 pm
@ehBeth,
They tried that "likely voter" BS back in 2012. Gallup showed a five point difference between Likely voter and Registered voter throughout the campaign, all in favor of Romney. Democrats complained that the screening process the Gallup poll used to determine a Registered voter's likelihood to vote was skewed toward Republicans, and it was. Gallup became something of a laughingstock in the polling world that year, for falling for the Republicans' analysis of who is likely to vote.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 02:34 pm
Bookmark
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 02:41 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

http://www.270towin.com/news/2016/09/15/whos-a-likely-voter-makes-a-big-difference-in-this-new-texas-poll_374.html#.V-A19xBrjIU

Quote:
Who's a Likely Voter? Makes a Big Difference in this New Texas Poll

September 15, 2016

A new Texas Lyceum poll gives Donald Trump a six point lead over Hillary Clinton among likely voters in a head-head match-up. That's pretty much in line with other recent Texas polls. What caught our attention is that among all registered voters, it is Clinton with a four point lead. That's a 10 point difference.

Really depends on who turns out to vote. A large minority turnout might just turn Texas blue, or perhaps purple, this year.

Battleground Texas has been working to get the vote out. The demographics are in the Democrat's favor, but there's a lot of voter apathy. I think the idea that Texas is solidly red is pure marketing.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 04:38 pm
@DrewDad,
Texas isn't red or pink on 270towin. It's a surprising tan.

__

edit -on the newest map more have moved from solid Trump to toss-up.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 06:41 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Texas isn't red or pink on 270towin. It's a surprising tan.

My point is that it shouldn't be a surprise. That's the marketing I was talking about.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 06:51 am
We've got some precious idiots here. O'George gets two down votes for bookmarking the thread? I voted him up, and i don't particularly like him. This idiocy needs to stop.
revelette2

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 07:05 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, it does need to stop. Perhaps there should be a comment box beside the thumbing feature and if you don't fill out the box with an explanation and who you are, you don't get to use the feature? Or something like that.
revelette2

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 07:14 am
George H W Bush 'voting for Hillary', claims member of Kennedy family

Quote:
President George H W Bush is reportedly voting for Hillary Clinton in November, according to a Facebook post from John F Kennedy’s niece.

The post by Kathleen Kennedy Townsend – the former lieutenant governor of Maryland and daughter of Robert F Kennedy – shows her posing with George H W Bush with the caption “The President told me he is voting for Hillary!!”

Townsend – writing on Facebook under the name Kathleen Hartington – has been a longtime vocal supporter of Clinton’s campaign.

Jim McGrath, a Bush family spokesman, told the Guardian “The vote President Bush will cast as a private citizen in some 50 days will be just that: a private vote cast in 50 days. He is not commenting on the presidential race in the interim.”

I guess if it is true Bush told Kathleen K Townsend who he was voting for she can't keep a confidence very well.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 09:37 am
The Dem playbook to stopping facts and public sharing of information:
https://cryptome.org/2012/07/gent-forum-spies.htm
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 09:44 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

The totals are the same today but some switches from red to pink and tan.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/clinton-trump-electoral-map

Quote:

Clinton 224 / 169 / 55
Trump 126 / 29 / 97

a few more have switched from Trump to toss-up

Clinton 224/ 169 / 55
Trump 120 / 23 / 97

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 01:37 pm
@revelette2,
Just about every other site i visit does not have a vote-down option, although you can vote your approval . If you don't like someone or their post, you can report it or just suck it up.