Those were the days: when was America greatest? When was life in the US best?

Eliusa

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:45 pm
@nimh,
It IS THE BEST! SHUT up!
hingehead

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 04:27 pm
@Eliusa,
Isn't a little past your bedtime?
roger

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 04:28 pm
@hingehead,
24/7 Sorry about that.
hingehead

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 04:32 pm
@roger,
24 - 7 ! Did that beat the point spread?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:32 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I don't think that this is a thing and goes back to not knowing what racism is. I'd say you could be prejudiced against your own race, you may not like your own race, you may be continuously disappointed by your own race, but I don't think you can be racist of your own race

Although you are talking semantics, I can always use a different word in the place of racist. How about bigot? I do believe someone who is prejudice against any race including their own, can be defined as a bigot.

Quote:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot
Full Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Real Music

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:52 pm
@AC14747,
Quote:
Well let's just say that I'm not white. But I find it interesting that you think that a black man who is against his own race is racist. So that begs the question do you denounce black people who kill other black people or black people who call other black people nigger?

Yes, I most definitely feel that a black man who is hates or is against the black race is racist. Or if you prefer, I can always use the word bigot. I denounce any individual who kills another individual regardless of their race. We are all individuals regardless of our race. I oppose black people calling other black people nigger or nigga. I appose the use of the word nigga, even when it is used as term of endearment. I never use the word nigger or nigga unless I am discussing word as the topic of a discussion. Where we seem to differ is I denounce individuals while you appear to denounce an entire race.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:55 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

Isn't a little past your bedtime?

Is Elusia the one with a boyfriend she longs for but is married and won't break his heart so she posts tons and tons of anguished lovesick rationale and then gets cranky?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 08:02 pm
@AC14747,
Quote:
Because it appears as though members of a minority need to be the victim in order to be relevant.

I don't need you to hate me or like me. I don't even know you. You are nothing to me.
Real Music

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 08:10 pm
@AC14747,
Quote:
Generally speaking I believe that Asians who live in the United States think that they are better than most other people that live here.

I don't believe that Asians feel the way that you believe they feel
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 08:17 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
@AC14747,
Quote:
Generally speaking I believe that Asians who live in the United States think that they are better than most other people that live here.

I'm Asian, and I don't even know what you're talking about. What I have found is that Japanese Americans have married into other cultures and races. That's a funny way for Asians to prove they are better than other people. BTW, I'm third generation American.
We have British, German, Black, Russian, Chinese, and Hispanic in our family.
Real Music

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 08:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I'm Asian, and I don't even know what you're talking about. What I have found is that Japanese Americans have married into other cultures and races. That's a funny way for Asians to prove they are better than other people. BTW, I'm third generation American.
We have British, German, Black, Russian, Chinese, and Hispanic in our family.

I agree with you. The other poster (AC14747) is the one who has issues.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 08:29 pm
@Real Music,
Oh, I forgot; my nephew married a Vietnamese woman.
0 Replies

perennialloner

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 10:37 pm
@AC14747,
Quote:
No that's just you're prejudiced showing. You never asked me why I was disappointed or what I thought the statistics had to do with the argument so at this point any explanation on my part would be a waste of time.

i didn't need to ask. you already told me. basically you are disappointed in black people because according to you black people get *extra* help for being victims but do nothing to deserve that help because they are the ones who makes themselves victims by living carelessly and rambunctiously -- cue your precious statistics. you have made it clear that your statistic shows that black people should not be pandered to by the government and the "apologists." so, yes, i know why you're disappointed, and what your statistic has to do with "the argument" that you've never actually talked about. you've really just been attacking liberals...

and i'd tell you everything wrong about what you think and your faulty assumptions but pages have been already dedicated to that still to no avail so at this point any explanation on my part would be a waste of time.
Real Music

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 11:13 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I don't think that this is a thing and goes back to not knowing what racism is. I'd say you could be prejudiced against your own race, you may not like your own race, you may be continuously disappointed by your own race, but I don't think you can be racist of your own race.

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internalized_racism
Internalized racism is loosely defined as the internalization by people of racist attitudes towards members of their own ethnic group, including themselves.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 01:50 am
AC14747 posted 15 Sep, 2016 7:06pm
Quote:
What's really interesting is nobody's asked me what race I am

Real Music replied 15 Sep, 2016 9:02pm
Quote:
What race you are doesn't matter. For all we know, you might be a black person who is racist against other black people. There are racist who are racist against their own race. Since you brought it up, I'll ask the question. What is you race? Are you black?

AC14747 replied 16 Sep, 2016 7:32am
Quote:
Well let's just say that I'm not white

It's funny how AC14747 voluntarily bring it to everyone's attention that no one ask what was his race. After I asked him what he brought up himself, he never actually answered my question. He avoided the question by saying well I'm not white, when I specifically ask him what is his race and if he was black. His dodging and avoidance suggest that he is black. I wonder why he won't admit that he is black. I am a black man. I have no problem stating that I am a black man. I find that to be an odd behavior. I guess AC14747 being disappointed in his own race makes it difficult to admit that he is black. I really feel sorry for him, that he has these racist hatred bigoted feelings toward his own race. I suspect he probably has racist and hatred bigoted feelings toward other races as well. That is so sad.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 02:13 am
We had a member here once who implied that he was "not white." Turns out he's Italian, and all he was saying is that he has an "olive" complexion. We had another joker here who used an image of John Lee Hooker for his avatar, and used to use this phony Stepin Fetchit patois, and who was happy to let people think he was black, but he never actually said that he was black.
0 Replies

AC14747

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 03:35 am
@Real Music,
Full Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance

I like this definition it fits perfectly the Liberals here in a2k and elsewhere who and arguments with members of the right with hysterical cries of racist bigot prejudice homophobe xenophobe islamophobe etc. Yes that will do nicely. Thank you.
AC14747

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 03:45 am
@Real Music,
Quote:
Yes, I most definitely feel that a black man who is hates or is against the black race is racist. Or if you prefer, I can always use the word bigot. I denounce any individual who kills another individual regardless of their race. We are all individuals regardless of our race. I oppose black people calling other black people nigger or nigga. I appose the use of the word nigga, even when it is used as term of endearment. I never use the word nigger or nigga unless I am discussing word as the topic of a discussion. Where we seem to differ is I denounce individuals while you appear to denounce an entire race.

Thank you for saying that you denounce blacks who kill other blacks or refer to other blacks as nigger... very commendable.

Now when have I denounced an entire race?
AC14747

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 03:46 am
@Real Music,
Quote:

I don't need you to hate me or like me. I don't even know you. You are nothing to me

Well apparently I must be something to you otherwise you wouldn't be responding to me.
AC14747

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 04:04 am
@perennialloner,
Your response was fairly disjointed but I think you finally got it at the end. My posts and responses we're an exercise to illustrate how intolerant and narrow-minded the liberal posters here in a2K are. Since you don't know my race and my posts we're ambiguous enough where most would not be able to assign them any specific motive or mindset, I shouldn't have been do quickly attacked.

But in usual fashion, in a knee-jerk reaction the Liberals here immediately started in with the pejorative name calling when all I really did was have the temerity to suggest a problem within the black community.

And henceforth when people here who's ideology is to the right of the liberal progressives and are labeled racists we will all know that they are the textbook definition of bigot thanks to Real Music's definition.