Why Black Lives Still Matter

hingehead

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:50 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Rationalize(correct spelling)???

Goddamn you're funny. Correct spelling? Where you live sure - I don't suppose you would consider that people can live outside your tiny universe.

Quote:
I don't rationalize I state the facts...if he had complied he'd be alive today. There is no way you can say different because that the fact is inescapable.

So everyone who doesn't comply, TO THE LETTER, can be expect to be killed by the police?

Your myopia on this issue is gargantuan.
hingehead

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 03:52 pm
@giujohn,

Quote:
g)???I

PS and don't rag someone else's spelling when you use three question marks in a row and forget the space after.

Although, in all honesty, I can see why you'd attack on grammar - you have more chance of being right.
giujohn

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 04:19 pm
@hingehead,
You can respond with hysterics but you still can not detract from the fact that if he had complied with the officer's command he would be alive today.

If a police officer is pointing a gun at you and ordering you to comply if you don't that tells the officer that you are prepared to resist and any movement after that can be interpreted as furtive and a threat to the officer... Anyone in their right mind having a gun pointed at them by a cop and does not comply is by definition an idiot and is responsible for his own death. End of story.
cicerone imposter

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 04:37 pm
@hingehead,
guijohn has myopia; blindness of the brain.
http://www.vox.com/2016/7/21/12244938/north-miami-police-shooting-charles-kinsey-video
0 Replies

hingehead

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 04:59 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
If a police officer is pointing a gun at you and ordering you to comply if you don't that tells the officer that you are prepared to resist and any movement after that can be interpreted as furtive and a threat to the officer... Anyone in their right mind having a gun pointed at them by a cop and does not comply is by definition an idiot and is responsible for his own death. End of story.

So if you're deaf, having an epileptic seizure, don't speak english, have a cognitive disorder, a mental illness, intense anxiety or any of a million other situations that you don't comply you should be executed?

Is that how they train police in the US?

I pray to the FSM that you are no longer a police officer - and am very grateful that in my country we do not train our police officers to shoot unarmed people because they don't know how to play Simon Says.
giujohn

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 05:27 pm
@hingehead,
If the deaf man or any other is making movements that look threatening to the officer you're damn right... he's dead. Everybody speaks gun no matter what your native language is if someone's pointing a gun at you, you don't need to speak English you need to get your ******* ass on the ground with your hands spread...end of story.
cicerone imposter

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 05:32 pm
@giujohn,
How does a deaf man make threatening movements? How does the officer determine what is threatening?
hingehead

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 05:37 pm
@giujohn,
You have a completely perverted take on 'To serve and protect'.

What happened to you?
reasoning logic

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 05:43 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
very grateful that in my country we do not train our police officers to shoot unarmed people because they don't know how to play Simon Says.

What country do you live in? In the US you are guilty until proven innocent.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 06:10 pm
@giujohn,
Thank God and all the Saints that you are no longer on duty with a gun and a piss-poor attitude.
reasoning logic

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 06:22 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Thank God and all the Saints that you are no longer on duty with a gun and a piss-poor attitude.

What do you think about thanking this young independent media lady for educating the public on black lives?

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 06:44 pm
Could black lives problems and the rest of our problems arise from the policies that we implement? Maybe we should vote for people who really care.

0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 07:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It's like art hard to describe but you know it when you see it
0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 07:19 pm
@hingehead,
Let me ask all you geniuses... Cop is pointing a loaded gun at your head and telling you to get on the ground...if your first reaction is to argue with him you're the biggest idiot to come down the pike... The operative phrase here is loaded gun pointed at your stupid head
hingehead

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 07:26 pm
@giujohn,
So now being stupid has a death sentence, without trial or jury?

You, my friend, are the ******* genius.
ehBeth

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 08:49 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
Is that how they train police in the US?

there is a big call (from within the policing community itself) for some solid retraining of American police. there is recognition of the problem.

they've called on some Canadian experts to develop a training regimen. Can existing forces be retrained? that's a big question for everyone.
hingehead

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 09:15 pm
@ehBeth,
I've often thought the 'layers' of law enforcement agencies in the US raises administrative burdens, demolishes common standards, and leads to jurisdictional infighting.

In Aus we have state police forces (we only have 6 states and 1 territory) and the Federal Police who handle policing in the territories (apart from the one mentioned in the previous parentheses) and the Australian Federal Police (AFP):
Federal agents are based in each Australian state and territory capital city, internationally and form the largest component of the AFP staff, federal agents chiefly perform criminal investigative duties.

Current areas of focus for the AFP:

Illicit drug trafficking
Organised people smuggling;
Human Trafficking, including sexual servitude and human exploitation;
Serious major fraud against the government
High-tech crime involving information technology and communications
Prevention, countering and investigation of terrorism
Transnational and multi-jurisdictional crime
Money laundering
Organised crime

The US system of federal, state, county, municipal with 50 states seems gobsmackingly unwieldy from this distance.
0 Replies

perennialloner

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 09:39 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
If the deaf man or any other is making movements that look threatening to the officer you're damn right... he's dead.

There are so many things wrong with this... and by saying it you've plainly stated the disadvantage black people have against officers. They are much more likely to make movements that look threatening, whether they actually are or not.
Quote:
Everybody speaks gun no matter what your native language is if someone's pointing a gun at you, you don't need to speak English you need to get your ******* ass on the ground with your hands spread...end of story.

You clearly haven't lived in a war-torn country or you'd never say such a thing. You cannot assume that other people's experiences are yours. What you'd do is not what they'd do. Many black children are taught and/or naturally develop survival instincts in an effort to protect themselves from the injustices they encounter. When a cop is pointing a gun at them, the last thing they want to do is submit when they know they'll end up with a harsh sentence they do not deserve.

Several Christmases ago my family had black friends over. They were a family and had just come from church, dressed in nice clothes. One of our neighbors saw them drive down the street and called the police. We live in a mostly white neighborhood so I guess our neighbor felt uncomfortable with black people around at Christmas time. I was quite young at the time so I didn't understand the severity of what had happened, but now I realize that things like this are why black lives matter. The only reason that neighbor called the police was because she saw black people. They looked threatening to her because they were black. Their bodies were disrespected because of their dark skin. Any decent American would care about the wellbeing of his countrymen.

giujohn

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 10:21 pm
@perennialloner,
Quote:
Many black children are taught and/or naturally develop survival instincts in an effort to protect themselves from the injustices they encounter. When a cop is pointing a gun at them, the last thing they want to do is submit when they know they'll end up with a harsh sentence they do not deserve.

And there you have it boys and girls... I couldn't have said it better. What you're describing is called resisting arrest... And no matter how you justify it, that's a crime.

So the mentality here is to avoid a harsh sentence when they resist and it escalates and the officer feels endangered they end up dead.. how much more harsh a sentence is that. That is the most un-*******-believable line of thinking to the point of being comical. I guess this level of stupidity is like retroactive evolution. I have no sympathy for purposeful stupidity... no ******* well... And so it goes
perennialloner

Wed 21 Sep, 2016 10:30 pm
@giujohn,
I can't believe you don't realize that you're rationalizing institutionalized racism, along with all the problems in US law enforcement.