Click to save the rainforest (#52 - Down but not out)

danon5

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 01:04 pm
Hi Aa and all, Very Happy

Aa, you may be right - we have tendencies to become mired so deeply in habit we don't notice things.

After HS grad in '61 I left home - eventually living and working in Dallas, TX. It was there I decided to lose the accent - so I actually practiced speaking correctly until I thought I had it right. Lately, I feel some serious backsliding has occurred. :wink: Rolling Eyes

Keep on Clickin!
0 Replies

just susan

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 01:18 pm
Joan Lee-- glad to see the link worked. I never know about those things.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 02:10 pm
all clicked in
0 Replies

ul

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 02:20 pm
Good to see you Aa.
Hello to all wildclickers.

Danon, Styrian Gold-aka pumkin seed oil will be hard to find in East Texas- wish I could give you some of mine.

What to tell about the trip to the US? It was marvellous and far too short.
Meeting with friends was one highlight, and then the beaches of North Carolina. Not crowed, no touristic "highlights", just quiet days with long walks along the ocean, shelling, watching birds, star gazing ( falling stars). Listening to the waves, feeling the sun, seeing the horizon so far away, the color changes of the ocean all this is what makes this place so special for me.
One day we were swimming out and suddenly we were surrounded by dolphins who seemed to be curious about us.
The last week we had to be in Washington where my husband was attending a meeting, so I had time to visit some museums. I had looked forward to visit the new National Museum of the American Indian, but I was to early. Next year, maybe.
Last stop was New York- right during the Convention, but I meeting a friend was more interesting than the Convention.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:20 pm
Hi justsusan,

Glad to see you posting again! Congrats to sister-in-law and her daughter! What a great reunion story!

<sending good thoughts for your dad as well>

Hi joan_lee, and Aa, ehBeth, sozobe <hope i didn't miss anyone>

Ul, your vacation sounded marvelous and very restful. Glad you had a grat time! Next year the American Indian Museum will be waiting for ya, and so will the adorable sea mammals! How cool was that! Smile

Danon, ya all can Texas speak. Wildclickers dont' mind how ya sound just so ya keep on clickin'... Cool
0 Replies

pwayfarer

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 04:52 pm
Yo, everybody- pwayfarer or jus' plain wayfarer checking in - probably the last time for two weeks. Our poor French club has become so fluid- one gal(84 year old gal) dropped out a few months ago because she had a surprise fainting spell, our youngest member has gone to a funeral in Chicago on Friday morning and is flying back to Boston Friday afternoon to join us at Logan. Our second youngest and most enthusiastic gal just tearfully dropped out on doctor's orders - giving her spot back to the 84 year old who feels she's up to it. Now let;s see if she can get a ticket to ride! I can barely walk, but I don't think that will really slow me down.
Matix, thanks a million for the substitute clicking - I can go with a clear conscience.
Aa- it's good to see you back.
Au revoir for now.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 06:00 pm
Bon voyage, Pwayfarer!

(pronounced Paaaatreeeeeezeeeeeeuh, of course Very Happy )

Ok - WildClickers, admit it - you all think that the other WildClickers sound the way you do, don't you?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2004 06:04 pm
1 Carolyn I. ...........35.419 acres
2 Aktbird57 .. ........34.818 acres
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:45 am
Moan'n everbody, (early greeting - not an indication of unwellness) grin!!

ul,
Thanks so much for the Golden wishes - I have found a place in Virginia that imports the oil and am making arrangements to get some.
The Am. Indian Museum in DC sounds great - I must visit next time I'm there. A very short drive from our home in TX is the state of Oklahoma - where ALL (or at least a lot of) the Am. Indians are located. There are many pow-wows and celebrations held each year. All very interesting.

Hi PattiW,
Here's wishing you all the fun and excitement in the world on your trip. Bring back pictures - you are soooo good with a camera.

J'ai cliqueté pour aujourd'hui
0 Replies

just susan

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:59 am
Good morning all. I've clicked-- even before my second cup of coffee. It's gonna be a good day.
Tonight I've arranged for a care-giver for Dad and I'm taking my brother to the local Irish pub (Murphy's), which will be a first for both of us. We both need an evening out. We'll see how well they build a pint of Guinness.
0 Replies

Joan Lee

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 10:32 am
Stradee

I just tried to send you a PM and I see they aren't functioning right now. Hmm. If you also post on A2K I could try there. But I'd need to know your screen name. Thanks. Joan Lee
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:40 pm
Hi joan_lee,

At Seattlebuzz my screen name "onmymarc", or you can e mail me at [email protected].

Are you on the Wildclicker map site, joan_lee? My care2 e mail address
posted there also.

Have a great vacation wayfarer!

Danon, MerryAndrews, ehbeth, justsusan, joan_lee, and all wilclickers ~ have a good evening...

clicked
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:41 pm
clicked clicked clicked
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 05:43 pm
Joan Lee, AUTO SPAM FILTER a forum I'm not familiar with so lets just say I visit Seattle quite often also. Smile
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:50 pm
Hi, everyone!

***** Hi, husker!!!!! *****

Aa and Joan Lee...

What a nice surprise to find you both here on the Rainforest thread! (Now that we know that you know where we are, you'll have to keep coming back... :wink: ) It's so good to have you clicking with us again!

just susan...

I can't tell you how good it is to see you back with us. I'm also glad to see that you and your brother are getting a chance to take a break from things. It really helps when you can do that - even if it's just for a short period of time. I hope that your dad is comfortable. I'm still keeping all of you in my thoughts.

ul...

It's great to have you back, too! Your trip sounded interesting...I'd take the beach over the conventions any day!

danon...

My s-i-l (the nice one) and her husband live just outside of Fort Worth - he's from there, she's not. He can turn his Texas accent on and off at will, and usually talks without it...My s-i-l picked up an accent that's so thick immediately upon moving down there - it's funny! My daughter says she sounds like someone who answers the phone when it rings while they've been in a deep sleep. Laughing

wayfarer...

Have a great time on your trip!

BTW...my grandma made it to 100 years old yesterday, but unfortunately we weren't able to have her birthday party last Saturday as planned. On the 4th, she fell and broke her leg below where she broke it a couple of years ago. She had surgery to pin the bones together on the 5th and everything went well, but she had to stay in the hospital for a week before they moved her into the nursing home floor of her retirement home. She was able to recover quickly from her broken hip and a broken femur (both happened while she's been in her 90's) so I'm hoping that she'll be back in her assisted living apartment soon. She's a very busy person with lots of "meetings" to go to, so I don't see her being kept down long. Hey, she drove until she was 90...Really! Laughing
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 08:55 pm
Congrats for grandma(b'day)!!! mine's about 97 - these gals got spirit!
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:07 pm
Thanks, husker! I'm hoping that we've inherited whatever it is that's kept both of them going so strong all these years. It's pretty amazing when you think of all the things they lived through and all the changes in the world that they've been able to witness during their lifetimes, isn't it?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2004 09:33 pm
Happy Earthturn to all WildClickers grandmothers and grandfathers and all WildClickers who are grandmothers and grandfathers !!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:06 am
Hi all,

Clicked in!!!!!

Matrix,
The story re your s-i-l in Ft Worth reminded me of one of my favorite movies - Hopscotch - with Walter Matthau, Jackson, Waterston, Beatty, Lom etc. In the movie Matthau tries his "southern accent" on a couple of local Savannah, GA people - one man, after Matthau tries to say "bye" which comes out sort of "Bauhhuuah" in about three syllables, repeats the strange sound that came from Matthau while shaking his head in wonder. It was funny as is the movie.

ul,
Update on the Golden Oil - - - I have found an outlet in Dallas, TX and will get some through the mail from my friends who live there. Yay!!!!!

Good clicking everyone!!!!!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:14 am
Hi all ~

clkcked
0 Replies