Click to save the rainforest (#52 - Down but not out)

Stradee

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 09:05 am
g'day all ~

clicked
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 01:07 pm
'morning, everyone!

pwayfarer...

I've sent you an e-mail with my e-address in case you don't already have it - it's also on the Bravenet map site. You know, you're gonna have to post pictures or at least a link to pictures of where you're going. It's so beautiful over there - you have to at least let the rest of us live vicariously through you Smile

ehBeth...

Good idea sticking with the original format of changing threads every so often. You're right...it will probably be a good way of generating more clickers for the team, and those we can use!

Stradee and MA...

Warm beaches with black sand and turtles, etc. are sounding very nice right now. Our temperatures have been dropping here, and we've been getting doused with rain inbetween brief periods of sun for the past week or two. The leaves on all of my Japanese maples started turning colors about three weeks ago - they're beautiful, but I'm not ready to let summer go, yet!

Hi, annoverboard...!

I think we met on a few Abuzz threads long ago. It's nice to see you again. I like your cat.

danon...

Everybody's up too early for me. When our relatives who live in Texas were up here a couple of weeks ago, they were on a completely different time schedule than we were. Besides being hours ahead of us, they're early morning people. We like staying up late and not getting up so early. It was a very hard adjustment to make. You still have to tell us about your trip.....

and, guys...

Thank you. I will tell my sub-clickers that you have doffed your virtual hats to them, but...really, we're all just clicking for the aktbird57 team and more importantly for the rainforest.
0 Replies

wordworker

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 01:55 pm
Wow! Hello WildClickers!! Thanks for the links, ehBeth(and the clicks) and Matrix.

I don't have much time to play, but I did click.

Ahoy, AnnOverboard--Haven't seen you in ages!! Good to see again. My old nick was "Partoni" but they would't give it back to me at Abuzz...ah, well.

Be back when I can play longer.

Good to see all of you {{{{Rainforest Friends}}}

ww (smiling)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 07:54 pm
aktbird57 - You and your 279 friends have supported 1,511,705.0 square feet!

psst - #279 is me checking to see if that invitation link worked!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 07:55 pm
and the leaderboard has vanished again!

good thing that Craven spotted the moment that we could run in and grab some info!
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2004 10:08 pm
wordworker...

Great to see you back on a Rainforest thread! You've been missed!

Thanks for the update, ehBeth!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:43 am
g'day wildclickers,

woodworker and wayfarer, good seeing your posts at the rainforest threads again!

clicked
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 08:19 am
Happy Monday all,

Clicked................

Matrix, Hi!!
Our trip to the Gulf Coast was really great. Our granddaughter just turned twenty and is such a nice mature young lady now. We went to the Florida panhandle to visit my most favorite beaches in the world - those by Fort Walton Beach and especially Grayton State Rec Park (just to the east side of Destin) While all the sand along that part of the coast is great, Grayton is fun because it is not built up like all the rest. It still retains that natural look I remember from the late '60's and early '70's - before the building boom. The sand is still white as sugar and sqeeks when walked upon - and the water is still clear and emerald colored. The Sea Oats are a wonderful golden contrast against the normally brilliant blue sky. Ahhh, such great memories. :wink:

ehBeth,
Yes, I saw the leaderboard while it was up. The guesstimate I made earlier was right on target. My latest guess that we will pass Carolyn's team for first place in three and a half weeks is still good.

Fingers crossed hoping nothing changes............. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 10:10 am
That would be amazing ... just in time for Canajun Thanksgiving, and my fourth anniversary with the team.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 10:14 am
Wow! I do remember breathless pursuit of MUCH lower spots. #1?!

Wow.

(Clicked!)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 10:18 am
Breathless pursuit! Very Happy I like that.

I can recall the excitement when we got on the leaderboard to begin with - and then dreaming dreaming dreaming of being in the top 100.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 01:10 pm
Clicked.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 01:16 pm
did the deed
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 04:59 pm
aktbird57 - You and your 279 friends have supported 1,512,547.9 square feet!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 05:15 pm
ehBeth--

What would that million and a half square feet come to in acres?
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 05:39 pm
Hi Noddy!!

There are 43,560 sq ft in one acre. So, by dividing
1,512,547.9 by that, you would arrive at 34.723 acres. In round numbers 34 and 3/4 acres.

Great going Wildclickers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 05:51 pm
We'll be up to havin' saved the whole darn back 40 in no time ay-tall.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 06:44 pm
Almost 2 years ago ...

Quote:
ulschmid(u.43142)
Added on Fri Sep 27 3:03 PM EDT 2002

5# bsegui 4.481 acres

6# aktbird57 4.446 acres
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 06:54 pm
Thirty four and a bit is a number I can understand. Thank you, Danon.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2004 07:22 pm
Well, I sure am glad there's people around here who know how to do math cuz I certainly can't do it. Our team is doing incredibly well, isn't it? Very Happy

Before Abuzz died, I went back and looked at some of the old rainforest threads just to remember what we'd talked about and while doing so, one of the things that struck me was just how far we'd come with our clicking...that post by ulschmid from 2002 really says a lot! It's nice to be associated with people who are so dedicated to a good cause. Very Happy

Wonder where we'll be 2 years from now...

danon...

I've never been to Florida, but your description of the beaches there sounds wonderful. It's interesting how different beaches around the world can be from one an other. (I do have to say that I'm glad you and your wife got home when you did - we would have all been terribly worried about you if you were still down there right now.)

Noddy and sozobe...

It's good to see you clicking with us. The rainforest threads have become a pretty special place for those of us who play in them. Hope you guys will stick around. Smile
0 Replies