Click to save the rainforest (#52 - Down but not out)

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:02 am
Down but not out - throwing down the gauntlet ...

In July 2000, a small group of people started clicking together as members of a team at the Rainforest part of care2.com. We 'met' at Abuzz to cheer the team and individuals on, and to discuss the wonders of the world, and the everyday wonders and sorrows of our lives.

We continue here - in our 52nd thread!

Please join us in daily clicking for the Rainforest (and other worthy
causes), and become a part of our cordial group on this Rainforest
thread. We are the aktbird57 team in Race for the Rainforest, and
when we last saw the leaderboard, we were the number 2 team in the world!

here is the link to the rainforest team. leave us a note here if you need some more help with this.

Quote:
Please help! Go to the Race for the Rain Forest at Care2.com. Just click on a button and somewhere in the world, you'll save up to 15 square feet of rain forest, prairie, or wetlands, -- you choose! Corporate sponsors show
their logos when you click, and in return, they pay for the habitat saved.

Just click: http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=856730509

To register for the first time, create your own Distinct Log-in name
and Password. Then each time you visit the site to click you simply
Log-in and click on the Rainforest button. It's that simple. The
site is FREE.If you have a question, we have plenty of answers. FREE.

After clicking, feel free to post on this thread. We have the most
wonderful and helpful group of people clicking here. Any time you can't
click, we can arrange for a substitute to click for you.

COME AND JOIN THE WILDCLICKERS ON OUR 52ND STROLL INTO THE RAINFOREST
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 36,334 • Replies: 605
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:04 am
Heehee - first post!

heehee
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:06 am
from a guided walking adventure through rainforest wilderness to dramatic Karekare, the Piano beach

http://www.karekarebeachlodge.co.nz/photos/beach_view.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:49 am
I am going to email the link to the new thread to as many as I can think of right now. I'm not in 'the' account right now, so I'll apologize in advance to anyone who gets multiple multiple notices Embarrassed
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 08:52 am
I'm here, I'm here! You don't gotta e-mail me nuttin'. (Clicked, as usual, first thing this mornin'.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 09:12 am
Clicked!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 09:25 am
<packing gourmet lunch>

Black Sand Beach

Your licorice waves
Lap at the end of untamed civilizations
An undiscovered sun
Burns a hole through volcanic rocks
As lovers stroll over the hulls
Of Atlantean ships that bear
Witness to Greek Idols
A sun-drenched idyll
On a remote epiphany of sand and wonder
0 Replies

just susan

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 09:44 am
Wildclikers, I'm here.
Thanks for the link, beth. I've clicked.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 09:49 am
Present and clickin

Stradee, good poem
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 10:28 am
hi kara and justsusan

justsusan, sending good thoughts to you and your family
0 Replies

pwayfarer

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 10:42 am
Yo,everybody. All kriked in. Anybody up for substitute clicking? I'm wayfaring again(what else is new)
0 Replies

pwayfarer

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 10:42 am
Yo,everybody. All kriked in. Anybody up for substitute clicking? I'm wayfaring again(what else is new)
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 10:48 am
chicked !
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 01:46 pm
H, everyone...

Beth -

Thanks for starting #52 - it may end up being the longest Rainforest thread in the history of our group Laughing

just susan...

I'm glad to see you here and hope you are doing okay. I've been thinking of you and your family a lot...

pwayfarer...

Where are you off to this time? (wouldn't be France again, would it?) I can do your clicking for you if you still need someone to do it for you. Just let me know.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 01:52 pm
The leaderboard is up again.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 04:02 pm
Clicked....yawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 05:04 pm
stradee - thanks for the poetry - i love the different connections we all make to places and sounds and thoughts and music. I was re-reading a bit of "48 - it's the berries" this morning. Aa started a wonderful conversation with the opening post there.

just susan and kara - good to have you clicking with us. just susan, you know we've continued to think about you and your family.

Matrix - I thought we'd continue to start new threads at the 250 - 300 post point. There was always something so refreshing on a new thread. New mental connections to make, and so on. It also gives different members of the group opportunities to tell us about something particular they're interested in presenting to us.

Thanks for the word on the leaderboard, craven. I guess it's time to go in and get some info again. Have you thought anymore about using your account within the aktbird57 team as the new member link here?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 05:08 pm
pwayfarer - did you lose your old name here? I thought you already had a wayfarer account.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 05:54 pm
ehBeth, yep ~ all the rainforest threads held special thoughts and meaning for each of us. My two favorites were "a chance to do something worthwhile" and "a walk though the rainforest to the ocean". <not sure of the name or numbers of each, but remember the great posts when new wildclickers <me included> joined the team.

Berries, trees, flowers, animals, gardening, and scuba diving off the coast of CA and Wa...great posts and terrific rainforest threads.

We're beginning anew, but am sure more people will join the team, talk about their experiences and post links for each rainforest topic.

Did you know that lava and seashells are components of black sand?
Figured it would take a greek god or two for carrying wildclickers across the sand so our feet wouldn't desolve from noonday heat... Shocked
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 06:03 pm
Interesting that you mention the walk through the rainforest to the ocean thread, Stradee. The opening to that thread meant a lot to me - partly because it gave me a chance to share the music of Stan Rogers with my WildClicking friends. It was sort of the inspiration for the selection of the photo in my second post on this thread. I was looking something with the rainforest - and then found a rainforest/ocean one. How fortuitous!

I didn't know about the lava. I think I need to go do some reading.
0 Replies